Thrombophob Oint 20gm
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
20g Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Thrombophob Ointment is used to treat superficial thrombophlebitis (inflammation of a vein related to a blood clot), inflammation of a tendon and its sheath, and other superficial bruises. Thrombophob Ointment contains Heparin and Benzyl Nicotinate as the active components. It works by widening the blood vessels and preventing blood clot formation, thus increasing the blood flow to the affected area. Thrombophob Ointment is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects. However, they normally fade away with time. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen. Before using it, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Thrombophob Oint 20gm
Thrombophob Ointment is used to treat a vein's inflammation related to a blood clot just below the skin surface, inflammation of a tendon and its sheath, and other superficial bruises.
Contraindications of Thrombophob Oint 20gm
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any specific ingredient of Thrombophob ointment.
- If you are allergic to parabens
- If you have any blood disorders
- If you have open, bleeding or oozing wounds
- Do not use Thrombophob Ointment on the mucous membranes or near the eyes, on skin lesions of unknown origin or infected skin
Side effects of Thrombophob Oint 20gm
Reactions like itching, irritation, redness, burning, etc. on the site of application.
Precautions and Warnings of Thrombophob Oint 20gm
Can I apply Thrombophob Ointment during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the use of Thrombophob Ointment during human pregnancy. Hence, you should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or plan to have a child before starting to apply this ointment.
Can I apply Thrombophob Ointment while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available on the use of Thrombophob Ointment by a breastfeeding woman. However, caution should be exercised while using this ointment. You should avoid using it on breast or areas near the breast or any large body area for a prolonged duration.
Can I drive if I have applied Thrombophob Ointment?
There is limited information about the effects of Thrombophob Ointment on driving. However, it may not affect the driving ability or ability to handle machinery as it is a topical preparation. Still, if you do not feel well or cannot be alert, you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied Thrombophob Ointment?
There is no direct interaction between alcohol and Thrombophob Ointment. However, it is always better to avoid consuming alcohol when you are prescribed with this ointment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with liver or kidney
- You are going to have a surgery
- You are pregnant or planning to have a baby
- You are breastfeeding
- You experience a severe burning sensation or skin irritation
- Thrombophob ointment should not be applied on open, bleeding or oozing wounds
- Avoid direct sunlight exposure after applying this ointment
- This medicine should be used as directed by your doctor
- Do not smoke or go near naked flames
- Do not discontinue the treatment with Thrombophob ointment without consulting the doctor
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucus membranes. Wash your hands properly after using it. If it comes in contact with your eyes, wash thoroughly and visit the doctor or a hospital immediately.
Mode of Action of Thrombophob Oint 20gm
How Does It Work?
Heparin is an anticoagulant that works by preventing certain cofactors (thrombin and fibrin) from working correctly and blocking the process. Therefore, heparin ultimately helps to reduce blood clots formation in your body. Benzyl Nicotinate is a vasodilator and enhances local heparin absorption. Hence, the healing process is substantially improved, and pain is rapidly reduced.
Directions for Use of Thrombophob Oint 20gm
- Use Thrombophob Ointment as directed by your doctor and read the instructions on the label carefully before usage.
- It is meant for external use only
- Apply a thin layer on healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds. Do not rub or massage.
- Wash your hands before and after using this ointment unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this ointment rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Thrombophob Oint 20gm
Interactions with other medicines
Since Thrombophob Ointment is for external use only. It is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you take other medicines to treat other health conditions.
Storage and disposal of Thrombophob Oint 20gm
- Store Thrombophob Ointment below 25°C in the original container in a clean and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep the ointment away from children and pets.
- Do not use this ointment once the expiry date has passed.
- You need to discard Thrombophob ointment after 28 days from first opening the tube.
- Do not use this ointment if you notice that the pack is damaged, or it shows signs of tampering.
- Discard any unused ointment properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Thrombophob Oint 20gm
As Thrombophob Ointment is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied extra quantities, wipe out the excess ointment with a clean tissue or cotton. Prolonged use of this ointment in large areas can cause bleeding complications.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying Thrombophob ointment as directed by the doctor, apply it as soon as you remember. Do not overapply this ointment to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Thrombophob Ointment?
A: Thrombophob Ointment is useful in treating a vein's inflammation related to a blood clot just below the skin surface, inflammation of a tendon and its sheath, other superficial bruises, etc.
Q: Can I use expired Thrombophob Ointment?
A: No, you should not use Thrombophob ointment or any medicine after the expiry date has passed. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Q: How to use Thrombophob Ointment?
A: You should use Thrombophob Ointment as directed by the doctor. Read the instructions on the label carefully before using it. Clean and dry the affected area properly. Apply a thin layer on the affected skin that is free from cuts and wounds. Do not rub or massage. Wash your hands thoroughly unless your hands are the area to be treated.
Q: Is Thrombophob Ointment safe in pregnancy?
A: You should consult a doctor before using Thrombophob Ointment during pregnancy as there is limited information available on its safety.
Q: Can I stop using Thrombophob Ointment on my own?
A: No, you should never stop using Thrombophob Ointment until advised by the doctor, even if you feel good as it may lead to treatment failure.
Last Updated on: 03 Mar 2021 | 11:18 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved