Tomifen 20mg Tablet
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tomifen Tablet contains tamoxifen as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of breast cancer. It helps reduce the risk of developing breast cancer in pre & postmenopausal women. This medicine should be taken as instructed by your doctor. The dose and frequency will be decided by your doctor. Swallow it with a glass of water, with or without water. Never miss any dose or consume it more than what is recommended. Tomifen Tablet is not recommended for use in children and adolescents. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
5 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Tomifen 20mg Tablet
Uses of Tomifen 20 MG
- Tomifen Tablet is used to treat breast cancer.
- It also helps in reducing the risk of developing breast cancer in pre & postmenopausal women who are at high risk of developing it.
Contraindications of Tomifen 20 MG
- If you are allergic to tamoxifen or any other ingredients of Tomifen Tablet.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- If you are being treated for infertility.
- If you or your family members have a history of blood clots.
- If you are on any medications to prevent blood clots like blood thinners (warfarin).
- If you are taking anastrozole to treat breast cancer.
Side effects of Tomifen 20 MG
- Hot flushes (Sudden feeling of warmth)
- Fluid retention
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Tomifen 20 MG
Can I take the Tomifen Tablet during pregnancy?
- Tomifen Tablets must not be used during pregnancy, as it may be unsafe.
- You must take proper birth control measures (condom, diaphragm or coil) while on treatment and for at least 2 months after discontinuing the treatment.
- It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take the Tomifen Tablet while breastfeeding?
- Tomifen Tablet is not recommended while breastfeeding as it is unknown if Tamoxifen passes into the breastmilk.
- Thus, your doctor will decide whether to discontinue the medicine or breastfeed.
- It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Tomifen Tablet?
Tomifen Tablets may make you feel light-headed or dizzy and tired. Thus, you should either be cautious or avoid driving while on treatment with this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with the Tomifen Tablets?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Tomifen Tablets. However, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are at risk of developing blood clots.
- You are to undergo an operation.
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You are pregnant or are planning a pregnancy.
- Before starting the treatment, your doctor may evaluate the risk of you developing breast cancer.
- Tomifen Tablet is not recommended for patients below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Tomifen 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Tamoxifen in Tomifen Tablet works by reducing the level of a natural female hormone known as oestrogen that is produced in the body. Eventually, stopping the growth of the cancer cells, which depend on oestrogen for their growth....
Directions for Use of Tomifen 20 MG
- Tomifen Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Tomifen 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Tomifen Tablets may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of Tomifen Tablet along with medicines like anastrozole, letrozole, exemestane (used to treat breast cancer) and blood thinners like warfarin should be used with caution as it may alter its effects....
- Medicines like rifampicin (antibiotic), Paroxetine, Fluoxetine, Bupropion (used to treat your mental health), Quinidine (used in heart problems), should be used with caution along with Tomifen Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Tomifen 20 MG
Store the Tomifen Tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Tomifen 20 MG
Seek urgent medical attention in case you have consumed too much of Tomifen Tablet.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed taking any dose of the Tomifen Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of the Tomifen Tablet?
A: Tomifen Tablet is used to treat breast cancer. It also helps in reducing the risk of developing breast cancer in pre & postmenopausal women who are at high risk of developing it.
Q: How to take Tomifen Tablet?
A: Tomifen Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Q: Can Tomifen Tablets be used in children?
A: No, Tomifen Tablets should not be used in children and adolescents as there is limited safety information available.
- Tamoxifen 20mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Tamoxifen 20mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.