Regestrone 5mg Tablet
Regestrone 5 MG Description
Regestrone 5 mg tablet is used for the treatment of menstrual & gynaecological disorders due to an imbalance in hormonal levels. It is a hormonal medicine containing norethisterone as an active ingre
dient. Regestrone 5mg tablet is a man-made form of a female sex hormone. Regesterone works by mimicking the action of the female sex hormone called progesterone, thereby normalising the menstrual cycle and other gynaecological problems. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Patients taking Regestrone 5 tablets must follow instructions for the regular self-breast exam. Photosensitivity might be experienced while taking this medicine. Using sunscreen, wearing protective clothing and eyewear and avoiding direct sunlight are recommended. You may experience loss of hair (reversible), weight gain or loss. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting a Regestrone 5 mg tablet.
|You Save||₹8.08 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Gynecological and menstrual disorders|
|Side effects||Headache, stomach upset, changes in mood|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR MENSTRUAL AND GYNAECOLOGICAL DISORDERS|
Uses of Regestrone 5 MG
Contraindications of Regestrone 5 MG
- If you are allergic to norethisterone or any of the ingredients of Regesterone 5 mg tablet.
- If you have a history of jaundice or skin allergies such as pruritus during pregnancy.
- If you have disorders of lipid metabolism or abnormal cholesterol levels.
- If you often experience vaginal bleeding and it is not being diagnosed yet.
- If you have a history of breast or vaginal cancer.
- If you have active or have a history of liver-related diseases such as jaundice.
- If you have a history of heart disorder like chest pain(angina), heart attack or stroke.
- If you have blood clotting disorder such as thrombophlebitis and thromboembolism.
Side effects of Regestrone 5 MG
- Feeling low
- Irregular menses
- Breast discomforts
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Change in weight
Precautions and Warnings of Regestrone 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience migraine, headaches, mood changes or feel low.
- You experience sudden vision impairment, inform the doctor immediately.
- You are elderly or have a habit of smoking and high cholesterol.
- You have heart disease, a disease related to blood vessels or high blood pressure.
- You have a history of gallstones, liver disease, kidney disease, impaired sugar tolerance or asthma.
- You are going to have surgery, the doctor should discontinue the medicine at least four weeks before to avoid unwanted risks.
- You must be kept under observation during the treatment to check the possibility of the formation of a clot in blood vessels.
- You suffer from muscle twitch (tetany) or diabetes.
- You have a history of porphyria (a rare inherited blood disease) and otosclerosis (an inherited form of deafness that sometimes gets worse during pregnancy).
- You have a history of varicose veins (enlarged veins and most commonly appearing in the legs and feet).
- You have a history of a disease in which the immune system eats away the protective covering of nerves (multiple sclerosis).
Directions for Use of Regestrone 5 MG
- Regesterone 5 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not change your dose or stop taking it without consulting your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Regestrone 5 MG
- Store Regesterone 5 mg tablet below 25°C
- Store it in original packing to protect it from light and moisture
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets
Quick Tips of Regestrone 5 MG
- Regestrone 5 mg tablet treats menstruation and gynaecological diseases caused by hormonal imbalances. It is a hormonal medication that contains the active component norethisterone.
- It should be taken exactly as prescribed by the doctor, at the doses and for the duration prescribed. Patients taking Regestrone 5 tablets must follow self-breast exam recommendations on a frequent basis....
- Photosensitivity may occur while taking this medication. It is important to use sunscreen, wear protective clothing and eyewear and avoid direct sunlight.
- If you are pregnant, do not take Regestrone 5mg Tablet. Because this medicine is not a contraceptive, use a non-hormonal method of contraception, such as condoms, to avoid pregnancy while using it.
- Regesterone 5 mg tablet should not be taken with steroids such as prednisone, prednisolone or cloprednol since there may be significant problems.
Dosage of Regestrone 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Regestrone 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Regestrone 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines may affect the way the Regesterone 5 mg tablet works or the medicine itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
- Regesterone 5 mg tablet may not be taken along with medicines containing steroids such as prednisone, prednisolone and cloprednol as there may be serious interactions.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)