Albercilin 500mg Capsules
Albercilin 500mg Capsules Description
Albercilin 500mg Capsules is an antibiotic medicine used for the treatment of bacterial infections such as infections of the lungs, airways, throat, skin, soft tissues, sexually transmitted diseases
, urinary tract, etc. It contains ampicillin as an active ingredient that belongs to the penicillin group of antibiotics.
Uses of Albercilin 500mg Capsules
Contraindications of Albercilin 500mg Capsules
- If you are allergic to ampicillin or any of the other ingredients of Albercilin 500mg Capsules .
- If you are allergic to any other antibiotics belonging to penicillin or cephalosporin class of antibiotics (called beta-lactams).
- If you have any liver or kidney diseases.
- If you are pregnant or a breastfeeding mother.
Side effects of Albercilin 500mg Capsules
Precautions and Warnings of Albercilin 500mg Capsules
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergic reactions like skin rash and swelling of the face or neck due to antibiotic use.
- You are already taking any other antibiotic medicine.
- You have any blood-related disorder.
- You have kidney problems.
- You have low immunity or have glandular fever.
- You are going to have urine tests for glucose, as this medicine may affect the test results.
Mode of Action of Albercilin 500mg Capsules
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Albercilin 500mg Capsules
- Albercilin 500mg Capsules will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Albercilin 500mg Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Albercilin 500mg Capsules may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking.
- In particular, if you are taking any other antibiotic medicines, anti-gout medicines, oral contraceptives, etc.
Storage and disposal of Albercilin 500mg Capsules
- Store Albercilin 500mg Capsules at room temperature.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Albercilin 500mg Capsules
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Albercilin 500mg Capsules ?
Q: Is Albercilin 500mg Capsules an antibiotic medicine?
Q: What is the dose of Albercilin 500mg Capsules ?
- Ampicillin 500 mg powder for solution for injection- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June2022]
- Ampicillin for injection [Internet]. pfizer.com. 2022 [cited 4 June2022]
- Penbritin 500 mg Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]