Rl 1.25mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Rl 1.25 MG Description
Rl Capsule is an anti-hypertensive medicine. It contains ramipril as its active ingredient. Rl is used to treat high blood pressure and is also used to reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke. Ram
ipril Capsule acts by reducing the raising blood pressure. Take this medicine in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. It can be taken with or without food. You should take a Rl at a fixed time every day, to gain optimal therapeutic benefits. Do not stop taking Capsule Rl, as it can lead to hypertensive crisis and even heart failure.
Uses of Rl 1.25 MG
- Rl Capsule is used to treat high blood pressure.
- It is also used to prevent and treat certain heart diseases like heart attack, heart failure.
Contraindications of Rl 1.25 MG
- If you are allergic to ramipril or any other ingredients present in Rl Capsule.
- If you have facial swelling.
- If you have any kind of pre-existing medical condition such as low blood pressure, diabetes, liver or kidney problem etc.
- If you are in the 2nd or 3rd trimester of pregnancy.
- If you have kidney artery stenosis (where the blood supply to the kidney is obstructed).
- If you are on sacubitril/valsartan therapy (used to treat heart failure).
Side effects of Rl 1.25 MG
- Dry cough
- Reduced blood pressure
- High potassium levels in the blood
- Skin rashes
- Leg cramps
Precautions and Warnings of Rl 1.25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any liver, heart and kidney problems or diseases.
- You are on any medication for a specific medical condition.
- You have low sodium levels and high potassium levels in the blood.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have low blood pressure.
- You are undergoing any surgery.
- You develop a cough, allergic condition or facial swelling after taking this medicine.
- Rl Capsule should not be used in children below 16 years of age.
Mode of Action of Rl 1.25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Rl 1.25 MG
Interactions of Rl 1.25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Rl Capsule if, taken at the same time. You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction....
- Concomitant use of Rl Capsule with valsartan/sacubitril should not be used for 36 hours after the use of ramipril, as it can increase the risk of angioedema.
- Your blood potassium levels may increase if you are taking potassium supplements (amiloride, spironolactone), cyclosporin, heparin, potassium salts, trimethoprim alone or in combination with sulfamethoxazole (for infections) and heparin (for thinning the blood) and thus should be used with caution....
- Rl Capsule can decrease your blood pressure abruptly if taken with other blood pressure lowering-medicine (methyldopa, lisinopril, furosemide, candesartan, telmisartan).
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are anti-diabetics, antibiotics, anti-gout medicines, brain-related medicines, immunosuppressants, steroids etc.
Storage and disposal of Rl 1.25 MG
- Store Rl below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep product out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Rl 1.25 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Rl a blood thinner?
Q: Can I stop taking Rl?
Q: Can Rl cause cough?
- Ramipril 2.5mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Ramipril [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Ramipril 2.5mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]