Aloderm N Cream
Aloderm N Cream Description
Aloderm N Cream is a topical medicine. It is used for the treatment of various skin conditions such as itching, allergies, redness and inflammation suspected to have bacterial or fungal infection. It
is also used in the treatment of ringworm infection, athlete's foot and tinea infections. Aloderm N Cream is a combination of three medicines beclomethasone, clotrimazole and neomycin. This medicine should be applied as directed by your doctor. Use is regularly for effective results.
|Contains||Beclometasone(0.025 %) + Neomycin(0.01 %) + Clotrimazole(1.0 %)|
|Uses||Skin infections and inflammation|
|Side effects||Burning, irritation, itching, allergy, stinging sensation|
|Therapy||TOPICAL ANTIMICROBIAL AND STEROID|
Uses of Aloderm N Cream
Contraindications of Aloderm N Cream
- If you are allergic to neomycin, clotrimazole, beclomethasone or any other ingredient of Aloderm N Cream.
- If you have for nail and scalp infection which is not treated.
Side effects of Aloderm N Cream
Precautions and Warnings of Aloderm N Cream
Other General Warnings
- You experience any allergic reactions of the skin after applying Aloderm N Cream.
- You experience other infections after applying this cream.
- It would be best if you do not use this cream on any condition other than prescribed by your doctor.
- In case you experience any skin reactions after applying this cream, inform your doctor immediately.
- You should not apply this cream for prolonged duration on a larger skin area or more than the prescribed duration.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
- Aloderm N Cream should not be used for children below 12 years.
Mode of Action of Aloderm N Cream
How Does It Work?
- Beclomethasone is a steroid which acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substance, i.e. prostaglandins which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- Clotrimazole works by inhibiting the formation of a fungal cell wall component which leads to altered permeability and growth of fungus causing infection.
- Neomycin is an antibiotic agent which is widely used for treating various bacterial infection of the skin. It works by inhibiting growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection.
- Collectively all these medicines work more effectively by reducing the infection and inflammation of the skin.
Directions for Use of Aloderm N Cream
- Use Aloderm N Cream as directed by your doctor for external use only.
- Apply it on the skin surface free from cuts & wounds.
- Wash your hands before & after using this medicine unless you are using this medicine to treat hands.
- Apply it in thin film covering the infected area and let it get absorbed.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area of skin.
Interactions of Aloderm N Cream
Interactions with other medicines
- Aloderm N Cream is meant for local application on skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine....
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Aloderm N Cream with other medicines. However, as Aloderm N Cream contains three different components, any interaction seen with these three components when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- Aloderm N Cream can damage the surface of physical contraceptives thus an alternative contraceptive measure should be considered during the treatment and after 5 days of the treatment.
Storage and disposal of Aloderm N Cream
- Store this medicine below 30°C in a dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Aloderm N Cream
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, apply it as soon as you remember. If its time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not overapply this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to use Aloderm N Cream?
Q: How should I apply Aloderm N Cream?
Q: Can we use Aloderm N Cream for fungal skin infection?
- Surfaz-SN Cream [Internet]. Francoindian.com. 2021 [cited 29 November 2021]
- TRANSLIPO-3 CREAM [Internet]. Centaurpharma.com. 2021 [cited 29 November 2021]
- Clotrimazole Cream 1% - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 29 November 2021]
- Neomycin - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 29 November 2021]