Sizodon Plus Tablet
Sizodon Plus Tablet Description
Sizodon plus is a medicine that has a combination of two salts; Risperidone-3.0mg and Trihexyphenidyl- 2.0 mg (Benzhexol Hydrochloride). It is in the form of a tablet or solution. The medication is u
sed in the treatment of Schizophrenia and manages symptoms like muscle spasms, rigidity associated with Parkinson’s disease, tremors, jerks, etc. Schizophrenia is a condition that severely impacts a person's rationality. A person may feel, see or hear imaginary things. Episodes of hallucination characterise the disease. One should take the Sizodon Plus tablet at the same time every day. Also, it should not be stopped suddenly or without consulting the physician.
|Contains||Risperidone(3.0 Mg) + Trihexyphenidyl / Benzhexol Hydrochloride(2.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, mood alterations|
|Side effects||Nausea, dizziness, vomiting, blurred vision|
Uses of Sizodon Plus Tablet
- Bipolar disorder
- Mood related disorders
Contraindications of Sizodon Plus Tablet
- If you are allergic to Risperidone and Trihexyphenidyl.
- If you have had heart conditions like stroke.
- If you have glaucoma.
- If you have diabetes.
- If you have kidney or liver-related problems.
- If you are an immunocompromised patients.
- If you have prostate-related problems.
- If you have digestive disorders like heartburn, indigestion.
- If you have Myasthenia Gravis.
- If you feel rigid movements in the face, tongue.
Side effects of Sizodon Plus Tablet
- Common SIde effects:
- Chest infection- bronchitis, pneumonia, sinus infection
- Vision- blurry
- Weight gain/ loss
- Lack of control of urinary habits
- Speech- slurred
- Rare side effects:
- Body pain
- Skin rashes
- Pain in abdomen
- Dryness in the mouth (xerostomia)
Precautions and Warnings of Sizodon Plus Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You are pregnant or lactating.
- You are taking other centrally-acting medications like antihistamines, benzodiazepines . It should not be taken along with these medications without consulting the benefits and drug interactions with the doctor. ...
- You want a prescription for a child below 18 years of age. Children below 18 should not consume this medicine.
- You are experiencing severe side effects. Some side effects are common, but if the side effects are causing more uneasiness than the symptoms, then a consultation with the doctor/physician is required. ...
- You want to stop taking the medication. Sizodon Plus should not be stopped suddenly, as it has the potential of causing withdrawal symptoms.
Mode of Action of Sizodon Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Sizodon Plus Tablet
- Sizodon plus must be taken after being advised by the doctor.
- Your physician would decide the dose of the medicine.
- It is usually taken after food at night.
- The medicine must be taken every day at the same time so that the concentration of the drug in the body is maintained.
Interactions of Sizodon Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- This tablet can interact with various drugs like-
- Antidiabetic medicines
- Antihypertensive medicine, causes excess fall in blood pressure
Interactions with food items
- Taking this medicine with alcohol is not advised because alcohol may further elevate the feeling of nausea, sleepiness, confusion, etc., Also, alcohol alters rational thinking, so it is against advice to do any activity that needs attention and focus, like driving, working, etc....