Zaptra 12.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Zaptra 12.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Zaptra is a prescription tablet manufactured by Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd. It is from the drug class of antidepressants and is used to treat depression. Zaptra tablets contain paroxetine (12.5 mg) an
d clonazepam (0.5 mg). Depression is a mood condition in which a person's daily activities are disrupted by feelings of melancholy, dissatisfaction, anger, hopelessness, or loss. Depression has no established cause; however, it has been linked to mental health issues, trauma, family history, drug use, and physiological diseases. Some chronic health conditions and relationships can be influenced by depression. Zaptra is a combination medication that enhances mood by raising the level of chemical messengers in the brain. It also soothes the brain by reducing nerve cell activity that is excessive or abnormal. This medicine should not be taken without the consultation of a doctor. This medicine should be taken at the same time of the day with or without food and should not be skipped, even after the resolution of the symptoms. Zaptra has a habit-forming tendency, so it should not be abused. Even if you feel better, do not stop taking it until your doctor recommends you to. Sudden stoppage can lead to serious health issues.
|You Save||₹24.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Paroxetine(12.5 Mg) + Clonazepam(0.5 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, memory impairment, low energy, sexual dissatisfaction, constipation, headache, tremors, muscular hypotonia, abnormal bleeding, Insomnia and Anorexia.|
Uses of Zaptra 12.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Zaptra 12.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Zaptra tablets or their active ingredient.
- If you consume alcohol regularly.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have suicidal tendencies.
- If you have kidney disease.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you have a respiratory disease.
- If you have sleep apnoea syndrome.
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma.
- If you have cardiovascular diseases.
- If you have bipolar disorders.
- If you have diabetes mellitus.
- If you have a history of bleeding disorders, bone fractures.
- If you have seizure disorders.
- Zaptra contraindicated in children.
Side effects of Zaptra 12.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Weak memory
- Uncoordinated body movements
- Low sexual desire and delayed ejaculation
- Dry mouth
- Muscular hypotonia
- Behavioural disturbances like aggressiveness, agitation
- Increased or decreased appetite
- Bleeding abnormalities
- Coordination disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Zaptra 12.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have to start other medications.
- You notice an allergic reaction.
- Your condition does not improve or worsen after taking the medication.
- You want to stop the medication.
- You are trying to conceive or breastfeeding the baby or on birth control pills.
- You have been taking the tablets for a long time.
- You are frequently missing doses.
- You, by mistake, overdosed.
- You notice a behavioural change or have suicidal thoughts.
- Before the doctors prescribe this medication, share your medical history, as some of the diseases can make you more susceptible to some of the side effects or can intensify the effect of side effects.
- It should not be given to children without consulting the doctors.
- This medicine should not be skipped, even after the resolution of the symptoms.
- This medicine should not be stopped abruptly. Suddenly stopping the medication can result in treatment failure or serious withdrawal symptoms, which may lead to serious health issues.
Mode of Action of Zaptra 12.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zaptra 12.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- You should take Zaptra tablets in the same dose and duration prescribed by the doctor.
- It should be swallowed as a whole with water.
- It should not be chewed or crushed. Do not break the tablet.
- You can take Zaptra tablets with or without food.
- You should take it at a fixed time daily.
- Avoid missing the dose or forgetting the dose.
- It is advisable to take combutol with an antacid that contains aluminium at least four hours before or after taking medicine.
Interactions of Zaptra 12.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors: Rasagiline, linezolid, methylene blue
- Tricyclic antidepressants: Clomipramine, nortriptyline, desipramine
- Aspirin, Anticoagulants such as Warfarin
- Phenothiazines: Perphenazine
- Increased risk of bleeding:
- Anti-psychotics: Clozapine
Interactions with food items
- Combining Zaptra tablets with alcohol is not advised, as it increases drowsiness and sedative effects. Alcohol shows additive Central Nervous System (CNS) depressant effects.