Tymidin 400mg Tablet
Tymidin 400 MG Description
Tymidin Tablet is a medicine used for production of acid in stomach. It is used for the treatment of ulcer in the stomach and intestine. It is used to relieve heartburn, acidity and to treat gastroes
ophageal reflux disease (GERD). Tymidin Tablet contains cimetidine as its active component. Take as prescribed by the doctor. Along with taking medicine on time making certain lifestyle modifications helps you to manage the acidity problem better. Try eating smaller meals, eat slowly, avoid overeating and lying down immediately after having a meal, limit alcohol intake, avoid smoking and maintain a healthy weight, consult the doctor to understand what works for you best.
Uses of Tymidin 400 MG
- Tymidin Tablet is used for the treatment of heartburn, stomach and intestinal ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- GERD is a condition in which acid from the stomach comes up to the food pipe causing heartburn and irritation.
Contraindications of Tymidin 400 MG
Side effects of Tymidin 400 MG
- Skin rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Tymidin 400 MG
Other General Warnings
- You may suffer from cancer in the stomach.
- You may have a kidney-related problem, a dose adjustment may be required.
- You are taking painkillers and while receiving the medicines for ulcer, especially the elderly should be observed regularly.
- You are supposed to take the medicine for a prolonged duration.
Mode of Action of Tymidin 400 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tymidin 400 MG
- Tymidin Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor. Take with a glass of water.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and avoid consuming it more than prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Tymidin 400 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Tymidin Tablet works, or the medicine itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor of medicines, supplements, or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction. Also, you should inform the doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- If you are taking blood thinners, antifungals, pain killers or medicines to treat your heart problems, mental health problems, diabetes, cancer, HIV infection, fits.
Storage and disposal of Tymidin 400 MG
- Store Tymidin Tablet below 25°C at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Tymidin 400 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is acid reflux?
Q: Is Tymidin Tablet an antibiotic?
Q: What are the side effects of Tymidin Tablet?
- Cimetidine Tablet - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 31 May 2021]
- Cimetidine Tablet - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 31 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Cimetidine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 31 May 2021]
- How Are Ulcers Formed from Drinking Alcohol? [Internet]. American Addiction Centers. 2021 [cited 31 May 2021]