Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets is a steroidal medicine containing Norethisterone as an active ingredient. It is a synthetic form of a female sex hormone, progesterone. Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
works by imitating the actions of the natural hormone progesterone and is used for the treatment of menstrual & gynaecological disorder due to imbalance in the hormonal levels. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor and for the duration specified. You should not take this medicine if you are pregnant, suffering from jaundice or any liver disorders and have disorders related to blood clot formation....
Uses of Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
For the treatment of menstrual & gynaecological disorder due to hormonal imbalance.
Contraindications of Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to norethisterone or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history of jaundice or skin allergies such as pruritus during pregnancy.
- If you have disorders of lipid metabolism or abnormal cholesterol levels.
- If you often experience vaginal bleeding and it is not being diagnosed yet.
- If you have a history of breast or vaginal cancer.
- If you have active or have a history of liver-related diseases such as jaundice.
- If you have a history of heart disorder like chest pain(angina), heart attack or stroke.
- If you have blood clotting disorder such as thrombophlebitis and thromboembolism.
Side effects of Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Feeling low
- Irregular menses
- Breast discomforts
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Change in weight
- High blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets during pregnancy?
Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets should not be used during pregnancy. In case you become pregnant during the treatment, discontinue immediately and consult your doctor.
Can I take Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets while breastfeeding?
Generally, it does not affect the quality of milk and does not cause any harm to the breastfed baby. However, it is advised to use this medicine under a doctor's supervision.
Can I drive if I have consumed Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
This medicine does not affect your ability to drive or use machinery. However, if you experience side effects like dizziness, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
Although, there is no known interaction with alcohol along with this medicine. It is important to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience migraine, headaches, mood changes or feel low.
- You experience sudden vision impairment, inform your doctor immediately.
- You are an older person or have a habit of smoking and high cholesterol.
- You have any heart disease, disease related to blood vessels or high blood pressure.
- You may develop a risk of a cancerous or non-cancerous liver tumour on long term use of this medicine.
- You have a history of gallstones, liver disease, kidney disease, impaired sugar tolerance or asthma.
- You develop a migraine, headache, rise in blood pressure, or jaundice, a doctor should stop this medicine immediately.
- You are going to have surgery, the doctor should discontinue the medicine at least four weeks before to avoid unwanted risks.
- You need to be kept under observation during the treatment to check the possibility of the formation of a clot in blood vessels.
- You are suffering from muscle twitch (tetany) or diabetes.
- You have a history of porphyria (a rare inherited blood disease) and otosclerosis (an inherited form of deafness which sometimes gets worse during pregnancy).
- You have a history of varicose veins (enlarged veins and most commonly appearing in the legs and feet).
- You have a history of a disease in which the immune system eats away the protective covering of nerves (multiple sclerosis).
Mode of Action of Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Progesterone in this medicine acts similarly to the naturally present progesterone that works in normal conditions and helps in regulating the normal functions of the uterus.
Directions for Use of Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- You should preferably take this medicine every day at the same time
- Do not change your dose or stop taking it without consulting your doctor
Interactions of Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets should not be taken along with a herbal preparation and St John’s wort used for psychiatric disorders as it can reduce the effect of this medicine.
- Some medicines may impair the activity of this medicine like antibiotics, sedatives and medicines to treat seizures and fits.
- Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets should not be taken along with medicines containing steroids such as Prednisone, Prednisolone and Cloprednol as there can be serious interactions.
Storage and disposal of Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store this medicine below 25°C
- Store it in original packing to protect it from light and moisture
- Keep it away from the reach of children
Dosage of Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
The symptoms of an overdose of Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tabletss include nausea, vomiting, breast enlargement, and vaginal bleeding, etc. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visi
t the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose
of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use this medicine to postpone my period?
A: No, you should not take this medicine for any condition without consulting your doctor.
Q: Can Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets be used as a contraceptive?
A: No, this medicine can not be used as contraceptive medicine. Seek a doctor's advice for proper contraceptive medicine.
Q: How does Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets work?
A: This medicine contains progesterone that is a human-made form of a natural female sex hormone. It works by acting in a similar way the natural hormone progesterone acts and helps in maintaining the optimal functions of the uterus.
Q: Can Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets cause weight loss?
A: You may experience variations in weight after taking this medicine. However, it depends on the physiological condition of an individual and varies among different individuals.
Q: Can I take Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets twice a day?
A: You should take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor and for the prescribed duration. Do not increase or decrease the dose of this medicine on your own.
Q: Can Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets cause miscarriage?
A: This medicine should not be used during pregnancy and discontinued if pregnancy is detected. The incidence of miscarriage upon the use of this medicine is not known. Consult your doctor for more information.
Q: When to take Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets - before a meal or after a meal?
A: This medication can be taken before or after a meal. It is advisable to take this medicine at the same time every day.
Last Updated on: 31 Oct 2020 | 04:30 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved