Zisper Forte Tablets
Zisper Forte Tablets Description
Zisper Forte Tablet is a fixed-dose combination tablet consisting of two medicines, Risperidone and Trihexyphenidyl. It is an antipsychotic medicine helpful in schizophrenia, manic disorder, and diss
ociative personality disorders. Risperidone is an atypical antipsychotic that reduces the effect of dopamine hormone, a chemical that elevates mood. Trihexyphenidyl belongs to a class of medications called Antimuscarinics. It relaxes the muscles and works on nerve impulses that control muscle functions. When used as a fixed-dose combination, the side effects caused by the antipsychotic treatment are reduced. Uses of Zisper Forte tablets also include their use in the reduction of symptoms similar to Parkinson's disease. In schizophrenia, people lose touch with reality. There can be restlessness, irritable mood, sleeplessness, and split-personality traits. Zisper Forte tablets reduce these symptoms by their action against dopamine and serotonin. Directions for use of Zisper Forte tablets should be strictly followed. It is a prescription medicine available as a mouth-dissolving formulation. It should be taken as prescribed by the doctor. Zisper Forte tablets should not be stopped without medical advice. Common side effects of Zisper Forte tablets include dry mouth, sleep disturbance, nausea, headaches, dizziness, and constipation.
|Contains||Risperidone(4.0 Mg) + Trihexyphenidyl / Benzhexol Hydrochloride(2.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder, Mania, Dissociative personality traits|
|Side effects||Dizziness, Dry mouth, Day time sleepiness, Weight gain, Nausea and vomiting, Headache|
Uses of Zisper Forte Tablets
- As per CDSCO, Zisper Forte tablets are used in the treatment of:
- Bipolar Disorder during manic episodes (irritable, elevated mood, and restlessness)
- Schizophrenia (suicidal thoughts, hallucinations, and delusions)
- Dissociative personality disorders
Contraindications of Zisper Forte Tablets
- Do not take Zisper Forte tablets or use caution:
- If you are allergic to any active components of Zisper Forte tablets
- If you are pregnant, planning to conceive, or lactating.
- If you are an older adult over 65; kindly consult your doctor and know the risks and benefits.
- If you have been diagnosed with high blood pressure, urinary problems, prostatic complaints, glaucoma, heart issues, kidney or liver disease.
- If you have been diagnosed with Depression
- If you have been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease
- If you have been diagnosed with Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome
- If you have been diagnosed with myasthenia gravis
- If you have suicidal tendencies
Side effects of Zisper Forte Tablets
- Side effects of Zisper Forte tablets include:
- Dry mouth
- Day-time sleepiness
- Weight gain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Difficult urination
Precautions and Warnings of Zisper Forte Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have a known allergy to any active or inactive components of this medicine.
- You have a history of allergies.
- You have any major side effects from this medicine.
- You are pregnant or planning to conceive.
- You use oral contraceptive pills.
- You take other medicines for your health conditions. Inform your doctors of your complete medical and treatment history.
Mode of Action of Zisper Forte Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zisper Forte Tablets
- Zisper Forte Tab is a mouth-dissolving tablet. Please keep your hands dry, open the pack of tablets, remove a tablet and place it on your tongue. The tablet will start dissolving in a few seconds. You can drink water after it has dissolved completely. ...
- The dose and duration should be as advised by your doctor. Do not make any changes on your own.
- Zisper Forte tablets can be taken before or after food.
Interactions of Zisper Forte Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Zisper Forte tablets, if taken with sedatives like Diazepam, Morphine, Tramadol, Chlorphenamine, can make you more sleepy.
- Anti-epileptic medicines such as phenytoin or carbamazepine can interact with Zisper Forte tablets.
- Anti-tuberculosis medicine (Rifampicin) can interact with Zisper Forte tablets.
- Beta-blockers that slow the heart rate and anti-hypertensive medicines can interact with Zisper Forte tablets.
- Medicines for Parkinson's disease like levodopa can interact with Zisper Forte tablets.
- Diuretics like furosemide or chlorothiazide can interact with Zisper Forte tablets.
Storage and disposal of Zisper Forte Tablets
Dosage of Zisper Forte Tablets
Missed a Dose
Dr. Divya Rohra
Dr. Jagruti Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., General Medicine