Vasonit Od 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Vasonit Od 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Vasonit Od 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets contains Isosorbide mononitrate as its active ingredient. It belongs to a class of medicines called 'coronary vasodilators'. It is used for the prevention of ches
t pain or angina due to reduced blood supply to the heart, for the treatment of Coronary heart disease (a heart condition where there is reduced blood and oxygen supply to the heart). Other uses of this medicine include pulmonary hypertension (raised blood pressure in the blood vessels of the lungs) and as a followup treatment after a heart attack. Before taking this tablet you should tell your doctor if you are allergic to this medicine, similar medicines or medicines containing nitroglycerin. Take this medicine regularly along with making certain lifestyle modifications for better heart health.
|You Save||₹4.20 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Isosorbide Mononitrate(30.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Prevent angina attacks, Treat coronary heart diseases|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, fatigue|
Uses of Vasonit Od 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- For the prevention of angina attacks.
- For the treatment of coronary heart diseases.
- As a followup treatment post-heart attack.
- For the treatment of pulmonary hypertension.
Contraindications of Vasonit Od 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Side effects of Vasonit Od 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Lack of energy
- Low blood pressure
- Rapid heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Vasonit Od 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have low blood pressure or conditions that can lead to reduced blood pressure such as shock, thyroid disorder, anaemia, increased pressure inside the brain or more susceptible to faint upon reduced blood flow....
- Your thyroid gland is not working properly and producing less thyroid hormones.
- You are weak and malnourished, have kidney or liver disorder.
- You have very low body temperature or poor blood circulation.
- This medicine is not helpful in controlling sudden angina attacks or episodes of angina once it has begun.
Mode of Action of Vasonit Od 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Vasonit Od 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
- You should take this at the same time for effective results.
Interactions of Vasonit Od 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of medicines used for erectile dysfunction such as Sildenafil, Alprostadil with Vasonit Od 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets can increase vasodilation and lower the blood pressure. This can sometimes result in life-threatening conditions like a heart attack....
- Medicines used to lower blood pressure such as beta-blockers (atenolol, propranolol), calcium channel blockers (nifedipine, diltiazem), vasodilators (glycerol trinitrate, methyldopa), angiotensin receptor blockers (olmesartan medoxomil, candesartan cilexetil) can result in a significant reduction in blood pressure....
- Certain medicines used for the treatment of mood disorders, psychosis and migraine should be used cautiously and the patient should be watched for the symptoms of hypotension.
- Any other medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take should be informed to your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Vasonit Od 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Vasonit Od 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets below 30°C in its original container.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Vasonit Od 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Vasonit Od 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets be cut in half?
Q: What is the composition of Vasonit Od 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets ?
Q: How does Vasonit Od 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets work?
- EMC. Isosorbide Mononitrate Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- AstraZeneca. Imdur Tablets. PI - [Internet]. Astrazeneca.com. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- CDSCO. Isosorbide Mononitrate [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]