Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Gynaset 5 MG Description
Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets is a steroidal medicine containing Norethisterone as an active ingredient. It is a synthetic form of a female sex hormone, progesterone. Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablet
s works by imitating the actions of the natural hormone progesterone and is used for the treatment of menstrual & gynaecological disorder due to imbalance in the hormonal levels. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor and for the duration specified. You should not take this medicine if you are pregnant, suffering from jaundice or any liver disorders and have disorders related to blood clot formation.
|You Save||₹6.84 (12% on MRP)|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR MENSTRUAL AND GYNAECOLOGICAL DISORDERS|
Uses of Gynaset 5 MG
Contraindications of Gynaset 5 MG
- If you are allergic to norethisterone or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history of jaundice or skin allergies such as pruritus during pregnancy.
- If you have disorders of lipid metabolism or abnormal cholesterol levels.
- If you often experience vaginal bleeding and it is not being diagnosed yet.
- If you have a history of breast or vaginal cancer.
- If you have active or have a history of liver-related diseases such as jaundice.
- If you have a history of heart disorder like chest pain(angina), heart attack or stroke.
- If you have blood clotting disorder such as thrombophlebitis and thromboembolism.
Side effects of Gynaset 5 MG
- Feeling low
- Irregular menses
- Breast discomforts
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Change in weight
- High blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Gynaset 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience migraine, headaches, mood changes or feel low.
- You experience sudden vision impairment, inform your doctor immediately.
- You are an older person or have a habit of smoking and high cholesterol.
- You have any heart disease, disease related to blood vessels or high blood pressure.
- You may develop a risk of a cancerous or non-cancerous liver tumour on long term use of this medicine.
- You have a history of gallstones, liver disease, kidney disease, impaired sugar tolerance or asthma.
- You develop a migraine, headache, rise in blood pressure, or jaundice, a doctor should stop this medicine immediately.
- You are going to have surgery, the doctor should discontinue the medicine at least four weeks before to avoid unwanted risks.
- You need to be kept under observation during the treatment to check the possibility of the formation of a clot in blood vessels.
- You are suffering from muscle twitch (tetany) or diabetes.
- You have a history of porphyria (a rare inherited blood disease) and otosclerosis (an inherited form of deafness which sometimes gets worse during pregnancy).
- You have a history of varicose veins (enlarged veins and most commonly appearing in the legs and feet).
- You have a history of a disease in which the immune system eats away the protective covering of nerves (multiple sclerosis).
Mode of Action of Gynaset 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Gynaset 5 MG
- You should preferably take this medicine every day at the same time
- Do not change your dose or stop taking it without consulting your doctor
Interactions of Gynaset 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets should not be taken along with a herbal preparation and St John’s wort used for psychiatric disorders as it can reduce the effect of this medicine.
- Some medicines may impair the activity of this medicine like antibiotics, sedatives and medicines to treat seizures and fits.
- Gynaset 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets should not be taken along with medicines containing steroids such as Prednisone, Prednisolone and Cloprednol as there can be serious interactions.
Storage and disposal of Gynaset 5 MG
- Store this medicine below 25°C
- Store it in original packing to protect it from light and moisture
- Keep it away from the reach of children