Texanis Injection 5ml
By NEISS LABS PVT LTD
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Texanis 500 MG Description
Texanis Injection contains tranexamic acid as an active ingredient. Tranexamic acid is used to stop bleeding in diseases or conditions that lead to excessive bleeding from the body. Avoid using this
medicine if you are allergic to it, have any kidney or blood diseases, history of fits. Texanis Injection will be given to you under the skin as an injection in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding, and about all the medicines, and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
|You Save||₹5.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Tranexamic Acid(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting|
Check more medicines with composition as Tranexamic Acid(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Texanis 500 MG
- Texanis Injection is used to reduce excessive bleeding in menses (during periods).
- To treat abnormal blood loss during or after a surgical procedure.
- To reduce bleeding from the nose known as epistaxis.
- To control internal bleeding in the body due to abnormal blood clotting mechanism.
- During and following tooth extractions in patients suffering from a bleeding disorder named haemophilia.
Contraindications of Texanis 500 MG
- If you are allergic to Tranexamic acid or any other ingredients of Texanis Injection.
- If you have kidney disease.
- If you have a history of convulsions or fits.
- If you have blood disorders known to increase blood clotting tendency.
- If you are currently having an episode or a history of different diseases arising because of clot formation in the body called thromboembolic diseases. E.g. Heart attack or paralysis due to clot in blood vessels in the brain, blood clots in vessels of the lower limbs, etc....
Side effects of Texanis 500 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Texanis 500 MG
Can I take Texanis Injection during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using this medicine as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will only prescribe you Texanis Injection if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Texanis Injection while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into human milk in a small amount. If a breastfeeding mother requires tranexamic acid, it is not a reason to discontinue breastfeeding. However, close monitoring and medical supervision of the breastfed infant is recommended until more data regarding safety becomes available. It is advisable to consult a doctor before initiating the medication during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Texanis Injection?
Texanis Injection does not directly affect alertness levels. However, one should watch out for signs of blurring of vision or loss of colour vision, which may appear as a side effect of this medication. Hence, regular eye check-ups are recommended in patients taking long-term treatment with tranexamic acid.
Can I consume alcohol with Texanis Injection?
There is no data regarding interactions between Texanis Injection and alcohol. However, this does not rule out the possibility of interaction and it is better to avoid alcohol consumption.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from kidney disease.
- You are passing blood in the urine.
- You are taking oral contraceptive pills.
- You have a history of blood clots in blood vessels or with a family history of the same.
- You are suffering from excessive menstrual bleeding or irregular periods.
- If you experience visual disturbances, you should stop the medications and consult your doctor immediately.
- You may require regular eye checks if you are consuming this medicine for a long time on a doctor's prescription.
Mode of Action of Texanis 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Blood clotting is a complex process and involves various enzymes in different steps. Tranexamic acid is a structural analogue of an amino acid lysine which is important for the blood clotting process. Tranexamic acid helps in arresting bleeding by binding to certain receptors where lysine binds, inhibiting the enzymes that break down these clots. Hence, it helps to stop excessive bleeding....
Directions for Use of Texanis 500 MG
The injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic. Do not self inject, follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Texanis 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
- The effect of Texanis Injection will be reduced if taken along with blood thinners (like warfarin, heparin) which are medicines that inhibit clot formations.
- An additive effect may be seen if the patient is taking medications that increase blood clot formation (like aprotinin).
- Oral contraceptive pills, when taken with this medicine, may promote blood clot formation which can be harmful, leading to blockage of blood vessels by abnormal clot formation. Inform your doctor if you are taking birth control pills....
Storage and disposal of Texanis 500 MG
- Store Texanis Injection in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Texanis 500 MG
Texanis Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse thus chances of overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomfort or specific symptoms like dizziness, headache, low blood pressure or fits, inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of this injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare set up. However, if you have missed taking any dose of this injection inform your doctor or nurse immediately...
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Texanis Injection help me to get relief from stomach pain during menses?
A: Stomach pain during menses is induced as the uterus contracts strongly giving rise to uterine cramps. Menses result from the shedding of the inner uterine lining that leads to the formation of various chemical mediators. These mediators induce abdominal cramps. This medicine does not inhibit the action of these mediators and hence as such does not have a direct pain killer effect. This medicine is used to control bleeding. However, as the bleeding subsides, the pain slowly reduces.
Q: Can Texanis Injection be used to control post-menopausal bleeding?
A: Post-menopausal bleeding is never considered normal. There is always an underlying disorder that leads to post-menopausal bleeding. It is important first to diagnose the disorder and treat it for the same. Post-menopausal bleeding should never be ignored and a gynaecologist should be immediately consulted.
Q: What is the action of Texanis Injection?
A: Blood clotting is a complex process and involves various enzymes in different steps. Tranexamic acid is a structural analogue of an amino acid lysine which is important for the blood clotting process. Tranexamic acid helps in arresting bleeding by binding to certain receptors where lysine binds, inhibiting the enzymes that break down these clots. Hence, it helps to stop excessive bleeding.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed