Xecute O Tablet
By CORONA LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Xecute O Tab contains a combination of Cefixime and Ofloxacin which belongs to a class of cephalosporin and fluoroquinolone antibiotics, respectively.
|You Save||₹27.14 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Cefixime(200.0 Mg),Ofloxacin(200.0 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefixime(200.0 Mg) + Ofloxacin(200.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Xecute O Tablet
Uses of Xecute O Tablet
It is used for the treatment of typhoid fever and urinary tract infections.
Contraindications of Xecute O Tablet
- If you are allergic to Cefixime, Ofloxacin, Cephalosporins like Cefuroxime, Fluoroquinolones like Ciprofloxacin or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have a history of fits or any brain related disorders
- If you have a history of tendon disorder
- This medicine should not be given to children or growing adolescents as it may interfere with their growth
- If you have a family history of red blood cell disorder (defects in glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase activity)
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Side effects of Xecute O Tablet
- Allergic reactions involving joint pain, rashes, swelling of face, difficulty in breathing and other skin problems
- Bleeding and formation of fluid bumps around lips, mouth, nose and genitals
- Stomach problems like nausea, vomiting, loose stools, stomach pain
- Headache, dizziness, abnormal sensation in ears, sleep disturbances
- Cold, runny nose and sneezing
- Irritation in eyes and blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Xecute O Tablet
Can I take Xecute O Tab during pregnancy?
- It is unsafe to take this medicine in pregnancy
- Do not take Xecute O Tab if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby
- If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor
Can I take Xecute O Tab while breastfeeding?
It is advisable not to breastfeed when you are taking this medicine as a component of this medicine passes into breast milk and can be harmful for your baby's joint growth
Can I drive if I have consumed Xecute O Tab?
This medicine may make you feel confused, stiff, less alert and can cause unusual muscle movements. Thus, it is advisable not to drive until you know how this medicine affects your body.
Can I consume alcohol with Xecute O Tab?
It is advisable to avoid consumption of alcohol during the treatment as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience allergic reactions including serious skin allergies in different body parts (fluid-filled blisters, bumps, rashes and skin degradation)
- You have diarrhoea, cramps, pain and fever after taking this medicine
- You have a kidney problem and you are on dialysis
- You have blood disorders like anaemia and inherited blood disorder (G6PD deficiency)
- You have problems related to liver and kidney and you are taking medicine to prevent blood clotting
- You have a history of tendonitis (inflammation of tissue which connects muscles to bone) after taking antibiotics or myasthenia gravis
- You are experiencing fits, difficulty in movement, confusion, other mental disorders (Psychosis)
- You are experiencing pain, a pins-and-needles sensation, numbness and weakness in various body parts
- You experience suicidal thoughts
- You are experiencing irregular heartbeats, low potassium levels or have had heart disease
- You are a diabetic taking medicines, then caution is needed as this medicine can cause low blood sugar. Close monitoring of blood glucose may be needed
- You are experiencing vision disturbances
Mode of Action of Xecute O Tablet
How Does It Work?
This combination works by causing the death of the infection-causing bacteria.
Directions for Use of Xecute O Tablet
- It should be taken as a whole with sufficient amount of water with or without food
- Complete the course of the medicine as prescribed by your doctor
Interactions of Xecute O Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine should be taken at least two hours before taking acidity medicines, any preparations containing zinc and iron and certain anti-HIV drugs like Didanosine
- Risk of getting fits increase if you are taking medicine to treat asthma-like theophylline, to reduce inflammation (Ibuprofen)
- Should be used with caution if you are taking medicines which can alter your heart rhythm like Quinidine, Hydroquinidine, Disopyramide, antidepressants like Clomipramine, Amitriptyline, antibiotics like Erythromycin, Clarithromycin and Azithromycin...
- You may experience low blood sugar if you are taking any medicine for diabetes like Glibenclamide
- This medicine interferes with the working of blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin
- You may experience tendon rupture if you are taking any medicines used to treat inflammation and pain (corticosteroids) like betamethasone, prednisone
Storage and disposal of Xecute O Tablet
- Store this medicine below 25°C in a cool and dry place
- Protect it from catching moisture
- Keep the medicine out of reach of children
Dosage of Xecute O Tablet
- Symptoms of overdose include confusion, dizziness, altered consciousness, fits, irregular heartbeat, nausea, confusion
- In the case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit your nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
- It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of therapy
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
- You need to complete the full course of medicine, as per your doctor's prescribed duration
- You may feel fine after a few doses but it is important to complete the course
- If you stop it early, there may be chances of infection reoccuring or not responding to this antibiotic in the future
Q: Any specific caution is needed when taking Xecute O Tab?
A: When on treatment, be careful and do not unnecessarily expose yourself to the sunrays. It can result in sunburns and rashes. Ensure even after stopping the treatment, you are not exposed to too much sun for the next 48 hours.