Zolo 10mg Tab
By ZODAK PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zolo 10mg Tab contains Olanzapine which is an antipsychotic.
|You Save||₹16.56 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
Check more medicines with composition as Olanzapine
Uses of Zolo 10mg Tab
It is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
Contraindications of Zolo 10mg Tab
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you have a history of increased pressure in the eyes (glaucoma)
Side effects of Zolo 10mg Tab
- Weight gain
- Excessive sleep
- Feeling dizzy when getting up from lying or sitting position
- Increased levels of prolactin in the blood
- Unusual movement of face or tongue
- Feeling of restlessness (akathisia)
- Increase in liver enzymes, increase in sugar in blood and urine
- Feeling of hungriness
- Dry mouth
- Swelling of hands, ankles, feet
- Joint pain
- Loss of strength
- Decreased libido in males and females
Precautions and Warnings of Zolo 10mg Tab
Can I take Zolo 10mg Tab during pregnancy?
- It is not recommended to take this medicine if you are pregnant
- If a woman is taking this medicine in the last trimester of pregnancy, then the baby may have shivering, weakness, sleepiness, breathing and feeding difficulties
Can I take Zolo 10mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding as Olanzapine passes into breast milk and may harm your baby. It is advised not to breastfeed your child when you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zolo 10mg Tab?
This medicine is known to cause sleepiness and dizziness, hence driving or operating machines should be avoided while you are taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Zolo 10mg Tab?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption along with this medicine as it may worsen the side effects like sleepiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of fits
- You are an old aged person and have loss of memory
- You experience unusual movements of face or tongue
- You may experience weight gain, monitor your weight regularly, seek dietician's help
- You may experience high blood sugar level and high level of cholesterol and regular blood tests are needed to keep a check on these
- You have a family history of blood clots (This medicine is known to cause blood clots)
- You are suffering from stroke
- You have a blockage in your intestine
- You are suffering from the prostate problem (frequent urination, burning sensation during urination, etc.)
- You are suffering from blood disorders, heart disease, diabetes, Parkinson's disease, liver or kidney disease
Mode of Action of Zolo 10mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Olanzapine helps in restoring the chemical balance of various chemical substances in the brain which may cause mental illness.
Directions for Use of Zolo 10mg Tab
Swallow the whole tablet with water or as prescribed by your physician.
Interactions of Zolo 10mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat anxiety or make you sleep
- Medicine used to treat fungal infection like Ketoconazole
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson’s disease
- Medicines used to treat fits like Carbamazepine
- Medicines used to treat depression (antidepressant) like Fluvoxamine
- Medicines used to treat infections (antibiotic) like Ciprofloxacin
Interactions with food items
Olanzapine may be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Zolo 10mg Tab
- Store at room temperature (below 30°C)
- Keep out of reach of children and protect it from light and moisture
Dosage of Zolo 10mg Tab
- Symptoms of overdose include rapid heartbeat, aggressiveness, unusual movements (of face or tongue), reduced level of consciousness, confusion, fits, sweating, drowsiness, muscle stiffness, slowing of breathing rate, high or low blood pressure, abnormal heart rhythm...
- Seek emergency medical attention if you happen to take more of this medicine
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Zolo 10mg Tab a sleeping aid?
A: Zolo 10mg Tab is typically used as a medicine for schizophrenia. It is not prescribed for insomnia.
Q: Does Zolo 10mg Tab work straight away?
A: No, the medicine will not work immediately. You will generally feel its effects in a short while; however, it can take many weeks as well.
Q: Can I stop taking Olanzapine on my own?
A: No, do not stop this medicine on your own. If your doctor considers it necessary, then he/ she may decrease the dose of the medicine gradually before stopping it. If you stop it suddenly, then you may experience sweating, tremor, nausea, vomiting.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.