Terapress 5mg Tablet
Terapress 5 MG Description
Terapress Tablet is antihypertensive medicine. It is used to treat high blood pressure and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Terapress conatins terazosin as active ingredient. It works by loering t
he blood pressure and relaxing the blood pressure as well as muscles around prostate and bladder. Take Terapress as advised by yuor doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Uses of Terapress 5 MG
- Terapress Tablet is used to treat hypertension.
- It is also used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
Contraindications of Terapress 5 MG
- If you are allergic to terazosin or any other ingredient of Terapress Tablet.
- If you have a history of fainting during or immediately after urinating. (mituration syncope).
Side effects of Terapress 5 MG
- Low blood pressure
- Back pain
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Terapress 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience decrease in blood pressure or loss of balance while standing up from a sleeping or siting position.
- You have kidney or liver disease.
- You have any heart condition.
- You are on any erectile dysfucntion medicine.
- You have small pupil syndrome.
- You are an elderly.
Mode of Action of Terapress 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Terapress 5 MG
- Take Terapress Tablet as a whole with sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly at a fixed time and as directed by your doctor. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Terapress 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Terapress Tablet works orTerapress itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements orherbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure or medicine for erectile dysfunction.
Storage and disposal of Terapress 5 MG
- Store below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sun light and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Terapress 5 MG
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of antihypertensives may lead to high blood pressure and other heart related complications.
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop Terapress Tablet on my own?
Q: What are the complications if my high blood pressure is not under control?
- Terazosin 5 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 June 2022]
- Terazosin 5 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 17 June 2022]