Alevo 500mg Tablet
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Alevo 500 MG Description
Alevo Tablet is an antibacterial medicine that is used to treat bacterial infections of the urinary tract, nose, throat and skin. It contains levofloxacin as its main ingredient that belongs to the g
roup of antibiotics called fluoroquinolone. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Some common side effects of this tablet include a headache, dizziness, nausea and also diarrhoea. These side effects are mild and short-lived. Abruptly stopping this medicine may increase the risk of re-infection. Talk to your doctor all about your health conditions before taking this tablet.
|You Save||₹13.19 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, dizziness|
Check more medicines with composition as Levofloxacin(500.0 Mg)
3 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Alevo 500mg Tablet
- Phlevo 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 87.92₹ 64.1814.06% CHEAPER₹ 6.42/Tablet
- Fynal 500mg Strip Of 5 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd5 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 41.65₹ 35.405.22% CHEAPER₹ 7.08/Tablet
- Levolve 500mg TabletBy Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 78.84₹ 67.0110.31% CHEAPER₹ 6.7/Tablet
Uses of Alevo 500 MG
- Levofloxacin is used in the treatment of a different type of pneumonia such as (hospital-acquired and community-acquired)
- Respiratory tract infection (Bronchitis)
- Sinus infection
- Urinary tract infection (Cystitis)
- Infection caused by Anthrax (Inhalation Anthrax)
- Skin and soft tissue infection
- Prostate gland infection
Contraindications of Alevo 500 MG
- If you are allergic to Levofloxacin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone.
- If you have a history of fits.
- If you have problems related to the tendon (tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis).
- If your age is less than 18 years.
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Alevo 500 MG
- Sleeping disorder
- Increased liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Alevo 500 MG
Can I take Alevo Tablet during pregnancy?
- Do not take Alevo Tablet if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby.
- If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor.
Can I take Alevo Tablet while breastfeeding?
- It is not known if Alevo Tablet can pass into the breastmilk, however, fluoroquinolones can pass into the breastmilk and harm your child.
- Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking this medicine or ask your doctor for other medicines.
Can I drive if I have consumed Alevo Tablet?
- You may experience drowsiness, dizziness and visual disturbances when you are taking this medicine.
- You should not drive or use any tools or machines while taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Alevo Tablet?
You should avoid drinking excessive alcohol while taking this medicine, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your age is 60 years or above.
- You have diabetes.
- You have a history of fits.
- You have any brain injury.
- You have heart diseases, a history of heart attack, very slow heart rate, salt imbalance.
- You have kidney diseases.
- You have liver diseases.
- You have mental health problems.
- You have myasthenia gravis, this medicine can cause muscle weakness and difficulty in breathing.
Mode of Action of Alevo 500 MG
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by preventing bacterial growth caused by specific enzymes like DNA gyrase and topoisomerase IV that helps in DNA replication.
Directions for Use of Alevo 500 MG
Swallow this medicine as a whole with a glass of water.
Interactions of Alevo 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Alevo Tablet may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how Alevo Tablet works if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines like muscle relaxants, medicines used for brain-related disorders, medicines used to treat respiratory diseases like theophylline, strong painkillers, other antibiotics, anti-cancer and anti-malarial medicines, anti-HIV medicines, etc....
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are anti-coagulants like warfarin, corticosteroids used to treat inflammation and swelling, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, etc.
- Medicines or dietary supplements that contain iron, aluminium, magnesium or sucralfate. Levofloxacin should not be taken within two hours of taking these medications as they reduce the effect of this medicine....
Interactions with food items
- This medicine can be taken with or without food.
- Avoid taking this medicine with orange juice.
- Dietary supplements that contain iron may affect the way this medicine works, therefore, this medicine should be taken two hours before or after having any product that contains iron.
Storage and disposal of Alevo 500 MG
- Store Alevo Tablet at room temperature.
- Protect it from moisture and sunlight.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Alevo 500 MG
- If you take more medicine than that prescribed, this medicine may cause confusion, dizziness, impairment of consciousness, fits, nausea.
- Contact your doctor immediately in case of an overdose or rush to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
For optimum effect, doses of antibiotics should not be missed. If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking this medicine?
A: This medicine can interact with other drugs, hence inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, especially supplements or herbs. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine.
Q: What precautions should I take when using this medicine?
A: Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn. If you experience pain, swelling of a tendon or weakness or an inability to use one of your joints; rest and refrain from exercise and discontinue levofloxacin treatment immediately. Report the same to your doctor. If you experience sudden chest or back or stomach pain, seek medical help immediately. Have plenty of water.
Q: Can I stop taking medicine in the middle if I get relief from the disease?
A: No, do not stop taking medicine in the middle, doing so may cause reinfection or bacterial resistance. Antibiotic should be taken for the complete prescribed duration.
Q: Can I take this medicine along with an antacid?
A: No, it is not advised to take this medicine along with an antacid. There should be a gap of 2 hours between an antacid and this medicine.
- Levofloxacin 250 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].
- LEVAQUIN. [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].
- DailyMed - LEVOFLOXACIN- levofloxacin tablet, film coated [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].
- Levofloxacin 250 mg Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed