Q Mind 100mg Tablet
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Q Mind 100 mg tablet is primarily used to treat mania and schizophrenia. It is also used in the treatment of bipolar disorder. It is an atypical antipsychotic medicine. The active ingredient in Q Mind 100 mg tablets is Quetiapine. The mode of action of Q Mind 100 mg tablets is by influencing the actions of specific chemical messengers in the brain. Directions for use of Q Mind 100 mg tablets should be strictly followed. It should be taken on a doctor's recommendation, in the dose and duration prescribed. The user mustn't discontinue this medicine without first consulting the doctor. Sudden stoppage can worsen symptoms and result in Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (NMS), a condition that causes fever, muscular stiffness, altered awareness, or seizures. Side effects of Q Mind 100 mg tablets include weight gain, altered cholesterol levels, drowsiness, headache, nausea, and dry mouth. It can also cause a drop in blood pressure on suddenly standing up from a lying down position. Any weight changes can be countered by a lifestyle change, eating a nutritious diet, and engaging in physical activity. Q Mind 100 mg tablets increase the risk of diabetes. It is essential to keep track of your glucose levels when on treatment with this medication. Any unexpected changes in mood or behaviour, new or severe depression, or suicidal tendencies should be reported to the treating doctor....
|You Save||₹68.40 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Mania, Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder|
|Side effects||Increased appetite, Drowsiness, Headache, Dry mouth, Altered cholesterol levels, Nausea, Vomiting|
Check more medicines with composition as Quetiapine(100.0 Mg)
Uses of Q Mind 100 MG
- As per CDSCO, Q Mind 100 mg tablets are used in the treatment of:
- Bipolar disorder
Contraindications of Q Mind 100 MG
- Do not take Q Mind 100 mg tablets:
- If you are allergic to the active ingredient (Quetiapine) of Q Mind 100 mg tablet
Side effects of Q Mind 100 MG
- Side effects of Q Mind 100 mg tablets include:
- Increased appetite
- Dry mouth
- Altered cholesterol levels
Precautions and Warnings of Q Mind 100 MG
Can I take Q Mind 100 mg tablets during pregnancy?
Taking Q Mind 100 mg tablets during pregnancy might be harmful. Despite the absence of human studies, animal research has found harmful effects on the developing foetus. Before recommending this medicine, your doctor will discuss its benefits and potential risks with you. Please consult a physician.
Can I take Q Mind 100 mg tablets while breastfeeding?
Q Mind 100 mg tablets are not advised for nursing mothers. Human studies have shown this medicine to pass into breast milk, causing harm to the infant.
Can I drive if I have taken a Q Mind 100 mg tablet?
Q Mind 100 mg tablets can cause side effects that hamper driving ability. Do not drive if you have diminished alertness, vision problems, drowsiness, dizziness, and lightheadedness.
Can I consume alcohol with Q Mind 100 mg tablets?
Alcohol is unsafe during treatment with Q Mind 100 mg tablets because it raises the risk of side effects such as dizziness and concentration problems.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You need to do something that requires total concentration. Q Mind 100 mg tablets might produce disorientation and fatigue.
- You observe unusual shifts in mood or behaviour, sudden or severe depression, or suicidal thoughts or behaviour.
- You develop heart problems or have trouble moving around normally. Consult your doctor though the chances of having this side effect is low with Q Mind 100 mg tablets.
- You experience weight gain and increased blood sugar and cholesterol levels. You must take a healthy diet and exercise regularly. Consult your doctor so your blood pressure can be monitored periodically....
Mode of Action of Q Mind 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Q Mind 100 mg tablet is an atypical antipsychotic. It operates by influencing the actions of particular chemical messengers in the brain.
Directions for Use of Q Mind 100 MG
- Take Q Mind 100 mg tablets exactly as advised by your doctor.
- Do not exceed the dosage, even if you cannot notice the effects of this medicine.
- This medicine takes 4-6 weeks to show results.
- Take the medicine with or without meals.
- Q Mind 100 mg tablets should be taken at the same time every day, so a stable level of the medicine is maintained in the body.
- Follow the label directions thoroughly, and if you have any questions, consult your healthcare professional.
- Take Q Mind 100 mg tablets as a whole with a glass of water. Do not break or chew this tablet.
- Treatment with Q Mind 100 mg tablets is started on a low dose before gradually increasing the dosage.
- Do not suddenly stop taking this medicine, even if you feel better. Always consult your doctor. The dose of this medicine needs to be tapered before stopping.
Interactions of Q Mind 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Q Mind 100 mg tablets may interact with the following medications and cause serious side effects like weight gain, altered cholesterol levels, or nausea.
- Cough medicines like hydrocodone and codeine
- Muscle relaxants like cyclobenzaprine and carisoprodol
- Analgesics like tramadol, hydrocodone, and acetaminophen
- Opioid pain medications like zolpidem, alprazolam, and lorazepam
- Antihistamines like diphenhydramine and cetirizine
Storage and disposal of Q Mind 100 MG
Keep the Q Mind 100 mg tablets sealed in their original packaging. Keep the tablets at room temperature in a dry place, away from heat and moisture. Keep away from pets and children. Secure the protective caps tightly to prevent accidental poisoning in children. Dispose of unwanted medicines properly to avoid consumption by animals, children, or others. Do not throw these medications as household garbage. A medicine take-back programme is the best approach to discard unused or expired tablets....
Dosage of Q Mind 100 MG
Q Mind 100 mg tablet overdose can cause tiredness, disorientation, fainting, and a fast pulse. If the affected person is unconscious, has had a stroke, has breathing difficulty, or cannot be woken up, rush them to a nearby hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a Q Mind 100 mg tablet dose, try to take it as soon as you remember. If you recall the missed dose when it is almost time for the next one, skip the missed one and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take both of them together; this can lead to adverse reactions....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it safe to use Q Mind 100 mg tablets for a long time?
A: Long-term usage of Q Mind 100 mg tablets may result in adverse effects, including tardive dyskinesia, uncontrollable arm and leg movements, high blood sugar, eyesight impairment, and weight gain. The doctor will prescribe this medicine for the long term if the advantages outweigh the hazards.
Q: Is it safe for children to take Q Mind 100 mg tablets?
A: Q Mind 100 mg tablet is not recommended for children and teenagers under eighteen. This medicine can induce adverse effects in youngsters, including breast swelling in girls and boys, irregular periods, and weight gain.
Q: Is it true that Q Mind 100 mg tablets raise blood pressure?
A: Yes. Q Mind 100 mg tablets raise blood pressure. It is good to keep track of your blood pressure when taking this medicine.
- New Drugs Approved by CDSCO [Internet]. cdscoonline.gov.in [cited 11 Mar 2022] -
- Quetiapine: Hepatocellular Damage (Case Report). React Wkly [Internet]. 2013. 1467(1): 33–33 [cited 1 Mar 2022]
- Ltd AP. Australian Public Assessment Report for Quetiapine (as fumarate) [Internet]. www.tga.gov.au. 2010 [cited 11 Mar 2022] -
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.