Betaloc 25mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
By ASTRAZENECA PHARMA INDIA LTD
30 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Betaloc 25mg tablet is an anti-hypertensive medicine containing metoprolol as the active ingredient. Metoprolol is used to treat raised blood pressure (hypertension) and various other heart-related co
nditions such as angina (chest pain), heart failure, preventing further complications. Metoprolol in the Betaloc 25mg tablet is a 'Selective beta-blocker' class of medicine, with action specific to the heart muscles. This medicine acts by relaxing the blood vessels thereby reducing the load on the heart and decreasing the blood pressure. Betaloc 25mg tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age. Abruptly stopping this medicine can lead to hypertensive crisis meaning a sudden rise in blood pressure further leading to heart attack and various critical conditions. You may experience dizziness, headache, difficulty in breathing while on this medicine. If these symptoms worsen or do not resolve, reach out to the doctor immediately. Before using the Betaloc 25mg tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Betaloc 25mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Betaloc 25mg tablet is used to treat high blood pressure mainly, along with certain heart conditions such as angina (chest pain), and heart failure.
- Decreased blood pressure helps prevent other conditions like kidney problems, stroke, heart attack and migraine.
Contraindications of Betaloc 25mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Metoprolol or any other ingredients of Betaloc 25mg tablet.
- If you have any heart condition such as heart block, uncontrolled heart failure.
- If you have asthma or any lung condition.
- If you have low blood pressure, diabetes.
- If you have renal or liver disease.
- If you have an electrolyte imbalance, acid-base imbalance.
- If you have a decreased heart rate.
- If you are on medication like verapamil, diltiazem, disopyramide (heart medicine).
Side effects of Betaloc 25mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Decreased heart rate
- Difficulty in breathing
- A sudden drop in blood pressure when you stand from a seated or lying down position (orthostatic hypotension)
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Betaloc 25mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Can I take Betaloc 25mg tablet during pregnancy?
The use of Betaloc 25mg tablet is not recommended during pregnancy unless prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor about the pregnancy and also if you think you may be pregnant.
Can I take Betaloc 25mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Betaloc 25mg tablet passes into the breastmilk and may cause harm to the breastfeeding infant. You should not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor. The infant needs to be monitored closely while you are on this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Betaloc 25mg tablet?
Betaloc 25mg tablet can make you feel dizzy or sleepy. So, be cautious while driving after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Betaloc 25mg tablet?
Alcohol might increase sleepiness or cause a drop in your blood pressure. Therefore, avoid drinking alcohol while taking Betaloc 25mg tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience an allergic reaction.
- You had any side effect after taking Betaloc 25mg tablet.
- You have any medical conditions such as diabetes, heart conditions, liver or kidney diseases.
- You have respiratory conditions like asthma, obstructive lungs disease (COPD).
- Betaloc 25mg tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age
Mode of Action of Betaloc 25mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Betaloc 25mg tablet works by relaxing the blood vessels, slowing down the heart rate. By doing this, it reduces the workload on the heart of pumping the blood effectively.
Directions for Use of Betaloc 25mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Betaloc 25mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your
Interactions of Betaloc 25mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- The effect of medications used to treat diabetes such as insulin may be increased with Betaloc 25mg tablet
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like digoxin may alter the effect.
- Medicine used to treat heart conditions such as verapamil, diltiazem, nifedipine can cause decreased heart rate, low blood pressure when used along with this medicine.
- Pain-killer medicines like diclofenac, indometacin may decrease the effect of Betaloc 25mg tablet.
- Rifampicin (anti-tubercular) may decrease the effect of Betaloc 25mg tablet, whereas paroxetine, fluoxetine, sertraline (mood elevator), cimetidine (acid-lowering), hydralazine (anti-allergic), lidocaine (anaesthetic) may increase the effect of this medicine....Read more
- Concurrent use of hormonal pills such as oestrogen decreases the anti-hypertensive action of this medicine
- Concurrent use of certain medicines such as aldesleukin (skin cancer), alprostadil (erectile dysfunction), clonazepam, diazepine (mood and sleep) increases the effect of Betaloc 25mg tablet.
- Discuss with your doctor any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Betaloc 25mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Store below 25°C. Protect from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Betaloc 25mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Excess of Betaloc 25mg tablet may cause decreased heart rate, low blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, heart failure, decreases blood sugar and oxygen levels, altered electrolyte levels and coma. If you
have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
Take a dose as soon as you remember you have missed a dose. However, if you are close to the next dose, do not take the missed dose. Try to follow the Betaloc 25mg tablet dosage regimen regularly. Do
not take extra doses of the medicine to make up for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop the Betaloc 25mg tablet on my own?
A: Do not suddenly stop taking Betaloc 25mg tablet dosage without talking to your doctor. If you stop it suddenly, you can suffer from chest pain, irregular heartbeat or heart attack. Your doctor might tell you to decrease your dose gradually.
Q: What are the special precautions that I must follow while taking Betaloc 25mg tablet?
A: If you experience any symptoms of dizziness, syncope, vision problems, sexual dysfunction, slowing of heart rate, etc, immediately report to the doctor so that he can adjust your dose depending on your blood pressure, heart rate, level of the medicine in your serum and other such important factors.
Q: What should I inform my healthcare provider before I start taking Betaloc 25mg tablet?
A: You should give an account of your past or present diseases like liver, kidney or heart-related disorders, diabetes mellitus and thyroid disorders if any. You must inform your doctor about your ongoing prescription and non-prescription medicines, nutritional supplements, vitamins, herbal medicines, etc. Women should share information about pregnancy status, use of oral birth control pills, and other vital information like history of pregnancy-induced high blood pressure if any.
Q: Does Betaloc 25mg tablet help you sleep better?
A: Betaloc 25mg tablet is known to have sleep disturbances such as difficulty falling asleep and insomnia.
Q: Does Betaloc 25mg tablet make you fat?
A: Weight gain is a known side effect of Betaloc 25mg tablet. Consult your doctor if any such symptoms are noticed.
Q: Can I drink coffee while taking Betaloc 25mg tablet?
A: Avoid taking products that have caffeine as it can trigger blood pressure.
Q: When should I take Betaloc 25mg tablet?
A: Betaloc 25mg tablet should preferably be taken at a fixed time with or without food. However, it is better to take it on an empty stomach. It is recommended to take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor for a specific duration and time.
Q: Is Betaloc 25mg tablet used to treat migraine?
A: No, Betaloc 25mg tablet cannot be used to treat migraine. However, it is being used as a prophylaxis to prevent migraine.
- Betaloc - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) [Internet]. Astrazeneca.in. 2021 [cited 24 August 2021]
- Metoprolol Tartrate Tablets BP 50mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 24 August 2021]
- CDSCO - Metoprolol [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 24 August 2021]
- Metoprolol tartrate 50 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 24 August 2021]
- Metoprolol tartrate 50 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 24 August 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 27 Aug 2021 | 10:14 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved