Roscillin 250mg Capsule
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
8 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Roscillin 250 MG Description
Roscillin Capsule is an antibiotic medicine used for the treatment of bacterial infections such as infections of the lungs, airways, throat, skin, soft tissues, sexually transmitted diseases, urinary
tract, etc. It contains ampicillin as an active ingredient that belongs to the penicillin group of antibiotics.
|You Save||₹5.40 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Allergic reaction, skin rash, itching, irritation|
Check more medicines with composition as Ampicillin(250.0 Mg)
Uses of Roscillin 250 MG
Roscillin Capsule is used for the treatment of several types of bacterial infections of ear, nose and throat infection, respiratory tract, urinary tract, chest infection, sexually transmitted disease, blood poisoning, etc....
Contraindications of Roscillin 250 MG
- If you are allergic to ampicillin or any of the other ingredients of Roscillin Capsule.
- If you are allergic to any other antibiotics belonging to penicillin or cephalosporin class of antibiotics (called beta-lactams).
- If you have any liver or kidney diseases.
- If you are pregnant or a breastfeeding mother.
Side effects of Roscillin 250 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Roscillin 250 MG
Can I take Roscillin Capsule during pregnancy?
Roscillin Capsule can be taken in pregnancy if prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Roscillin Capsule while breastfeeding?
Roscillin Capsule passes into the breastmilk in small amounts and may affect the breastfed baby. Hence it is recommended to take this medicine if you are breastfeeding only if prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have taken Roscillin Capsule?
Roscillin Capsule does not affect your ability to drive or to use machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Roscillin Capsule?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Roscillin Capsule. Consult the doctor for more information if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergic reactions like skin rash and swelling of the face or neck due to antibiotic use.
- You are already taking any other antibiotic medicine.
- You have any blood-related disorder.
- You have kidney problems.
- You have low immunity or have glandular fever.
- You are going to have urine tests for glucose, as this medicine may affect the test results.
Mode of Action of Roscillin 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Roscillin Capsule medicine inhibits bacterial DNA, thereby restricting their growth and eventually killing the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Roscillin 250 MG
- Roscillin Capsule will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Roscillin 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Roscillin Capsule may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking.
- In particular, if you are taking any other antibiotic medicines, anti-gout medicines, oral contraceptives, etc.
Storage and disposal of Roscillin 250 MG
- Store Roscillin Capsule at room temperature.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Roscillin 250 MG
Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea. In case of overdose, reach out to the doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in ineffective treatment against the infection. If you have missed taking any dose of Roscillin Capsule, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Roscillin Capsule?
A: The composition of Roscillin Capsule consists of ampicillin, as an active ingredient. It is used to treat different types of bacterial infections of the throat, lungs, ears, nose, heart, sexually transmitted disease and urinary tract. It stops the growth of bacteria causing the infection by preventing bacterial cell wall formation.
Q: Is Roscillin Capsule an antibiotic medicine?
A: Yes, Roscillin Capsule is an antibiotic medicine, that belongs to penicillin group of antibiotics.
Q: What is the dose of Roscillin Capsule?
A: The doctor will decide the specific dose for a specific duration depending upon the severity of the condition. Do not self-inject.
- Ampicillin 500 mg powder for solution for injection- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June2022]
- Ampicillin for injection [Internet]. pfizer.com. 2022 [cited 4 June2022]
- Penbritin 500 mg Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed