Thrombophob Oint 20gm
Thrombophob ointment is a topical medicine. It is used to reduce swelling, pain and local bruising. This ointment is also helpful to treat superficial clots in thrombophlebitis (inflammation of a vein related to a blood clot) and superficial bruising. Thrombophob contains a combination of heparin and benzyl nicotinate as their active components.
Thrombophlebitis is an inflammatory process in which a blood clot forms and blocks one or more veins, usually in the legs. The affected vein might be near the surface of the skin or deep within a muscle. Bruise forms when a blow breaks blood vessels near your skin's surface, allowing a small amount of blood to leak into the tissues under your skin. This may cause a bruise. Thrombotas and Thrombomark are a few more ointments that also include heparin and benzyl nicotinate.
This ointment widens the blood vessels and prevents blood clot formation. It also increases the blood flow to the affected area. Thrombophob ointment is used for external application and must be applied as recommended by the doctor.
Uses of THROMBOPHOB OINT 20GM
Contraindications of THROMBOPHOB OINT 20GM
- If you are allergic to heparin, benzyl nicotinate or other ingredients of Thrombophob ointment.
- If you are allergic to parabens.
- If you have blood disorders, open, bleeding or oozing wounds.
- If you are applying on the mucous membranes or near the eyes, on skin lesions of unknown origin or infected skin.
Side effects of THROMBOPHOB OINT 20GM
Precautions and Warnings of THROMBOPHOB OINT 20GM
Other General Warnings
- You have problems related to the liver or kidney.
- You have a planned surgery.
- You are pregnant or planning for a baby, are breastfeeding.
- You experience a burning sensation or skin irritation.
- Avoid sunlight exposure after applying the ointment
- Avoid smoking or going near flames.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucus membranes and wash the hands after using it. If it comes in contact with the eyes, wash it and visit the doctor or a hospital.
- Thrombophob ointment must not be applied on open, bleeding or oozing wounds.
Directions for Use of THROMBOPHOB OINT 20GM
- Use Thrombophob ointment as directed by your doctor and read the instructions on the label carefully before usage.
- Apply a thin layer on healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds. Do not rub or massage.
- Wash your hands before and after using this ointment unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this ointment rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Storage and disposal of THROMBOPHOB OINT 20GM
- Store Thrombophob ointment below 25°C in the original container in a clean and dry place.
- Keep the ointment away from children and pets.
- Do not use this ointment once the expiry date has passed.
Quick Tips of THROMBOPHOB OINT 20GM
- Thrombophob ointment reduces swelling, pain and local bruising. It is also helpful to treat superficial clots in thrombophlebitis (inflammation of a vein related to a blood clot) and superficial bruising....
- The mucous membranes, the area around the eyes, lesions on the skin of unknown origin, or diseased skin should not be treated with Thrombophob gel.
- Alcohol does not directly interact with Thrombophob ointment. However, it is usually preferable to refrain from consuming alcohol when using this gel.
- Regarding the usage of Thrombophob ointment in infants or children, there is no information available. Before giving your child any medication, you must first seek the counsel of a paediatrician.
Dosage of THROMBOPHOB OINT 20GM
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of THROMBOPHOB OINT 20GM
How Does It Work?
- Heparin is an anticoagulant that works by preventing certain cofactors (thrombin and fibrin) from working correctly and blocking the process. Therefore, heparin ultimately helps to reduce blood clots formation in your body....
- Benzyl Nicotinate is a vasodilator and enhances local heparin absorption. Hence, the healing process is substantially improved, and pain is rapidly reduced.