Raymoxi L Eye Drops
Raymoxi L Eye Drops Description
Raymoxi L Eye Drop is an ocular antibiotic and steroid medication. It contains a combination of moxifloxacin and loteprednol as active substances. Raymoxi L Eye Drop is used in the treatment of infla
mmation (redness, pain, swelling) of the eye after eye surgery which may be associated with a bacterial infection. It works by reducing inflammation and killing the infection-causing bacteria. Raymoxi L Eye Drop is meant for ocular (eye) use and should be used externally only. Do not ingest this medicine. Avoid touching the dropper with your hands or with your eye. This eye drop should not be used in children under 18 years of age. Use Raymoxi L Eye Drop exactly as recommended by your doctor. Do not use this medicine on your own.
|Contains||Loteprednol Etabonate(0.5 %W/V) + Moxifloxacin(0.5 %W/V)|
|Uses||Eye inflammation with infection|
|Side effects||Headache, dry eyes, burning|
|Therapy||OCCULAR ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID|
Uses of Raymoxi L Eye Drops
Contraindications of Raymoxi L Eye Drops
- If you are allergic to moxifloxacin, loteprednol or any of the other ingredients of Raymoxi L Eye Drop.
- If you have a history of allergy to any other corticosteroid or quinolones. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
- If you have eye diseases caused by viruses such as herpes simplex, vaccinia or varicella.
- If you have eye diseases caused by mycobacterium or fungi.
- If you are a breastfeeding woman.
Side effects of Raymoxi L Eye Drops
- Dry eyes
- Eye pain
- Eye irritation
Precautions and Warnings of Raymoxi L Eye Drops
Other General Warnings
- You have a condition called glaucoma, with increased pressure in the eyes.
- You experience blurred vision or other visual disturbances after using this medicine.
- You experience an allergic reaction after using Raymoxi L Eye Drop.
- You develop pain, redness, itching or inflammation that worsens.
- Your symptoms do not get better within two days.
- You wear contact lenses.
- You take medicines called fluoroquinolones, mainly if you are an elderly patient or if you are taking medicines called corticosteroids.
Mode of Action of Raymoxi L Eye Drops
How Does It Work?
- Raymoxi L Eye Drop contains a combination of moxifloxacin and loteprednol as active substances.
- Moxifloxacin is an antibiotic that prevents certain chemicals in the bacteria that are essential for the proper maintenance and functioning of bacterial DNA (genetic material). The inhibition of these chemicals leads to the death of infection-causing bacteria....
- Loteprednol is a corticosteroid that works by reducing inflammation by stopping the release of certain natural substances that cause swelling and pain.
Directions for Use of Raymoxi L Eye Drops
- Use Raymoxi L Eye Drop exactly as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow the directions carefully and do not miss an application.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2 - 3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper. The dropper must be kept clean to avoid infections.
- Using a clean tissue or cloth, wipe any excess liquid from your face.
- Use the exact number of drops as recommended by your doctor.
- If you have been prescribed any other eye drops or eye ointments, keep an interval of at least 5 minutes between both the medicines.
Interactions of Raymoxi L Eye Drops
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Raymoxi L Eye Drop are to be used externally, it is less likely to interact with other medicines.
- However, consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines to treat any other health conditions.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines called anticholinergics (used to treat conditions like gastrointestinal and muscular spasms, strong/sudden need to urinate or asthma) or other eye drops for the treatment of increased pressure in the eye....
- Medicines like ritonavir and cobicistat used for the treatment of HIV may increase the effect of Raymoxi L Eye Drop.
Storage and disposal of Raymoxi L Eye Drops
- Store Raymoxi L Eye Drop in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Raymoxi L Eye Drops
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Raymoxi L Eye Drop used for?
Q: Can Raymoxi L Eye Drop be used while breastfeeding?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- Lotemax 0.5% w/v Eye Drops, Suspension - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- Lotemax 0.5% w/v Eye Drops, Suspension - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- MOXIVIG 0.5%w/v Eye Drops, Solution - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- MOXIVIG 0.5%w/v Eye Drops, Solution - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]