Triplent 10mg Tablet
Triplent 10 MG Description
Triplent 10 mg contains Amitriptyline that belongs to a class of tricyclic antidepressants. It is used to manage depression and other ailments like migraines and nerve pain. It improves mood by raisi
ng certain chemical compounds in the brain. It also inhibits pain signals from being transmitted to the brain. Tricyclic antidepressants are also used to manage several other disorders, such as obsessive-compulsive disorder and bedwetting.
|You Save||₹3.04 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Bed-wetting in children above sixto years of age (Only if organic factors including spina bifida and other associated diseases are present), Chronic tension-type headache, Depression, Neuropathic pain, and Migraine prophylaxis|
|Side effects||Abnormal liver functioning, Aggression, Agitation, Breast growth in males, Confusion, Congested nose, Constipation, Disturbed coordination, Dizziness, Drowsiness/sleepiness, Dry mouth, Excessive sweating, Excessive thirst, Fatigue, Headache, Taste changes, Urination disorders, and Weight gain|
Uses of Triplent 10 MG
- Bed-wetting in children above six years of age.
- This medicine should not be used if organic factors including spina bifida and other associated diseases are present.
- Chronic tension-type headache
- Neuropathic pain
- Migraine prophylaxis
Contraindications of Triplent 10 MG
Side effects of Triplent 10 MG
- Common side effects:
- Dilated pupils
- Disturbed coordination
- Dry mouth
- Excessive sweating
- Excessive thirst
- Sexual disturbances
- Slow or slurred speech
- Taste changes
- Weight gain
- Rare symptoms:
- Abnormal liver function
- Acute glaucoma
- Black tongue
Precautions and Warnings of Triplent 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- In certain situations, Triplent 10 mg causes dependency. While taking it, check with the doctor.
- Before undergoing surgery, consult your physician about the medications you're taking, including prescription and herbal medications.
- This medication has the potential to impact your blood sugar levels. This medication can either elevate or lower your blood sugar levels.
- The anticholinergic adverse effects of this medication are particularly noticeable in older people. They should be given a low dose, to begin with.
Mode of Action of Triplent 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Triplent 10 MG
- Triplent 10 mg is to be administered orally.
- Do not crush, chew, or break the tablet.
- Triplent 10 mg tablets should not be stopped or skipped without consulting your physician.
- Take no more than the recommended amount.
- Triplent 10 mg can be taken without or with food.
- For use in bedwetting, Triplent 10 mg should be consumed 1.5 hours before bed.
Interactions of Triplent 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Triplent 10 mg should be avoided with
- Calcium-channel blockers
- Valproic acid
Interactions with food items
- Certain foods may interact with Triplent 10 mg tablet. Alcohol should be avoided.
Storage and disposal of Triplent 10 MG
Dosage of Triplent 10 MG
- If you suspect any overdosing, call your physician immediately. Changes in heart rate, persistent drowsiness, vomiting, fainting, and convulsions are signs of an overdose. If the condition worsens, medical assistance may be essential immediately....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Triplent 10 mg affect my sexual life?
Q: Should I undergo a lab test while using Triplent 10 mg?
- The physician may require several investigations before you can start taking Triplent 10 mg tablet. Your physician may recommend an electrocardiogram screening. Before beginning treatment with this prescription, the test may be required to avoid an abnormal heartbeat, often known as a cardiac rhythm abnormality....