Telsar H 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Telsar H 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets Description
Telsar H 40mg Tab 15`S contains a combination of Telmisartan and Hydrochlorothiazide, an anti-hypertensive.
|You Save||₹42.26 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Telmisartan(40.0 Mg) + Hydrochlorothiazide(12.5 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Telmisartan(40.0 Mg) + Hydrochlorothiazide(12.5 Mg)
41 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Telsar H 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Telmavas H Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 174.00₹ 121.80₹
- Telismart H 40/12.5mg Tablet 10'sBy Helios Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 130.22₹ 91.15₹
- Telista H 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 260.75₹ 221.64₹
- Prosartan H Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Deepkamal Health Services Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 172.00₹ 146.20₹
- Tellzy H 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 269.60₹ 229.16₹
- Telma H 40mg Strip Of 30 TabletsBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 530.00₹ 450.50₹
- Telmisat H 40mg TabletBy Biocon Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 130.07₹ 110.56₹
- Telmiduce H Tablets 10'sBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 65.75₹ 55.89₹
- Telma H 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 290.00₹ 246.50₹
- Telsartan H 40mg Strip Of 14 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd14 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 266.00₹ 226.10₹
Uses of Telsar H 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Treatment of high blood pressure when Telmisartan alone is not able to control blood pressure
Contraindications of Telsar H 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Telmisartan or Hydrochlorothiazide or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are allergic to antibiotics like sulfasalazine and other drugs from this class
- Should not be taken by pregnant women
- If you have serious liver disorders and problems related to bile duct (canal connecting liver to intestine) like cholestasis
- If you have serious kidney problems
- If your blood test shows a significant increase in calcium and decrease in potassium levels
- If you have diabetes or kidney problem and you are taking medicine for lowering the blood pressure like Aliskiren
Side effects of Telsar H 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Chest pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Low blood pressure
- Dry mouth
- Muscle and back pain
- Loose stools
- Tingling sensation
- Muscle ache
- Peeling of skin and formation of blisters
Precautions and Warnings of Telsar H 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Telsar H 40mg Tab 15`S during pregnancy?
Components of this medicine is known to cause fetal abnormalities and death; thus, it should never be taken during pregnancy. If you are on this medicine and planning pregnancy, then inform your doctor as your medicine needs to be changed.
Can I take Telsar H 40mg Tab 15`S while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to use this medicine when you are breastfeeding. It can cause excessive urine production and can affect milk production.
Can I drive if I have consumed Telsar H 40mg Tab 15`S?
It is advised not to drive after taking this medicine. You may experience dizziness and drowsiness after taking this medicine which hampers your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Telsar H 40mg Tab 15`S?
Avoid drinking alcohol when you are taking this medicine as it is known to cause low blood pressure.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience fainting, giddiness especially after first dose
- You are planning a pregnancy. This medicine will be changed
- You are facing problems with liver function and related organs-like cholestasis, biliary obstructive
- Your kidneys are not functioning properly or you have underlying kidney disease like renal artery stenosis (Narrow kidney blood vessels)
- You have been experiencing fluid losses within your body due to diarrhea, vomiting, etc.
- You have serious heart and heart valve-related problems like congestive heart failure, aortic or mitral stenosis, ischaemic cardiopathy
- You are suffering from primary aldosteronism (a condition of excess production of the hormone aldosterone from the adrenal glands)
- You have diabetes as this medicine may affect your blood glucose levels, glucose monitoring is needed
- You have electrolyte imbalance of sodium, magnesium, potassium and have symptoms of dryness of mouth, thirst, drowsiness, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, etc.
- You have galactose intolerance (small intestine's inability to transport and absorb glucose and galactose)
- You develop eye pain and decrease in vision
Mode of Action of Telsar H 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Telmisartan lowers the blood pressure by blocking the action of a hormone called angiotensin, responsible for narrowing of blood vessels and rise in blood pressure
- Hydrochlorothiazide acts by increasing the production of urine and loss of water and salt from body, thereby lowering the blood pressure
Directions for Use of Telsar H 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- This medicine should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water with or without food.
- Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to do. Never stop the medicine on your own.
- This medicine tends to catch moisture; thus, should be taken out from blister just before use
Interactions of Telsar H 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Your blood potassium levels may go down if you are taking water tablets, steroids, carbenoxolone (treat mouth ulcers), antifungals like amphotericin, antibiotics like penicillin G and Aspirin
- Medicines used to treat depression or other mental conditions like Lithium, Thioridazine and Chlorpromazine
- Your blood potassium levels may increase if you are taking potassium supplements (Amiloride, Spironolactone), Cyclosporin and Heparin
- You may experience low blood sugar if you are taking medicine for diabetes like Insulin and Metformin along with this medicine (severe kidney problems may also arise with metformin)
- This medicine can decrease your blood pressure abruptly if taken with other blood pressure-lowering medicine
- Your blood cell production may be hampered if you take this with medicines like Cyclophosphamide and Methotrexate
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation like Aspirin, Ibuprofen and Naproxen interferes the way this medicine works
- Medicines which may not be able to work properly due to increased potassium levels which are used to treat irregular heartbeats like Quinidine, Digoxin, Sotalol
- Medicines for mental disorders like Chlorpromazine, Haloperidol and other antibiotics
- Medicines used to relax muscle tubocurarine. This medicine can increase blood calcium levels if you are taking vitamin D and calcium supplements
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson's disease like Amantadine
- Medicines used to treat gout-like Probenecid
Interactions with food items
- It should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water
- It can be taken with or without food
Storage and disposal of Telsar H 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store this medicine in the original package to protect it from catching moisture
- Keep this medicine out of the sight of children
Dosage of Telsar H 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Symptoms of overdose may include low blood pressure, irregular heart rhythms, dizziness, excessive urination, nausea and vomiting. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you never miss a dose of your blood pressure medicine as it may lead to serious high blood pressure-related problems
- If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember
- If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop this medication on my own?
A: Don’t suddenly stop taking this medicine without talking to your doctor. If you stop this medication abruptly, you can suffer from severe heart and blood pressure related problems. Your doctor will decrease your dose gradually over weeks before stopping it.
Q: I am experiencing episode of low blood pressure. What can I do?
- If you are taking this medicine in the initial few days, you may experience low blood pressure episodes such as lightheadedness, giddiness
- Take an adequate amount of salt and water
- Inform your doctor if you have vomiting or diarrhoea
- If you experience giddiness, lightheadedness, immediately lie down
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.