Zithrocin 500mg Tablet
Zithrocin 500 MG Description
Zithrocin Tablet contains Azithromycin as its active ingredient. It is an antibiotic. It is used to treat bacterial infection caused by various organisms at different parts of the body such as lungs,
throat, airways, urinary tract, dental. It acts by inhibiting the growth of the causative bacteria, thus killing the bacteria. Take this tablet as prescribed and for the prescribed duration. You may experience adverse effects like diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, headache. If you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately. Inform your doctor, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements your take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine.
Uses of Zithrocin 500 MG
Contraindications of Zithrocin 500 MG
- If you are allergic to Azithromycin or any other component of Zithrocin Tablet.
- If you are allergic to erythromycin, any macrolide or ketolide antibiotic.
Side effects of Zithrocin 500 MG
- Abdominal pain/discomfort
- Altered blood cell count
- Decrease appetite
- Loose stools
Precautions and Warnings of Zithrocin 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You had any allergic reactions due to medicine.
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- Your child vomiting or has irritability while feeding.
- You have heart disease such as irregular heart rate, heart failure, decreased heart rate.
- You are on any medication.
- You experience diarrhoea after taking this medicine.
- You have myasthenia gravis.
- You have a severe infection.
- You have sinusitis, tonsilitis, ear infection, wounds, skin infection.
- You get any fungal infection after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Zithrocin 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zithrocin 500 MG
- Zithrocin Tablet should be taken as a whole with a glass of water. Do not crush, chew or break this medicine.
- If you are taking any antacids, then Zithrocin Tablet should be taken at least one hour before or two hours after the dose of antacids. Take it at a fixed time to gain optimal benefit.
Interactions of Zithrocin 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Zithrocin Tablet works, or Zithrocin Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially/In particular if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
Storage and disposal of Zithrocin 500 MG
- Store at a temperature below 25°C in a cool dry place.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.