Cetil 500mg Tablet
Cetil 500 MG Description
Cetil 500 tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of tonsils, throat, sinus, ears, respiratory tract, urinary tract and infections of the skin and soft tissue. It contains cefuroxime, which belo
ngs to the cephalosporin class of antibiotics. It works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria, which ultimately causes the death of bacteria. You should take this medicine only after consulting with your doctor and self-medication should be avoided. Do not Cetil if you are allergic to penicillins or beta-lactam antibiotics. Inform your doctor about all other medicines, over the counter products and herbal preparations you are taking before starting the treatment with the Cetil 500 tablet.
|You Save||₹151.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, headache, dizziness, stomach pain|
Uses of Cetil 500 MG
Contraindications of Cetil 500 MG
- If you are allergic to Cefuroxime or any of the other ingredients of Cetil 500.
- If you have a history of a severe allergic reaction to Penicillin, Monobactams, Carbapenems or other Beta-Lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Cetil 500 MG
- Stomach pain
- Raised liver enzyme or white blood cells
Precautions and Warnings of Cetil 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience continuous diarrhoea. Immediately stop taking it and report to the hospital.
- You experience difficulty in breathing, rashes, swelling of the face or mouth after taking this medicine.
- You develop rashes with blisters and peeling of skin after taking this tablet.
- You have kidney or liver disease; dose adjustment may be required.
- You develop white patches in your mouth after consumption of the Cetil 500 tablet.
- Cetil 500 tablet may alter the result of a few blood tests, inform your doctor or lab personnel about it.
Mode of Action of Cetil 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cetil 500 MG
- Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the Cetil 500 tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
Interactions of Cetil 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Cetil 500 tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Do not take the Cetil 500 tablet with medicines for acidity as it can reduce the antibiotic action.
- Ceftum can alter the action of contraceptive pills. If you are taking the contraceptive pill while you are being treated with this medicine, you may also need to use an additional physical contraceptive measure....
- Be cautious if you are taking Probenecid (used to treat gout) or blood thinner like Warfarin.
Storage and disposal of Cetil 500 MG
Dosage of Cetil 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Ravi Kakarla
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am allergic to Amoxicillin. Can I take Cetil 500?
Q: Can I stop taking Cetil before the prescribed duration?
Q: How long should I take the Cetil 500 tablet?
Q: Is Cetil 500 tablet an antibiotic?
Q: What are the side effects of the Cetil 500 tablet?
Q: Can I take Cetil 500 for COVID-19?
Q: Can I take Cetil 500 for the common cold and flu?
Q: When should I take Cetil 500?
Q: What is the use of Cetil 500 medicine?
- Zinnat 125 mg [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 20 February 2022]
- Zinnat Tablets 125mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 20 February 2022]
- Cefuroxime [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 20 February 2022]
- Cefuroxime In Sterile Water Intravenous: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 20 February 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 20 February 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- CETIL 250MG TABLET
- CETIL MINT FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 30ML DRY SUSPENSION
- CETIL 125MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- CETIL 125MG BOTTLE OF 50ML DRY SYRUP
- CETIL 1.5GM DRY VIAL OF 1 POWDER FOR INJECTION
- CETIL 750MG DRY VIAL OF 1 POWDER FOR INJECTION
- CETIL MINT DRY SYRUP 30 ML
- CETIL MINT FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 60ML DRY SUSPENSION
- CETIL BOTTLE OF 30ML DRY SUSPENSION