Telista Ch 40/12.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Telista Ch 40/12.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Telista Ch Tablet contains a combination of chlorthalidone and telmisartan. It is used to treat high blood pressure when a single medicine has failed or is unable to control blood pressure. This medi
cine works by relaxing the blood vessels and reducing the fluid load in the body by increasing urinary output. This medicine should be taken as directed by your doctor. Avoid missing any dose or stop taking Telista Ch Tablet without informing your doctor. High blood pressure is a critical health condition, if not treated well, can lead to other health-related complications and affect other parts of the body such as the brain, heart, blood vessels, kidneys. Thus, it is recommended that along with taking your medications on time you should also incorporate certain lifestyle modifications. A few of these changes include eating a diet that is low in fat and salt, maintaining a healthy weight, exercising for 30 mins every day, not smoking and limiting alcohol consumption.
|You Save||₹23.32 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Telmisartan(40.0 Mg) + Chlorthalidone / Chlortalidone(12.5 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, lack of energy, coughing|
Uses of Telista Ch 40/12.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Telista Ch 40/12.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to telmisartan, chlorthalidone or any of the ingredients of Telista Ch Tablet.
- If you are allergic to antibiotics like sulfasalazine, sulfisoxazole, etc.
- If you feel difficulty in passing urine or passing no urine at all (anuria).
- If you have diabetes or a kidney problem and you are taking medicine for lowering the blood pressure like aliskiren.
Side effects of Telista Ch 40/12.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Lack of energy
- Swelling of lower limb
Precautions and Warnings of Telista Ch 40/12.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- You experience fainting, giddiness, a sign of decreased blood pressure, then lay down on the bed for some time and once you feel fine, get up slowly.
- You have an increased level of potassium in the blood or are on any potassium supplements.
- You are pregnant or planning a pregnancy, this medicine will be changed.
- You are diabetic and on aliskiren, an anti-hypertensive medicine to control blood pressure.
- You experience undesired symptoms after taking this medicine.
- Telista Ch Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Telista Ch 40/12.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- A hormone called angiotensin is responsible for the narrowing of blood vessels and rise in blood pressure. Telmisartan lowers blood pressure by blocking the action of angiotensin.
- Chlorthalidone acts by increasing the loss of water and salt from the body, thus resulting in increased production of urine, thereby lowering the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Telista Ch 40/12.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions of Telista Ch 40/12.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Telista Ch Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders....
- Medicine used for heart failure like digoxin should be used cautiously.
- You may experience low blood sugar if you are taking medicine for diabetes like insulin, metformin along with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Telista Ch 40/12.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store it below 25°C in a cool, dry place. Protect it from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Telista Ch 40/12.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions I should follow as I have high blood pressure?
- Limit the intake of salt in the diet, especially pickles and packaged foods like chips contain excess salt and should be avoided.
- Have less amount of potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli or banana.
- Limit meat intake.
- Instead of having packaged snacks, prefer fresh-cut fruits as they are rich in vitamins and fibre.
Q: Can I stop Telista Ch Tablet if I experience more side effects?
Q: Why do I experience frequent urination after taking Telista Ch Tablet?
Other Products from this Brand
- Telista 40 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Telista Am 40 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Telista 20 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Telista Mt 50 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Telista 80 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Telista Plus 40 Mg Tablet 15 S
- Telista Trio Cl 40 10 12 5 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Telista Am 80 Tablet 15 S
- Telista Plus 20 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets