Vilazine 40mg Tablet
Vilazine 40 MG Description
Vilazine is a prescription medication. It is used in the management of depression. The active component of Vilazine is Vilazodone (40mg). Depression is a condition characterised by a pervasive low m
ood. Patients present with complaints like feeling low, decreased motivation, feelings of hopelessness and dread, and loss of interest in daily activities, which can be debilitating. Multiple brain pathways and chemical messengers are indicated in depression, chiefly serotonin, norepinephrine and dopamine. Antidepressant medications target these pathways and neurotransmitters to help relieve the symptoms of depression. The medication should be taken as recommended by the doctor. It should not be abruptly started or stopped, as it may cause withdrawal effects. Taking the tablet at the same time every day is advisable for maximum efficacy.
|You Save||₹52.95 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Management of Depression|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, Nausea, Vomiting, Dry Mouth, Dizziness, Insomnia|
Uses of Vilazine 40 MG
- Management of Major Depressive Disorder
Contraindications of Vilazine 40 MG
- It is contraindicated in patients with Vilazodone hypersensitivity or known allergies to any components in this medication.
- Vilazodone should not be used to treat children and adolescents < 18 years of age.
- It can cause suicidal ideation and behaviour in children, adolescents, and young adults <24 years.
- This medication should not be used in patients with a history of psychiatric conditions such as mania, bipolar disorder, or family history of mania.
- It should be used with caution in patients with a known history of seizures (fits).
Side effects of Vilazine 40 MG
- Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- Dry Mouth
- This medication can also cause decreased sodium levels (hyponatremia). This can result in headache, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, irritability, cramps, and convulsions.
Precautions and Warnings of Vilazine 40 MG
Other General Warnings
- If you are on any other medications. This tablet interacts with many other medications that use the same metabolic enzymes.
- If you experience any mood changes or suicidal ideation.
Mode of Action of Vilazine 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Vilazine 40 MG
- This medication should be taken as prescribed by the treating physician.
- It is recommended to take this medication on a regular schedule, i.e., at the same time every day, for optimal pharmacological effects of this medication.
- This medication is recommended to be taken with food.
- Swallow this medication as a whole. Do not crush, chew or break this tablet.
- It is recommended to finish the entire course of this medication as prescribed by your treating doctor.
- Abrupt stoppage of the drug can cause withdrawal side effects. Consult your doctor before stopping this medication.
- Driving/ use of heavy machinery is not advised while using this medication.
- If you worsen your symptoms such as persistent low mood, increased anxieties, worsening of obsessive behaviour, suicidal ideation, consult your doctor immediately.
Interactions of Vilazine 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- This drug should not be used concomitantly or within two weeks of use of Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) like Selegiline, Rasagiline etc., as it may cause serotonin syndrome, which is potentially life-threatening....
- This medicine with thioridazine, pimozide, or monoamine oxidase inhibitors, including linezolid or methylene blue, is also contraindicated.
- Patients who are taking other medications that increase serotonin levels should receive education regarding the risks. These include tramadol, linezolid, sumatriptan, buspirone, etc.
- It should not be mixed with medications that cause the arrest of bleeding, such as aspirin, NSAIDs, heparin, warfarin, and other anticoagulants or other medicines that cause decreased platelet activity. This may lead to bruising, nose bleeds, or internal bleeding....
- Inform your doctor regarding your current medications at the time of prescription of Vilazine.
Storage and disposal of Vilazine 40 MG
Dosage of Vilazine 40 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Bhavika Shah
MBBS, MD (Dermatology), DNB (Dermatology)