Prolomet Xl 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Prolomet Xl 25 MG Description
Prolomet XL 25 tablet is used to treat chest pain (angina), high blood pressure and heart failure. It contains metoprolol as its active ingredient. This medicine acts by lowering the raised blood pressure and slowing the heart rate by relaxing the blood vessels.
Met XL 25 tablet, Metolar XR 25 tablet, Seloken XL 25 tablet, Betaloc 25 tablet and Metocard XL 25 tablet are other medicines containing metoprolol as their active ingredient. While taking this medicine, you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly.
Prolomet XL 25 tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken with or after food. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by the doctor.
Some common side effects of tab Prolomet XL 25 are nausea, tiredness, dizziness and headache. However, if these symptoms worsen or persist, contact your doctor immediately. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹6.30 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||High blood pressure, angina (chest pain), prevent heart attack and migraine|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, dizziness, headache|
Uses of Prolomet Xl 25 MG
Contraindications of Prolomet Xl 25 MG
- If you are allergic to metoprolol or any other ingredients of Prolomet XL 25 mg tablet.
- If you have low blood pressure, diabetes, renal or liver disease, a decreased heart rate.
- If you have a heart condition such as heart block, uncontrolled heart failure, etc.
- If you are taking medication like verapamil, diltiazem and disopyramide (heart medicine).
- If you have an electrolyte imbalance or acid-base imbalance.
- If you have asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or lung condition.
Side effects of Prolomet Xl 25 MG
- Stomach pain
- A sudden drop in blood pressure when you stand from a seated or lying down position (orthostatic hypotension).
Precautions and Warnings of Prolomet Xl 25 MG
Other General Warnings
Directions for Use of Prolomet Xl 25 MG
Storage and disposal of Prolomet Xl 25 MG
- Prolomet XL 25 mg tablets should be stored at room temperature. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Avoid keeping in places where there is too much sunlight, heat or moisture. Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Quick Tips of Prolomet Xl 25 MG
- Prolomet XL 25 tablet is prescribed to treat high blood pressure, along with certain heart conditions such as angina (chest pain) and heart failure. This medication can also help reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke and migraine. It contains metoprolol as its active ingredient....
- Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended. Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
- Before starting Prolomet XL 25 tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding. Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history....
- It is recommended that, in addition to taking Prolomet XL 25 tablet on time, you make certain lifestyle changes. Among these changes are eating a low-fat, low-salt diet, maintaining a healthy weight, exercising for 30 minutes daily, quitting smoking and limiting alcohol consumption....
- Headache, stomach pain, diarrhoea and nausea/vomiting may occur in some individuals with the use of this medicine. Inform your doctor if these effects bother you or do not go away.
- If you experience dizziness or sleepiness after taking Prolomet XL 25 tablet, it is recommended to avoid driving, operating heavy machinery or performing any such tasks that require mental alertness.
- Missing a dose of your blood pressure medication can lead to serious health problems. If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember.
- It is not recommended to consume apple, grapefruit or orange juice since it reacts with them.
Dosage of Prolomet Xl 25 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Prolomet Xl 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Prolomet Xl 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Prolomet XL 25 mg tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss it with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination schedule....
- It can react with phenobarbital (used in the treatment of epilepsy), amlodipine (used in heart conditions), diclofenac (used to treat pain and fever), fluoxetine (used in the treatment of mental health illness), antipsychotic medicines, antiretroviral like ritonavir, diphenhydramine, which is an antihistamine, hydroxychloroquine (used in the treatment of malaria) and antifungals....
Interactions with food items
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop Prolomet XL 25 tablet on my own?
Q: What special precautions should I follow when I am taking Prolomet XL 25 mg tablet?
Q: What should I inform my doctor before starting Prolomet XL 25 mg tablet?
Q: How should I store Prolomet XL 25 mg tablets?
Q: Can Prolomet XL 25 mg tablet be taken on an empty stomach?
Q: How long can I take Prolomet XL 25?
Q: What is the substitute for Prolomet XL 25?
Q: How do I stop taking Prolomet XL 25?
Q: Is Prolomet a blood thinner?
Q: What is the use of Prolomet XL 25?
Q: What is the composition of Prolomet XL?
- Metoprolol film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 5 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 5 April 2022]
- METOPROLOL SUCCINATE- metoprolol succinate ER tablets tablet, film coated, extended release [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 5 April 2022]
- Lactmed - Metoprolol [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 5 April 2022]
- Metoprolol film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 5 April 2022]