Tycol 500mg Cap
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tycol Capsule is an antibiotic used for the treatment of severe bacterial infection and typhoid fever where other anti-infectives are ineffective. It contains chloramphenicol as an active ingredient.
It stops the growth of bacteria, thus preventing the spread of infection. Tycol Capsule should not be used in children below 18 years of age. Pregnant or breastfeeding women should avoid. Tycol Capsule should not be used to treat viral infection. Take the medicine at the prescribed dose for the prescribed duration to gain optimal benefits. You may experience nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, dizziness after taking the medicine. If these symptoms worsen, inform the doctor or visit a nearby hospital or clinic immediately. Tycol Capsule is used for the treatment of severe bacterial infection and typhoid fever when other antimicrobials are ineffective....
Uses of Tycol 500mg Cap
Tycol Capsule is used for the treatment of severe bacterial infection and typhoid fever when other antimicrobials are ineffective.
Contraindications of Tycol 500mg Cap
- If you are allergic to chloramphenicol or other component of Tycol Capsule.
- If you have or had a blood disorder such as porphyria.
- If you have been vaccinated recently.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are taking medicines that result in bone marrow suppression.
Side effects of Tycol 500mg Cap
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea
- Dizziness, drowsiness
- Stomach pain and/or bloating
- Fatigue, dehydration, swelling
- Blood in stool
- Inflamed or swollen tongue
- Blurred vision, hearing loss
Precautions and Warnings of Tycol 500mg Cap
Can I take Tycol Capsule during pregnancy?
Tycol Capsule crosses the placenta and may cause harm to the unborn baby or lead to a threatened pregnancy. Avoid taking Tycol Capsule if you are pregnant. Consult the doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
Can I take Tycol Capsule while breastfeeding?
Tycol Capsule passes into the breastmilk and may cause harm to the newborn baby. It may lead to Grey baby syndrome, where the skin of the baby appears grey, weak, and also life-threatening. Consult the doctor if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tycol Capsule?
Tycol Capsule does not affect the ability to drive. However, if you experience side effect which alters driving ability, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Tycol Capsule?
It is usually unsafe to consume alcohol while taking Tycol Capsule or other antibiotics. It may lead to serious consequences. Talk to the doctor if you consume it too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- You are on other medications.
- You are giving it to the elderly.
- Tycol Capsule should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Tycol 500mg Cap
How Does It Work?
Chloramphenicol in Tycol Capsule prevents the formation of proteins necessary to perform vital functions. Thus, it stops the growth of bacteria and prevents infection.
Directions for Use of Tycol 500mg Cap
Tycol Capsule should be taken as directed by the doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. It is best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and avoid consuming more than prescribed
by the doctor....
Interactions of Tycol 500mg Cap
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines may affect the way Tycol Capsule works, or the medicine itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals the child is currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Taking medicine with Tycol Capsule may alter the effect of either medicine or cause serious consequences, hence should be used with caution.
- Paracetamol for pain and fever, antibiotics for infections such as co-trimoxazole, penicillin or rifampicin type.
- Blood thinners like warfarin, dicoumarin must be used with caution.
- Antidiabetics such as gliclazide, tolbutamide, immunosuppressive medicine such as cyclosporine, tacrolimus.
- Medicines that suppress bone marrow such as carbamazepine, penicillamine, sulphonamides, phenylbutazone, antipsychotic medicines such as clozapine, flupenthixol, fluphenazine, procainamide.
- Medicine used to treat seizure or fits such as carbamazepine, phenytoin and phenobarbital.
- Hormonal pills such as estrogen, medicines used to treat hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid) such as carbimazole, propylthiouracil.
- Antiretroviral medicines used to treat HIV infection such as zidovudine, hydroxocobalamin as a form of vitamin B12 used to treat B12 deficiency, a medicine used to treat cancer such as cisplatin, daunorubicin....Read more
Storage and disposal of Tycol 500mg Cap
- Store Tycol Capsule at a temperature below 25°C at a cool dry place.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Tycol 500mg Cap
If you experience symptoms or think you have taken too much of Tycol Capsule, contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed the dose of Tycol Capsule take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does Tycol Capsule take to work?
A: Tycol Capsule starts showing activity soon after you take it. However, it may take some days to kill the harmful bacteria.
Q: Is Tycol Capsule used to relieve pain?
A: No, Tycol Capsule is not a pain killer. It only treats bacterial infections and provides relief from symptoms of infection.
Q: Can I stop taking Tycol Capsule when I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking Tycol Capsule. Complete the entire course of treatment even if you start feeling better, else you may experience treatment failure and the increased risk of recurrence of the infection.
Q: Can the use of Tycol Capsule cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, the use of Tycol Capsule may cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect, but not everyone gets them. It is an antibiotic that kills both good and bad bacteria, when good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed it may cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to the doctor about it.
Q: Can Tycol Capsule be used to treat typhoid?
A: Yes, Tycol Capsule may be used to treat typhoid when other antibiotics are ineffective.
Q: What if my condition does not improve after taking Tycol Capsule?
A: Talk to the doctor if your condition does not improve, even after taking Tycol Capsule. He might suggest other alternatives.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 04 Jun 2021 | 04:41 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved