Tagat 0.5mg Tablets
Tagat 0.5 MG Description
Tagat 0.5mg tablet is a prescription medication used for the short-term management of several mood disorders. Managing symptoms of anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and anxiety in persons with depres
sion are some of the uses of Tagat 0.5mg tablet. Tagat 0.5mg tablet has a single active ingredient: Alprazolam. Mood disorders like anxiety or panic attacks occur due to overstimulation of the nerve cells. The mode of action of Tagat 0.5mg tablet is by balancing the chemical substances in the brain. This results in slowing down excessive brain activity and relaxing the overworked nervous system. The proper dosage of Tagat 0.5mg tablet helps relieve the symptoms of mood disorders like fear, anxiety, behaviour problems, etc. Directions for use of Tagat 0.5mg tablets should be strictly followed. Abrupt stoppage of this medicine can cause withdrawal symptoms. The dose of this medicine needs to be slowly tapered. Tagat 0.5mg tablets can cause both physical and psychological dependence. It also has the potential to be habit-forming. Tiredness, sleepiness, dry mouth, weight gain and loss are some of the side effects of Tagat tablets. Pregnant women or those planning to conceive should inform their doctor before starting treatment with this medicine.
|You Save||₹2.62 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety, Panic disorder, Anxiety associated with depression|
|Side effects||Lightheadedness, Blurred speech, Nausea, Vomiting, Stomach problems, Drowsiness, Dry mouth, Fatigue, Change in sex drive, Memory problems, Jaundice, Changes in appetite, Difficulty concentrating, Weight changes, Balancing problems, Suicidal thoughts, Hallucinations,|
Uses of Tagat 0.5 MG
- As per CDSCO, Tagat 0.5mg tablets are used in:
- Immediate or short-term management of the symptoms of an anxiety disorder (resolves symptoms such as restlessness, irritability, tiredness, problems with focusing, etc.)
- Treatment of panic disorders like panic attacks (helps with calmness and improves cognitive abilities)
- Short-term management of anxiety in patients with depression.
Contraindications of Tagat 0.5 MG
- Do not take Tagat 0.5mg tablet or use caution:
- If you have a history of allergy to any component of Tagat 0.5mg tablets.
- If you have a history of alcohol addiction or substance abuse; Tagat 0.5mg tablets have the potential to be habit-forming and can cause physical and psychological dependency.
- If you are pregnant or planning to conceive; this medicine can cause congenital disabilities in the foetus.
- If you have respiratory depression (slow and steady decline in breathing).
- If you are nursing; this medicine can have adverse effects on newborn babies.
- If you notice sudden mood changes, have suicidal thoughts or engage in harmful behaviour.
- If you use any narcotic or opioid pain relievers.
- If you have been diagnosed with closed-angle glaucoma (an eye disorder); Tagat 0.5mg tablets can increase fluid pressure in the eye.
- If you have respiratory problems like asthma, sleep apnea, etc.
- If you are at risk of falling frequently or have sudden spells of dizziness.
- If you are a child or adolescent under 18.
Side effects of Tagat 0.5 MG
- Side effects of Tagat 0.5mg tablets include:
- Blurred speech
- Dry mouth
- Change in sex drive
- Balancing problems
Precautions and Warnings of Tagat 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have suicidal thoughts after starting treatment with Tagat 0.5mg tablets.
- You have a history of lung, kidney, or liver disease.
- You are an older adult over 65. These tablets may cause serious adverse effects due to slow metabolism in this age group.
- You take medication for fungal infections.
- You have withdrawal symptoms like agitation, sweating, tremors, nausea, and confusion. The dose of this medicine needs to be slowly tapered.
- You are planning to have a medical or dental procedure.
- You have a history of seizure disorder and are under antiepileptic medication.
- You are pregnant or planning to conceive.
- You use oral contraceptives.
- You use herbal or Ayurvedic medicines and vitamins or supplements. Some of them can interfere with Tagat 0.5mg tablets and cause adverse effects.
Mode of Action of Tagat 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tagat 0.5 MG
- Take Tagat 0.5mg tablets exactly as advised by your doctor.
- Do not exceed the dosage, even if you cannot notice the effects of this medicine.
- Take Tagat 0.5mg tablets as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not break or chew this tablet.
- Do not take Tagat 0.5mg tablets with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not consume this medicine if its packaging is broken.
- Do not abruptly stop taking Tagat 0.5mg tablets; this can result in adverse effects from withdrawal.
Interactions of Tagat 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Using Tagat 0.5mg tablets and antidepressants or mood-elevating medicines like fluoxetine and desipramine can cause increased side effects.
- Do not use Tagat 0.5mg tablets with antihistamines (allergy medicines), opioid painkillers, sleeping pills, etc. It can increase drowsiness and fatigue.
- If you take treatment antifungal medication like itraconazole and ketoconazole. This medicine can reduce their effects.
- Tagat 0.5mg tablets reduce the effect of oral contraceptives or birth control pills.
- Do not take other sedatives like sertraline with this medicine; it can enhance the side effects of Tagat 0.5mg tablets.
- Avoid using St John’s wort (herbal medicine for managing depression) with Tagat 0.5mg tablets.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid grapefruit and its juice; this fruit reduces the effect of Tagat 0.5mg tablets.
Storage and disposal of Tagat 0.5 MG
Dosage of Tagat 0.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop using Tagat 0.5mg tablets if I am feeling better?
Q: Can I use Tagat 0.5mg tablets if I have seizures?
Q: Can I use Tagat 0.5mg tablets safely for a long duration?
- Alprazolam: Medlineplus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine [cited 26 Feb 2022]
- Ait-Daoud N, Hamby AS, Sharma S, Blevins D. A review of Alprazolam use, misuse, and withdrawal [Internet]. Journal of addiction medicine. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2018 [cited 26 Feb 2022] -
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 26 Feb 2022] -