Venlite Od 50mg Tab
By LINUX LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Venlite Od 50 mg tablet is a prescription medicine used primarily for the treatment of major depressive disorder and anxiety disorder. Both are types of mood disorders. Managing the symptoms associated with these disorders and improving quality of life are the main uses of Venlite Od 50 mg tablets. Venlite Od 50 mg tablet comprises a single active ingredient: desvenlafaxine. It is an antidepressant medicine. The mode of action of Venlite Od 50 mg tablets is by increasing certain chemical messengers in the nervous system, which help manage the symptoms of depression and elevate the mood. Venlite Od 50 mg tablets can cause behavioural changes and increase suicidal thoughts. The medicine also causes physical and psychological dependency if used long-term. So, it is essential to follow the directions for use of Venlite Od 50 mg tablets and only use them for a short duration. Abrupt stoppage of this medicine is not advised as this can cause withdrawal symptoms....
|You Save||₹23.94 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Major depressive disorder|
|Side effects||Dizziness, Nausea, Vomiting, Anorexia, Drowsiness, Blurred vision, Headache, Fatigue, Balance problems, Slight tremor, Anxiety, Confusion, Agitation, Sleep disturbances|
Check more medicines with composition as Desvenlafaxine(50.0 Mg)
Uses of Venlite Od 50 MG
- As per CDSCO, Venlite Od 50 mg tablets are used for the treatment of:
- Major depressive disorder (improves mood and behaviour)
- Anxiety disorder (causes calming effect)
Contraindications of Venlite Od 50 MG
- Do not take Venlite Od 50 mg tablets or take with caution:
- If you have any allergic reactions to the components of this medicine.
- If you are already taking other antidepressant medications like monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs).
- If you have uncontrolled high blood pressure.
- If you have any bleeding disorders associated with medicine use.
- If you have a condition known as SIADH (Syndrome of Inappropriate Antidiuretic Hormone Secretion); Venlite Od 50 mg tablets can cause low sodium levels in the body.
- If you have kidney or heart conditions; the dose of this medicine should be carefully monitored.
- If you have seizures; the dose of this medicine should be carefully monitored.
- If you have sudden mood changes or suicidal thoughts after starting treatment with Venlite Od 50 mg tablets.
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma (an eye condition that increases fluid pressure inside the eye); this medicine can worsen your condition.
- If you have a history of substance or alcohol abuse.
- If you are pregnant or planning to conceive.
- If you have any respiratory or lung conditions; this medicine causes excess secretions causing breathing problems.
- If you are under 18.
Side effects of Venlite Od 50 MG
- Side effects of Venlite Od 50 mg tablets:
- Dilated pupils
- Inability to stay still
- Decreased appetite
- Sexual dysfunction
- Suicidal thoughts
Precautions and Warnings of Venlite Od 50 MG
Can I take Venlite Od 50 mg tablets during pregnancy?
No. Venlite Od 50 mg tablets can be unsafe during pregnancy. This medicine may cause difficulty breathing, low muscle tone, and poor circulation in the baby. A few studies have shown a definite risk to the developing foetus. Consult a doctor
Can I take the Venlite Od 50 mg tablets while breastfeeding?
This medicine is considered unsafe for nursing mothers. There is limited data on the effects of this medication on breastfed babies. Studies suggest that Venlite Od 50 mg tablets pass into breast milk. Consult a doctor.
Can I drive if I have taken a Venlite Od 50 mg tablet?
No. Do not drive after taking Venlite Od 50 mg tablets. It can cause excessive drowsiness, lightheadedness, and blurred vision that can affect your ability to drive or operate heavy machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Venlite Od 50 mg tablets?
No. Never consume alcohol with Venlite Od 50 mg tablets. Alcohol can interfere with the effectiveness of this medicine and result in increased side effects. This combination also aggravates the effects of alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are an older adult over 65. Venlite Od 50 mg tablets can cause exaggerated side effects due to slow metabolism.
- You have abruptly stopped using your Venlite Od 50 mg tablet prescription and are experiencing withdrawal symptoms such as stuffy nose, profuse sweating, vomiting, nausea, etc. The dosage of this medicine needs to be slowly tapered....
- You need to do something that needs steady focus. This medicine can cause difficulties with concentration.
- You have a history of high blood pressure, kidney, or liver conditions.
- You planned for a surgery or a dental procedure.
- You are experiencing any changes in your sexual desire.
- You use any Ayurvedic or herbal medicines like St John's wort. These medicines can interact with Venlite Od 50 mg tablets and cause serious side effects.
Mode of Action of Venlite Od 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Venlite Od 50 mg tablet contains desvenlafaxine as its active ingredient. Desvenlafaxine is classified as a Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRIs), a type of antidepressant medication. It works by intercepting specific receptors and reducing the reuptake of chemical messengers: serotonin and noradrenaline. These chemicals are responsible for balancing mood. This medicine raises their levels and activity in the body....
Directions for Use of Venlite Od 50 MG
- Take Venlite Od 50 mg tablets exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not increase the dose, even if you cannot notice any difference.
- You can take Venlite Od 50 mg tablets with or without food.
- Take the tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not break or chew the tablet.
- Do not take Venlite Od 50 mg tablets with other medicines without informing your doctor.
- Do not use the medicine if its packaging is broken.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Venlite Od 50 mg tablets as this can cause adverse effects.
Interactions of Venlite Od 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not use other sedatives or antidepressant medicines like monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) if you use this medicine. Combining them can cause severe reactions. Inform your doctor if you have used these medicines in the last 14 days....
- Taking medicines that increase serotonin, like St John's wort or antidepressants, with Venlite Od 50 mg tablets can cause serotonin toxicity leading to life-threatening adverse effects.
- Do not take Venlite Od 50 mg tablets if you use opioid pain relievers, cough medicine, sleeping pills, or antihistamines (allergy medicine) like cetirizine; their combination can cause excessive drowsiness....
- If you are taking any antibiotics, antifungals, HIV medicine, etc., inform your doctor; the dose of Venlite Od 50 mg tablets may need adjustment.
- Taking blood thinners like warfarin, aspirin, and antiplatelet medicines with Venlite Od 50 mg tablets can increase the risk of bleeding or bruising.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid drinking excessive amounts of coffee and restrict caffeine products. Depression disrupts sleep, and caffeine, a stimulant, can worsen the problem.
Storage and disposal of Venlite Od 50 MG
Store the Venlite Od 50 mg tablets in a dry place, away from direct sunlight and humidity. Keep the tablets away from children and pets. Dispose of this tablet's packaging carefully after use. Throw away Venlite Od 50 mg tablets if its package has been opened. Do not use it if the expiration date has passed....
Dosage of Venlite Od 50 MG
Venlite Od 50 mg tablets overdose can cause dizziness, nausea, vomiting, anorexia, drowsiness, slight tremor, anxiety, changes in blood pressure, confusion, agitation, and sleep disturbances. Large overdoses can also cause mental status changes, changes in heart rate, seizures, and coma. If you overdose on Venlite Od 50 mg tablets and experience any of these symptoms, seek emergency medical treatment....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a single dose of Venlite Od 50 mg tablet, take it as soon as possible. If it's already time to take the next dose, skip the missed one and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Never take a double dose. If you have missed more than a few doses, consult your doctor....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop using Venlite Od 50 mg tablets once I start feeling better?
A: No. Do not suddenly stop using Venlite Od 50 mg tablets. This can cause side effects. Consult your doctor first so that the dose can be slowly tapered.
Q: Can I take a Venlite Od 50 mg tablet if I have a fever?
A: Venlite Od 50 mg tablets can interfere with antibiotics. Please consult your doctor if you are taking any medicines for your fever.
Q: For how long should I take Venlite Od 50 mg tablets to see its effects?
A: There is no clear answer on the amount of medicine or time it takes for Venlite Od 50 mg tablets to show its effects. This is not clinically established and varies from person to person. Do not make any changes to the dose on your own if you do not notice any difference. Consult your doctor.
- Naseeruddin R. Desvenlafaxine [Internet]. StatPearls [Internet]. US National Library of Medicine. 2021 [cited 27 Feb 2022]
- 12-Week Study of Pristiq (Desvenlafaxine) Social Anxiety Disorder: Full Text View [Internet]. clinicaltrials.gov. [cited 27 Feb 2022]
- Liebowitz MR, Tourian KA. Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of Desvenlafaxine 50 mg/D for the Treatment of Major Depressive Disorder: A Systematic Review of Clinical Trials [Internet]. Primary care Companion to the Journal of Clinical psychiatry. Physicians Postgraduate Press, Inc., 2010 [cited 27 Feb 2022]
- New Drugs Approved by CDSCO [Internet]. cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 Feb 2022] -
- Desvenlafaxine vs. Placebo Treatment of Chronic Depression: Full Text View [Internet]. clinicaltrials.gov. [cited 27 Feb 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.