Unistar 20/150mg Capsule
Unistar 20/150mg Capsule Description
Unistar Capsule is a combination medicine and is used to prevent or reduce the risk of having a heart attack or stroke and it also helps to lower your blood cholesterol levels. It contains acetylsali
ylic acid and rosuvastatin as its main components. Unistar should be taken as directed by your doctor. Do not miss any dose or discontinue this medicine without consulting your doctor. Avoid smoking and consuming alcohol while on treatment with this medicine. You should exercise regularly and should be conscious of your diet. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Unistar Capsule
|You Save||₹18.91 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Rosuvastatin(20.0 Mg) + Aspirin / Acetyl Salicylic Acid(150.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Prevent the risk of having a heart attack or stroke, lowers blood cholesterol levels|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, sleepiness, nausea|
|Therapy||ANTI-PLATELET AND HYPOLIPIDEMIC DRUGS|
- Rosycap Asp 20/150mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Akumentis Healthcare Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 91.00₹ 77.3527% CHEAPER₹ 7.74/Capsule
- Jupiros-a 20/150 Mg Capsule 10By Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 106.00₹ 90.1015% CHEAPER₹ 9.01/Capsule
- Rosedeep Plus Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Deepkamal Health Services Private Limited10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 235.00₹ 199.75₹ 19.98/Capsule
- Rosloy Asp 20/150mg Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Lloyd Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 186.90₹ 158.861% CHEAPER₹ 10.59/Capsule
- Rozucor Asp 20/150mg Capsule 10'sBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 118.75₹ 100.945% CHEAPER₹ 10.09/Capsule
Uses of Unistar 20/150mg Capsule
Contraindications of Unistar 20/150mg Capsule
- If you have any allergic reaction to Acetylsalicylic Acid or Rosuvastatin or any of the components of Unistar Capsule.
- If you have kidney or liver problems.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have any muscle pain.
- If you are suffering from any bleeding disorders or blood clotting problems.
- If you have thyroid problems or gout.
- If you consume alcohol regularly.
- If you have a history of ulcer in the stomach or small intestine.
- If you are taking cyclosporine (used in or rheumatoid arthritis or after organ transplants) or methotrexate (used in cancer treatment).
- If you’ve had an asthmatic attack or any serious allergic reaction like itching, swelling, difficulty in breathing or swallowing, etc.
- Unistar Capsule is not recommended for use in children who have viral infections because of the risk of Reye’s syndrome.
Side effects of Unistar 20/150mg Capsule
- Stomach pain
- Body or muscle pain
- Increased risk of bleeding
Precautions and Warnings of Unistar 20/150mg Capsule
Other General Warnings
- You have any unusual bleeding.
- You are above the age of 70 years.
- You regularly consume too much alcohol.
- You have stomach or small intestine problems.
- You are suffering from gout or any thyroid problems.
- You have diabetes or are at risk of developing diabetes.
- You are undergoing surgery or had a surgery recently.
- You have problems with your heart, kidney or liver problems.
- You have glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency.
- You have muscle aches or pains or family history of muscle problems.
- You are taking medicines to lower cholesterol like gemfibrozil, fenofibrate.
- You are suffering from asthma or any lung disease, then this medicine can worsen your asthma.
- You experience heavy menstrual bleeding, do not take this medicine as it can increase the bleeding.
- You are on or have taken a medicine- fusidic acid to treat your bacterial infections in the last 7 days.
- Unistar Capsule should not be used in children below the age of 16 years unless there are more benefits than risk.
Mode of Action of Unistar 20/150mg Capsule
How Does It Work?
- Unistar Capsule works by the combined action of Acetylsalicylic Acid and Rosuvastatin.
- Acetylsalicylic Acid works by stopping the platelets from forming a clot so that the blood can flow easily and without any obstruction.
- Rosuvastatin works by inhibiting or blocking an enzyme which is needed in the body to make cholesterol, reducing the bad cholesterol and increasing the good cholesterol in the blood.
Directions for Use of Unistar 20/150mg Capsule
Interactions of Unistar 20/150mg Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Unistar Capsule works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Unistar Capsule must not be used along with methotrexate (used in cancer treatment) as it may be harmful when used simultaneously.
- Do not take this capsule with fusidic acid (a medicine for bacterial infection), as concomitant treatment can lead to serious muscle problems.
- You may be at an increased risk of having muscle damage or serious side effects if taken with cyclosporine, gemfibrozil, fenofibrate, tacrolimus, ezetimibe. Thus, you need to be cautious.
- Concomitant use of this capsule along with medicine like probenecid (used to treat gout) is not recommended as it may alter the effects of probenecid.
- Blood thinners like warfarin, heparin and medicines used to treat pain and inflammation like aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Medicines used to treat acidity in your stomach like antacids should not be taken at least within 2 hours of taking this capsule.
- Metamizole (pain killer) interferes with the way this capsule works. Hence, concomitant use should be avoided.
- You need to be cautious while using this capsule with oral contraceptive or while being on hormone replacement therapy.
- Other medicines like lithium, digoxin, ritonavir, erythromycin, potassium supplements (amiloride, spironolactone) should be used cautiously along with Unistar Capsule.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Unistar 20/150mg Capsule
- Store Unistar Capsules in a cool and dry place, protect it from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Unistar 20/150mg Capsule
- Overdose of Unistar Capsule may cause symptoms like ringing in the ears, dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, sweating, fever.
- Seek urgent medical help if you experience any such symptoms or feel you have taken too much of Unistar Capsule.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How to take Unistar Capsule?
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Unistar Capsule?
Q: What dietary restrictions should I follow while taking Unistar Capsule?
- Rosulip ASP Capsules [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- Aspirin 75mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- Aspirin 75mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- Crestor 10 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- Crestor 10 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- CDSCO - Aspirin + Rosuvastatin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]