Zocef 500mg Tablet
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zocef 500 tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the tonsils, throat, sinus, ears, respiratory tract, urinary tract and infections of the skin and soft tissue. It contains cefurox
ime, which belongs to a group of antibiotic medicines. It works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria, which ultimately cause the death of bacteria. You should take the medicine only after consulting with the doctor and self-medication should be avoided. Inform the doctor about other medicines, over-the-counter products and herbal preparations you are taking before starting the treatment of the Zocef 500 tablet. Always complete the course of the medicine as prescribed by the doctor, abruptly stopping the treatment might result in treatment failure and symptoms might redevelop....
Uses of Zocef 500mg Tablet
Zocef 500 tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the tonsils, throat, sinus, ears, respiratory tract, urinary tract, and infections of the skin and soft tissue.
Contraindications of Zocef 500mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to cefuroxime or any of the other ingredients of Zocef 500 tablet.
- If you have a history of a severe allergic reaction to penicillin, monobactams, carbapenems, or other beta-lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Zocef 500mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Zocef 500mg Tablet
Can I take Zocef 500 tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Zocef 500 tablet on pregnancy. Thus, it is recommended not to take the medicine, unless prescribed by the doctor.
Can I take Zocef 500 tablet while breastfeeding?
Cefuroxime passes into breast milk in small quantities. You should take Zocef 500 tablet only if prescribed by the physician. Watch for diarrhoea in the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zocef 500 tablet?
You may experience dizziness after taking the Zocef 500 tablet, avoid driving if you feel dizzy.
Can I consume alcohol with Zocef 500 tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking the Zocef 500 tablet, as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience continuous diarrhoea, immediately stop taking it and report to the hospital
- You experience difficulty in breathing, rashes, swelling of the face or mouth after taking this medicine
- You develop a rash with blisters and peeling of skin
- You have kidney disease
- You develop white patches in your mouth
Mode of Action of Zocef 500mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Zocef 500 tablet works by stopping bacterial cell wall synthesis; the absence of bacterial cell wall results in the death of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Zocef 500mg Tablet
- Zocef 500 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Zocef 500mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take Zocef 500 medicine along with your acidity medicines.
- It may cause the failure of contraceptive pills (OC pills). If you are taking the contraceptive pill while you are being treated with the medicine, you also need to use a barrier method of contraception (such as condoms)....Read more
- Some medicines can affect the way Zocef 500 tablet works, or Zocef 500 tablet itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....Read more
Storage and disposal of Zocef 500mg Tablet
- Store Zocef 500 tablet in a cool and dry place, protect it from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Zocef 500mg Tablet
Seek emergency medical care if you think you have taken an overdose of Zocef 500 tablet. Overdose symptoms may include damage to the brain and may cause fits.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Zocef 500 tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am allergic to amoxicillin. Can I take this medicine?
A: No, if you have an allergy to amoxicillin, never take this medicine as it can result in a very severe allergic reaction. Always inform your doctor about your allergies.
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine before the prescribed duration?
A: No, you must finish the entire course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping the medication can result in treatment failure and reoccurrence of the symptoms.
Q: How long should I take Zocef 500 tablet?
A: The dose and duration of treatment depend upon the cause of infection and response to the treatment. Do not stop taking this medicine if you feel better. Complete the full course as stopping the treatment in between can result in antibiotic resistance and infection may reoccur.
Q: Is Zocef 500 tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Zocef 500 tablet is an antibiotic medicine.
Q: What are the side effects of Zocef 500 tablet?
A: The common side effects of Zocef 500 tablet are diarrhoea, nausea, stomach pain, headache, and dizziness. These are temporary but if side effects persist or there is no improvement in your condition, inform your doctor immediately.
- Zinnat Tablets 125mg - Product Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 July 2021]
- Zinnat Tablets 125mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 July 2021]
- Cefuroxime [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 16 July 2021]
- Ba. Cefuroxime In Sterile Water Intravenous: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 16 July 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 16 July 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 18 Jul 2021 | 07:30 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved