Srt 50mg Tab
By SHINE PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Srt 50 mg Tablet is a prescription medication. It is used for the management of various conditions like major depressive disorder, anxiety-related symptoms, panic disorders, etc. Its active ingredient is sertraline. It is an antidepressant medication. Management of premenstrual dysphoric depression, social anxiety disorders, and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) are other uses of Srt Tablets. Depression, a type of mood disorder, is a state of mind issue that causes persistent thoughts and feelings of sadness, loneliness, anger, etc. Srt Tablets work by calming overworked nerves in the brain and improving mood and memory. There are also many side effects of Srt tablets, so the medicine must be carefully monitored. Take the Srt Tablet in the exact dosage and at the same time every day to maintain steady levels in the body. Do not change the dosage of Srt Tablet without consulting your doctor, and try not to stop using it abruptly. Instead, this medicine should be tapered slowly. Otherwise, it can lead to unwanted withdrawal symptoms, such as restlessness, palpitations, sleep disturbances, anxiety, etc. This medicine can cause dependency in some people. Srt Tablet can also increase suicidal behaviour in young adults and children....
|You Save||₹14.48 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Panic disorder, major depressive disorder, social anxiety disorder, OCD, post-traumatic stress disorder, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, premature ejaculation.|
|Side effects||Fatigue, insomnia, dizziness, drowsiness, headache, sweating, blurry vision, confusion, memory problems, nausea, delayed ejaculation, low sex desire|
Check more medicines with composition as Sertraline(50.0 Mg)
Uses of S R T 50 MG
- As per CDSCO and USFDA, Srt Tablet is used in the,
- Treatment of symptoms associated with major depressive disorder.
- Treatment of panic disorder and social anxiety disorder (reduces the state of fear).
- Treatment of premenstrual dysphoric disorder - a depression that occurs before menstruation.
- Management of generalised anxiety disorder.
- Treatment of repetitive thoughts and actions in obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
- Management of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Contraindications of S R T 50 MG
- If you have a known allergic reaction to sertraline, do not use Srt medication. It can cause itching, rashes, swelling of the face, eyes, lips, throat, difficulty breathing, and other allergic reactions....
- If you are using certain antidepressants like monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAO inhibitors), it can cause serotonin toxicity and cause life-threatening adverse reactions.
- If you have any history of substance abuse or alcohol addiction.
- If you have suicidal thoughts or self-harmful behaviour.
- If you have a mild liver condition, Srt Tablet should be approached with caution. It is not recommended if you have an end-stage liver disease.
- Do not administer Srt Tablet to children below 18 years of age, except in obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Side effects of S R T 50 MG
- Sleep disturbances
- Blurry vision
- Changes in sexual drive
Precautions and Warnings of S R T 50 MG
Can I take Srt Tablet during pregnancy?
No, consult your doctor if you experience mood disorders or depression during pregnancy. Srt Tablet is not recommended in pregnant women, especially in the third trimester. It can increase the risk for persistent pulmonary hypertension (high blood pressure in the lungs) and withdrawal effects in the newborn baby. Other potential developmental effects can be premature birth and weight changes in the baby. It is only prescribed in life-threatening situations.
Can I take Srt Tablet while breastfeeding?
If you are breastfeeding, consult with your doctor first before taking Srt Tablet. According to a few studies, an undetectable amount of Srt medicine passes in the breast milk, so it is unlikely to cause developmental damage in babies. However, it is important to proceed with caution and use this medicine only if prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have taken Srt Tablet?
No, it is not safe to drive after taking the Srt Tablet. This medicine causes dizziness, double vision, drowsiness, lethargy, blurry vision, etc., which can impair your ability to drive or operate heavy machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Srt Tablet?
No, do not consume alcohol with Srt Tablet. It increases the severity of side effects like dizziness, drowsiness, blurred vision, lethargy, liver injury, etc. It can also worsen the condition for which you are using Srt tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are older than 65 years. Monitor the dosage, as the effects last longer due to slow metabolism.
- You have kidney disorders, this medicine should be used with precaution even though it is safe.
- You are experiencing any suicidal thoughts after taking Srt Tablet.
- You experience a low sex drive or other sexual dysfunctions.
- You have angle-closure glaucoma, an eye disorder. Srt medicine can increase fluid pressure in the eye and cause blindness.
- You have a seizure disorder (fits). Srt tablets should be used with caution.
- You have a history of bleeding disorder.
- You are using any herbal or ayurvedic medicines or supplements like St. John’s wort. It can cause serious side effects.
Mode of Action of S R T 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Srt Tablet contains sertraline as its active ingredient. It is an antidepressant medication. It functions by increasing the release of the serotonin hormone in the brain and balancing its levels. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter(chemical messenger) responsible for improving memory, mood, behaviour, and cognitive abilities....
Directions for Use of S R T 50 MG
- Take Srt Tablet exactly in the dose and duration prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage of Srt Tablet, even if you do not notice any changes.
- Take it at the same time regularly to maintain steady levels in the body.
- Take Srt Tablet as a whole, with glass or water and do not crush, chew or break it into pieces.
- You can take the Srt Tablet before or after consuming a meal.
- Do not stop using Srt Tablet abruptly as it can cause some mild side effects.
Interactions of S R T 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take Srt Tablet with disulfiram (medication used in the treatment of alcohol addiction) because if sertraline oral concentrate has alcohol, which can cause severe vomiting.
- If you are using Srt Tablet, do not use other medications that also increase serotonin levels, such as SSRIs, SNRIs, triptans, etc. It can lead to serotonin toxicity and cause life-threatening side effects vomiting, high heart rate and even death....
- Using Srt Tablet with medications like aspirin, NSAIDs, blood thinners (warfarin), antiplatelet medicines, etc., can lead to an increased risk of bleeding.
- Consuming Srt Tablet with other antidepressants like MAO inhibitors (methylene blue, linezolid, etc.)can lower the metabolism of serotonin, which can be fatal.
- Taking Srt Tablet with the antipsychotic medicine pimozide. It can cause bleeding or bruising.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid cola drinks, chocolate and caffeine-containing food products with Srt Tablet. All these food items can increase levels of serotonin, and the combination can result in a condition called serotonin syndrome. It causes symptoms such as high fever, agitation, vomiting, nausea, fast heartbeat, trembling, sweating, and sudden jerky movements on the muscles....
Storage and disposal of S R T 50 MG
Store Srt Tablets in dry conditions at room temperatures. Keep this medicine away from wet surfaces, direct sunlight, and humid conditions. Keep Srt Tablets away from the reach of children and pets. Dispose of this tablet’s packaging carefully after use. Throw away Srt tablets if the package has been already opened. Check the expiration date before taking these medicines. Do not use Srt medication if it's past the expiration date....
Dosage of S R T 50 MG
Srt Tablet overdose can cause tremors, lethargy, nausea, dizziness, vomiting, agitation, confusion, fever, increased heart rate, drowsiness, and shakiness. Overdose of Srt medicine usually occurs in combination with other medications or alcohol. If you experience any of the above-mentioned symptoms, look for emergency medical treatment at a nearby medical facility....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of Srt Tablet, take it as soon as you recall. If you recall missing a dose when it is already time to take the next dose of Srt Tablet, take the next dose and skip the missed one. Consult with your doctor if you have any doubts about the dosage. Do not take both at the same time or close together, as it can lead to adverse reactions....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: At what time can I take Srt Tablet?
A: Depending on your condition and sleep pattern, you can take Srt Tablet at any time of the day. But, try to remember to take it at the same time each day to maintain steady levels of this medicine in the body, for optimal benefit. If you have difficulty sleeping, you can take Srt Tablet in the morning. You can take Srt Tablet with or without food.
Q: How long can I take Srt Tablet?
A: You should continue taking Srt Tablet for as long as your doctor recommends it. Do not suddenly discontinue it without consulting with your doctor, as it can cause withdrawal symptoms. Srt medicine should be slowly tapered to prevent side effects.
Q: How long does it take for Srt Tablet to work?
A: It may take up to 7 days for you to start noticing the effects of Srt medicine. For some, it might take even longer. It varies from person to person. If you do not experience any benefits after a few weeks, consult your doctor.
- BZ; LGTH. Sertraline overdose [Internet]. Academic emergency medicine : official journal of the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Feb 22]. Available from:
- ZOLOFT Label ZOLOFT (sertraline hydrochloride). Accessdata. Fda.gov. [cited 2022 Feb 22]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Feb 22]. Available from:
- Singh HK. Sertraline [Internet]. StatPearls [Internet]. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2021 [cited 2022 Feb 22]. Available from:
S R T
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand