Ampico 3gm Injection
Price to be Updated
Ampico 3gm Injection Description
Ampico 3gm Injection is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat various bacterial infections of the lungs, throat, airways, skin, soft tissues, bone, ear, nose and wounds after surgery due to va
rious organisms. It contains ampicillin and cloxacillin as its active ingredients. It belongs to the 'Penicillin' class of antibiotics. It acts by inhibiting the growth, killing the infection-causing bacteria.
Uses of Ampico 3gm Injection
Contraindications of Ampico 3gm Injection
- If you are allergic to ampicillin, cloxacillin or any of the ingredients of Ampico 3gm Injection .
- If you are allergic to similar antibiotics like Cefixime, Cefpodoxime and Amoxicillin.
- Ampico 3gm Injection should never be used for eye infections and eye contact should be avoided.
Side effects of Ampico 3gm Injection
- Skin rashes
- Urge to scratch
Precautions and Warnings of Ampico 3gm Injection
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergy to Penicillins.
- You experience serious allergic reactions and skin rashes after taking this medicine.
- If you are having watery diarrhoea or severe stomach pain, immediately stop this medicine and consult your doctor.
- You develop other infections while taking this medicine.
- You have existing kidney problems.
- You should not give this medicine to newborn babies suffering from jaundice.
- It is advised to complete the course of antibiotics and not skip any dose even if you feel better.
Mode of Action of Ampico 3gm Injection
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ampico 3gm Injection
- Ampico 3gm Injection will be given to you in the hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Ampico 3gm Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Ampico 3gm Injection may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how this medicine works if taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, which includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatments if you are taking it for any disorder....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for gout, antibiotics like chloramphenicol, azithromycin, painkillers, etc.
- This medicine hampers how oral contraceptive medication works. Thus, it is advised to use alternative physical contraceptive measures like condoms.
Storage and disposal of Ampico 3gm Injection
- Store this injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets.