Tolpidol D Tablet
Tolpidol D Tablet Description
Tolpidol D Tablet is a skeletal muscle relaxant which acts centrally on the spinal cord and also has painkiller properties. It contains Tolperisone and Diclofenac as the active ingredient. Tolpidol D
Tablet used to relieve acute (sudden) muscle spasms and related pain. It works by improving the blood flow towards skeletal muscles and reduces pain. It should not be used for children below 18 years of age and nursing mothers. Side effects like nausea, vomiting, indigestion, bloating are associated with Tolpidol D Tablet. In case you experience any severe side effects or any discomfort while using this medication, it is important to consult the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
|Diclofenac(50.0 Mg) + Tolperisone(150.0 Mg)
Uses of Tolpidol D Tablet
Contraindications of Tolpidol D Tablet
- If you are allergic to Tolperisone, Diclofenac or any other ingredient of Tolpidol D Tablet.
- If you are suffering from myasthenia gravis, an autoimmune disease characterized by muscle weakness.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother.
- If you have active stomach or intestinal bleeding, ulcer, perforations or peptic ulcers.
- If you have a history of stomach or intestinal bleeding or perforations.
- If you have any heart conditions such as heart failure.
- If you have kidney or liver diseases.
Side effects of Tolpidol D Tablet
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, indigestion, abdominal pain, flatulence
- Dizziness, headache
- Dryness of the mouth
- Itching, rash
- Muscle pain, muscle weakness
- Increased liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Tolpidol D Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have a stomach or intestinal ulcer.
- You experience an allergic reaction after taking Tolpidol D Tablet.
- You are on or taking any other medicines.
- You have severe kidney or liver disease.
- You have any heart disease or condition.
- You have any blood disorder or pre-existing asthma.
- Tolpidol D Tablet should not be used for children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Tolpidol D Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Tolperisone acts on the spinal cord and by blocking the exchange of sodium and calcium ions within the cells, thereby relaxing the muscle.
- Decreased blood supply to various small blood vessels due to muscle contraction can cause trauma to the blood vessels leading to the release of a chemical substance responsible to cause pain. However, Tolperisone works by increasing the blood supply to skeletal muscles....
- Diclofenac inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins, which are responsible for causing pain, swelling and inflammation thus offers anti-inflammatory property.
Directions for Use of Tolpidol D Tablet
Interactions of Tolpidol D Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- When Tolpidol D Tablet is used along with another muscle relaxant medicine such as Methocarbamol can cause visual disturbances.
- Concurrent use of other painkillers such as niflumic acid and other NSAIDs increases the effect of Tolpidol D Tablet.
- Tolpidol D Tablet increases the effect of lithium (anti-anxiety medicine) and digoxin (heart failure medicine) when used concomitantly.
- Tolpidol D Tablet might decrease the effectiveness of medicine used to lower blood pressure such as furosemide, enalapril and it can even lead to kidney damage.
- Medicine known to retain potassium level in the blood such as spironolactone, ciclosporin, tacrolimus or trimethoprim should be used with caution and monitored.
- Medicine used as a blood thinner such as warfarin should be used with caution as it can cause an increased risk of bleeding when used along with Tolpidol D Tablet.
- Taking any other medicines containing Diclofenac or NSAIDs and citalopram, sertraline (mood enhancer) increases the risk of stomach or intestinal bleeding.
- Immunosuppressive medicine such as methotrexate, cyclosporine and tacrolimus effect increases and can cause kidney damage when used along with Tolpidol D Tablet.
- Antimicrobials medicine like ciprofloxacin, lomefloxacin should be used with caution as it can cause fits.
- The phenytoin level should be monitored when taking it along with Tolpidol D Tablet.
- Cholestyramine (lipid-lowering medicine) decreases the effect of Tolpidol D Tablet when used along.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Tolpidol D Tablet
- Store at a temperature below 30°C in a cool dry place.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Tolpidol D Tablet
- Excess of Tolpidol D Tablet can cause symptoms such as headache, nausea, vomiting, chest pain, stomach or intestinal bleeding, diarrhoea, dizziness, excitation, coma, drowsiness, fainting or convulsions....
- However, if you have taken too much of Tolpidol D Tablet then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.