Amphotin Lip 50mg Injection
Amphotin Lip 50 MG Description
Amphotin Lip Injection is an antifungal medication. It contains amphotericin B as the active ingredient. Amphotericin B is prescribed for the treatment of serious fungal infections. This medicine wor
ks by slowing down the growth of fungus. Amphotin Lip Injection is to be administered by a doctor or nurse in a clinical setting only. The doses and duration are determined by the doctor after accessing your condition. Inform your doctor about your complete medical history before initiating the treatment.
Uses of Amphotin Lip 50 MG
- Serious fungal infections
- Kala azar (visceral leishmaniasis)
Contraindications of Amphotin Lip 50 MG
Side effects of Amphotin Lip 50 MG
- Decrease in serum potassium levels
- Pain or swelling at the injection site
Precautions and Warnings of Amphotin Lip 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a liver or kidney-related disorder.
- You experience skin allergy and rashes after taking this medicine.
- Amphotericin B must not be used for superficial fungal infections.
- When on treatment with the Amphotin Lip Injection, your doctor may ask you to perform blood tests to monitor your potassium, magnesium levels and kidney function.
Mode of Action of Amphotin Lip 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Amphotin Lip 50 MG
- Amphotin Lip Injection will be administered by a doctor in a clinical or a hospital setting.
- Please follow any after-care instructions given by your doctor or nurse.
Interactions of Amphotin Lip 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way the Amphotin Lip works or Amphotin Lip itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat cancer, high blood pressure, heart conditions, immunosuppressants, pain killers, muscle relaxants and steroids.
Storage and disposal of Amphotin Lip 50 MG
- Store it in temperatures between 2-8 degrees celsius away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Amphotin Lip 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Amphotin Lip Injection?
Q: How is Amphotin Lip Injection given?
Q: How Amphotin Lip Injection works?
- Ampholip [Internet]. Bharatserums.com. 2021 [cited 14 May 2021].
- AmBisome Liposomal 50 mg Powder for dispersion for infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 May 2021]
- DailyMed - AMBISOME- amphotericin b injection, powder, lyophilized, for solution [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 14 May 2021].
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 14 May 2021].