Texanis Mf Tablets
By NEISS LABS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Texanis Mf Tablets Description
Texanis Tablet is a combination of two medicines, tranexamic acid and mefenamic acid. This medicine helps in relieving pain, cramps in the lower abdomen before & during menses and reduce heavy bleedi
ng during menses. Tranexamic acid is an antifibrinolytic (promotes clotting and stops the breakdown of a clot) medicine while mefenamic acid is an anti-inflammatory medicine. Take this medicine only when prescribed by your doctor. You should not take Texanis if you have any blood clotting disorder, history of heavy bleeding or recent bypass surgery. Do not take this medicine during pregnancy especially the last trimester.
|You Save||₹29.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Mefenamic Acid + Tranexamic|
|Uses||Menstural pain and cramps, heavy menstural bleeding|
|Side effects||Diarrhea, headache, backache, nausea, dry mouth|
Check more medicines with composition as Mefenamic Acid + Tranexamic
Uses of Texanis Mf Tablets
Texanis Tablet is used for the treatment of menstrual cramps and pain due to heavy bleeding during menses.
Contraindications of Texanis Mf Tablets
- If you are allergic to mefenamic acid, tranexamic acid or any of the ingredients of Texanis Tablet.
- If you have a history of stomach or intestinal bleeding due to painkillers.
- If you have or have ever had a blood clot in your blood vessels (thrombosis).
- If you have a liver, kidney or heart function problem or any kind of health condition.
- If you have a bleeding disorder.
- If you recently had a bypass surgery of the heart.
- If you have a history of convulsions or inflammatory bowel disease.
- This medicine should not be taken in the last trimester of pregnancy.
Side effects of Texanis Mf Tablets
- Back pain
- Muscle pain
- Ringing in the ears
Precautions and Warnings of Texanis Mf Tablets
Can I take Texanis Tablet during pregnancy?
It is not safe to take Texanis Tablet during pregnancy as it can lead to malformations in the growing foetus. It can also delay labour and increase the risk of bleeding in the mother and foetus.
Can I take Texanis Tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of Texanis Tablet can pass into the breastmilk and may cause harm to the newborn baby. It is advised not to breastfeed during the treatment with Texanis Tablet.
Can I drive if I have consumed Texanis Tablet?
You may experience dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue and visual disturbances after taking Texanis Tablet. So, be cautious while driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Texanis Tablet?
Alcohol consumption during the treatment can be an added risk for ulcers and gastrointestinal bleeding. Try to avoid alcohol intake along with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any medical history especially of bleeding in the brain (subarachnoid haemorrhage) and a history of blood clots (such as in the legs, lung, brain or eye).
- You are suffering from certain heart diseases (irregular heartbeat, heart valve problems) and blood clotting disorders.
- You have a kidney function problem or you are passing blood in the urine.
- You have epilepsy, seizures (fits) or respiratory disorders such as asthma.
- You experience visual disturbances after taking this medicine, discontinue the treatment immediately.
- You should not take Texanis Tablet if you have an irregular menstrual bleeding pattern.
- You are an elderly person, there is an increased risk of side effects such as ulcers and bleeding.
- You are taking oral contraceptives, be cautious as there is a risk of thrombosis.
- Texanis Tablets can impair your fertility. Thus, you should not take this medicine if you are trying to conceive or taking treatment of fertility.
Mode of Action of Texanis Mf Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Texanis Tablet works by the combined action of its two components Tranexamic acid and Mefenamic acid.
- Tranexamic acid works by improving the blood clotting by preventing or slowing down the process of break down of blood clots called fibrinolysis.
- Mefenamic acid helps in relieving the sensation of pain by inhibiting the formation of inflammatory mediators such as prostaglandin which is responsible for pain and swelling.
Directions for Use of Texanis Mf Tablets
- Texanis Tablet should be taken orally with or after food with plenty of water.
- Take this medicine as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Texanis Mf Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Pause 500 Tablet may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how Pause Tablet works if taken at the same time. Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions....
- In particular, if you are taking medicnes like blood thinners (like warfarin, heparin), antidiabetic medicines, heart-related medicines, anti-hypertensive medicines, antibiotics like gentamicin, chloramphenicol, anti-HIV medicines, etc....
- The effect of Pause 500 will be reduced if taken along with blood thinners (like warfarin, heparin) which are medicines that inhibit clot formations.
- An additive effect may be seen if the patient is taking medications that increase blood clot formation (like aprotinin).
- Oral contraceptive pills, when taken with Texanis, may promote blood clot formation which can be harmful, leading to blockage of blood vessels by abnormal clot formation. Inform your doctor if you are taking birth control pills....
Storage and disposal of Texanis Mf Tablets
- Store this medicine below 25°C.
- Store it in a cool and dry place and try to keep it in the original container.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Texanis Mf Tablets
The symptoms of an overdose of Texanis Tablet include nausea, vomiting, fall in blood pressure, dizziness, headache, fits or convulsions, rarely, diarrhoea, etc. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Texanis Tablet be taken during periods?
A: Yes, Texanis is meant to reduce cramps and pain before and during periods as well as to control excessive bleeding during periods. However, Pause Tablet is taken when prescribed by your doctor or gynaecologists. Do not self-medicate this medicine without consulting a doctor.
Q: When does the bleeding stop after taking Texanis Tablet?
A: Texanis Tablet does not stop bleeding but reduces the heavy menstrual flow by improving the blood clot. It usually starts showing its effects within 1-2 hours.
Q: Can Texanis Tablet cause acidity?
A: Yes, Texanis Tablet may cause acidity, hence you should always take it with food and with antacids. It reduces the chance of stomach discomfort.
Q: Is Texanis Tablet safe?
A: Yes, Texanis Tablet is safe if you take it at the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. If you stop taking this Tablet once you start feeling good, the chance of bleeding might increase.
Q: Can I take Texanis every month?
A: Usually, you can take Texanis as per the need. It is usually prescribed for a short duration. Take it for as long as the doctor has told you to take it. Do not exceed the prescribed duration.
Q: How long does Texanis take to work?
A: Texanis usually starts working within 1-2 hours of its oral intake. However, it can vary among individuals depending on their physiology and other biological parameters.
Q: When do you use Texanis?
A: Texanis Tablet is used for the treatment of menstrual cramps and pain due to heavy bleeding during menses.
Q: What is the composition of Texanis?
A: The composition of Texanis consists of a combination of two medicines, tranexamic acid and mefenamic acid.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed