Urifur Sr 100mg Tablet
Urifur Sr 100 MG Description
Urifur Sr Tablet is an antibiotic, used to treat and prevent uncomplicated urinary tract infections, caused by infection-causing bacteria. Urinary tract infection is a common infection that happens w
hen microbes enter the urethra, it is characterised by burning sensation or pain while urinating. Urifur Sr Tablet consists of nitrofurantoin as its active ingredient. It works by killing the bacteria that cause infection.You should always complete the course of treatment, as incomplete treatment may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
- Nifuruti 100mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 79.00₹ 55.30₹
- Urinif Sr 100mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Overseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 184.50₹ 156.82₹
- Rezfuran 100mg Tablets 14'sBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd14 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 175.69₹ 149.34₹
- Surantoin 100mg Sr Tablets 10'sBy Septalyst Lifesciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 79.62₹ 79.62₹
- Uritop Sr 100mg TabletBy Astrum Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 89.90₹ 89.90₹
- Nitrobest 100mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 89.31₹ 75.91₹
- Utichek Sr 100mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 73.00₹ 73.00₹
- Nifutin 100mg TabletBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 152.30₹ 129.45₹
- Niftas 100mg TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 147.00₹ 124.95₹
- Nifnext Sr 100mg TabletBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 89.91₹ 77.32₹
Uses of Urifur Sr 100 MG
Contraindications of Urifur Sr 100 MG
- If you are allergic to nitrofurantoin or any other ingredient of Urifur Sr Tablet.
- If you have any liver or kidney-related problems including jaundice.
- If you suffer from a blood-related disorder called acute porphyria.
- If you are pregnant or may be pregnant.
- This medicine should not be used in children.
Side effects of Urifur Sr 100 MG
- Stomach pain
- Flatulence (gas)
Precautions and Warnings of Urifur Sr 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any respiratory system, kidney, liver-related problems.
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking the Urifur Sr.
- You suffer from anaemia, diabetes or vitamin B deficiency or electrolyte imbalance.
- You develop any brain, kidney or liver-related problem after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Urifur Sr 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Urifur Sr 100 MG
- Urifur Sr Tablets should be taken as advised by your doctor
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, or milk. Take this medicine with food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
Interactions of Urifur Sr 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interact with the Urifur Sr Tablet or this Tablet itself can affect the way other medicines works.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements and herbals you are currently taking.
- Especially, if you are taking antacids, water pills and antigout medicines such as probenecid and sulfinpyrazone.
Storage and disposal of Urifur Sr 100 MG
- Store the Urifur Sr Tablets in a cool and dry. Protect it from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it out of the sight of children and pets.
- Discard off the unused and expired medicine appropriately. Do not flush the medicine into the sink.
Dosage of Urifur Sr 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Urifur Sr Tablets be taken on an empty stomach?
Q: Can I stop taking the Urifur Sr Tablet if I feel I am recovering?
- CDSCO | Nitrofurantoin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Nitrofurantoin 100 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Macrobid ® Capsules [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Suffering from a urinary tract infection? [Internet]. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Nitrofurantoin 100 mg Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]