Rcifax Susp 60ml
60ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rcifax Susp 60ml contains rifaximin which belongs an antibiotic group.
Uses of Rcifax Susp 60ml
- Hepatic encephalopathy (liver dysfunction)
- Traveler’s diarrhea
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)(stomach pain, cramping, constipation)
Contraindications of Rcifax Susp 60ml
- If you are allergic to rifaximin, rifampin, rifapentine or rifabutin
- Bloody diarrhoea
- Diarrhoea that is not because of bacteria (such as viral diarrhoea)
- Diarrhoea with fever
- Liver disease
- If you are suffering from stomach pain, constipation or blockage in the bowel
Side effects of Rcifax Susp 60ml
- Stomach pain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Loss of appetite
- Loss of body fluid (dehydration)
- Urgency to empty your bowels
- Abnormal test results in white blood cells
Precautions and Warnings of Rcifax Susp 60ml
Can I take Rcifax Susp 60ml during pregnancy?
You should not take this medicine during pregnancy. Limited information is available about its safety in pregnancy, hence do not take this medicine unless considered essential by your physician.
Can I take Rcifax Susp 60ml while breastfeeding?
It is not known if this medicine passes in breast milk. It is not to be used if you are breast-feeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Rcifax Susp 60ml?
It is unlikely to impair driving ability, hence safe to drive while using Rcifax Susp 60ml. If you feel dizzy, do not drive
Can I consume alcohol with Rcifax Susp 60ml?
No known interaction of this medicine with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you get any allergic reactions.
- If you have kidney or liver or cardiac problems or any previous intestinal surgeries.
Mode of Action of Rcifax Susp 60ml
How Does It Work?
It is not absorbed into bloodstream while passing through the stomach and intestines.Rcifax Susp 60ml is used for treating bacterial infections present in the intestine. It acts by binding to the beta-subunit of bacterial DNA-dependent RNA polymerase, resulting in blocking of transcription thus bacterial growth is prevented and existing ones are killed by immunity or when their lifecycle ends.
Directions for Use of Rcifax Susp 60ml
- Shake syrup well before its use.
- Dose and duration should be taken as per physician advice.
- Measure the syrup using measuring cup and take it orally.
- Better to take after food.
Interactions of Rcifax Susp 60ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Rifaximin may interact with other medications such as azithromycin, diltiazem, warfarin, erythromycin
- anti-fungal medications,ciclosporin.
- May also interact with BCG and cholera vaccines.
Interactions with food items
- Rifaximin may interact with grapefruit or its juice.
- Avoid grapefruit.
Storage and disposal of Rcifax Susp 60ml
Medicine should be stored in a cool, dry place. Kept away from the reach of children. Medicines must not be used when the expiry date is over.
Dosage of Rcifax Susp 60ml
Specific information is not available on the symptoms and treatment of overdose with rifaximin.In case of overdose discontinue rifaximin.If any discomfort, breathing difficulty, severe vomiting, pain abdomen seek emergency medical attention immediately.
Missed a Dose
Do not take extra medicine to compensate for the missed dose.If you missed any dose take it as soon as you remember
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can we use this medicine in children?
A: Should not be used in children less than 12 years of age (Less than 12 years: Safety and efficacy not established).
Q: Can we take vaccines like typhoid vaccine along Rcifax Susp 60ml?
- It may cause live bacterial vaccines (such as typhoid vaccine) to not work as well. Do not have any immunizations/ vaccinations while using this medication unless your doctor tells you to.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved