Uripro 0.2mg Capsule
Uripro 0.2 MG Description
Uripro Capsule is used for the treatment of symptoms of an enlarged prostate in males, it is also called benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). It helps in relieving the symptoms such as frequent urinati
on, pain while urinating, difficulty in passing urine, etc in BPH. It contains tamsulosin as its active ingredient which belongs to the class of medicines called an alpha-adrenergic blocker. It works by relaxing the smooth muscles of the bladder. Take this medicine as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken after food. Complete the entire course of this medication and do not stop taking it on your own. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical and medications history. Uripro Capsule is not recommended for use in children and adolescents.
Uses of Uripro 0.2 MG
Contraindications of Uripro 0.2 MG
- If you are allergic to tamsulosin or any of the other ingredients of Uripro Capsule.
- If you have problems with your liver.
- If you suddenly feel dizzy or light-headed when you sit up or stand up due to low blood pressure.
Side effects of Uripro 0.2 MG
- Dizziness (sitting or standing up from lying position)
- Difficulties in ejaculation
Precautions and Warnings of Uripro 0.2 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You are scheduled to have eye surgery for cataracts or glaucoma. As the use of this medicine may increase the risk of eye complications during and after the surgery.
- You have ever fainted or felt dizzy when suddenly sitting or standing up.
- In men, ejaculation disorders and ejaculation failure have been observed with this medicine.
- Uripro Capsule is not recommended for use in patients below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Uripro 0.2 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Uripro 0.2 MG
- Uripro Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- It should be taken after a meal, it should be preferably taken at the same time every day for best results.
Interactions of Uripro 0.2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Uripro Capsule may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or any vaccination scheduled....
- You may experience low blood pressure effects like dizziness and lightheadedness when Uripro Capsule is taken together with blood pressure medicines like Verapamil and Diltiazem.
- Anti-fungal medicines like Ketoconazole or certain antibiotics like erythromycin, antacids like cimetidine or anti-HIV medicines may increase the removal of tamsulosin from the body, so should be used with caution....
- Warfarin (used to prevent blood clotting) can speed up the removal of tamsulosin from your body and thus decrease the effectiveness of tamsulosin.
- Other medicines like Furosemide, Paroxetine, Doxazosin, Indoramin and Prazosin should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Uripro 0.2 MG
- Store Uripro Capsule in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Uripro 0.2 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will I get or experience any sexual problems during therapy with Uripro Capsule?
Q: How long should I take Uripro Capsule?
Q: Can Uripro Capsule be used in children?
Q: Does Uripro Capsule cause constipation?
Q: Does Uripro Capsule affect the prostate size?
Q: Uripro Capsule
Q: How do you take Uripro?
Q: Is Uripro an antibiotic?
Q: What is Uripro used for?
- Contiflo XL 400 micrograms prolonged release capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Contiflo XL 400 micrograms prolonged release capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]