Wysolone Dt 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Wysolone Dt 10 MG Description
Wysolone Dt 10 tablet is a steroid containing prednisolone. It is used for the treatment of various health conditions, including allergies, inflammation and rheumatic disorders affecting various organs such as bones, joints, skin, kidneys, lungs, etc.
Wysolone-Dt 10 is also used for the treatment of certain infections (with appropriate chemotherapy), preventing organ rejection during transplants and for a certain type of cancer. Omnacortil 10mg tablet also includes prednisolone.
Prednisolone in Wysolone Dt 10 works by modifying your immune response and reducing allergy and inflammation. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor. Do not stop taking tab Wysolone Dt 10 on your own without consulting your doctor.
Take it at the prescribed dose and at the prescribed time to gain optimal benefit. You should never stop taking this medicine on your own even if you start feeling better or else it can lead to side effects.
You should not take any live vaccine while taking this medicine as it can reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine. Also, it is important to inform your doctor about all ongoing medicines and your detailed medical history.
Uses of Wysolone Dt 10 MG
- For the treatment of allergies, inflammation and rheumatic disorders associated with various organs.
- For the treatment of a certain type of cancer and infections (with appropriate chemotherapy).
- To prevent organ rejection during organ transplant procedures.
Contraindications of Wysolone Dt 10 MG
- If you are allergic to prednisolone or steroids or any other ingredients of Wysolone Dt 10 tablet.
- If you have any serious infection and you are not taking any anti-infective treatment for that.
- You should not take a certain vaccine (live vaccine), especially if you are immunocompromised.
- If you are suffering from a viral infection of the eye (herpes infection).
Side effects of Wysolone Dt 10 MG
- Weight gain
- Mood swings
- Impaired wound healing
- Growth retardation
Precautions and Warnings of Wysolone Dt 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience any skin allergies and a rise in blood sugar levels or you are diabetic.
- You experience mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems including suicidal thoughts.
- You experience visual disturbances and eye infections. Upon long-term use, there is a probability that you may develop a cataract.
- You are elderly, you have a heart problem, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases.
- It can impair the fertility of an individual, be very cautious.
- You have a history of muscle weakness due to steroid therapy or have a condition called myasthenia gravis.
- This medicine makes you more prone to infections, in case you already have an infection like fungal infection or you have measles or chickenpox, you are taking medicines to suppress immune response discuss your condition with the doctor. ...
- This medicine may cause inflammation and swelling in different parts of your gut like the stomach, pancreas and can also cause ulcers.
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard growth.
Directions for Use of Wysolone Dt 10 MG
- Take Wysolone Dt 10 tablet as instructed by your doctor.
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Storage and disposal of Wysolone Dt 10 MG
- Store Wysolone Dt 10 tablet below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it in its original packaging to protect it from catching moisture.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Quick Tips of Wysolone Dt 10 MG
- Wysolone DT 10 tablet is a corticosteroid medicine used in the treatment of various diseases involving inflammation. It should not be used for treating any other condition unless specified by the doctor....
- Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended. Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
- Wysolone DT 10 tablet should be used in the lowest dose and for the shortest duration possible.
- Before starting Wysolone Dt 10 tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding. Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history....
- Inform your doctor if you or your family had or have any mental problems or if you experience any such effects after taking this medicine.
- During treatment with Wysolone Dt 10 tablet, avoid contacting anyone who has chickenpox, measles or shingles if you have not had these diseases in the past. If exposed, talk to your doctor immediately....
- Avoid eating liquorice while taking this medicine.
- If you use contraceptive coils (intra-uterine device) for birth control, Wysolone Dt 10 tablet may reduce its effectiveness. Talk to your doctor for further advice.
- If you feel dizzy or tired after taking this medicine, it is recommended to avoid driving, operating heavy machinery or performing any such activities that require mental alertness.
Dosage of Wysolone Dt 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Wysolone Dt 10 MG
How Does It Work?
- Wysolone Dt 10 tablet contains prednisolone which is a man-made steroid. Steroids are hormones produced in the human body naturally that play an important role in maintaining normal physiological function and well-being of the human body....
- This medicine mimics the action of naturally produced steroids. It works by suppressing the immune response in allergies, inflammation, autoimmune diseases and during organ transplantation.
Interactions of Wysolone Dt 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should not take any live vaccine while taking Wysolone Dt 10 tablet as it can reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine.
- Antacids and certain antibiotics such as rifamycin and erythromycin can reduce the effectiveness of this medicine.
- You may require a higher dose of this medicine if you are taking medicines to treat fits like phenobarbital, phenytoin, etc.
- If you are taking antifungal medicines like amphotericin and ketoconazole, oral contraceptive medicines, antibiotics like troleandomycin and erythromycin, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, methotrexate you are more likely to experience side effects of either of the medicine. ...
- There is an increased risk of stomach bleeding if you are taking painkillers or aspirin along with this medicine.
- You should be cautious if you are taking any anti-diabetic medicine like insulin, medicines to stop blood clotting, water pill, medicine for hyperactive thyroids such as carbimazole and thiamazole and medicines for heart failure like digoxin....
- Somatropin, a growth hormone if taken along can inhibit its growth in an individual.
- Other medicines to treat asthma, like salbutamol may lead to an increase in potassium levels in the blood and you may experience irregular heartbeats.
- Any other medicine, supplement or herbals, if you are taking or might take, should be discussed with your doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare provider before taking Wysolone Dt 10 tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Wysolone DT tablet if I feel better?
Q: Can taking Wysolone Dt 10 tablet lead to hair loss?
Q: Can I start taking a Wysolone tablet on my own without consulting a doctor?
Q: Is Wysolone tablet safe for children?
Q: Can Wysolone be taken on an empty stomach?
Q: What are the side effects of Wysolone tablet?
Q: Is Wysolone a strong steroid?
Q: When should Wysolone be taken?
Q: Is Wysolone a painkiller?
Q: Who should avoid Wysolone?
- Prednisolone 1mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- Prednisolone 1mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- Prednisolone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- What Are the Health Risks of Mixing Steroids and Alcohol? [Internet]. American Addiction Centers. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]