Metolar Xr 25mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
By CIPLA LIMITED
15 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Metolar XR 25mg Tablet contains Metoprolol, an 'Anti-hypertensive' medicine. It is used to decrease the increased blood pressure and other heart-related conditions such as angina (chest pain), heart failure, thus preventing the further complications such as kidney failure, vision change. Metolar XR 25mg Tablet belongs to a 'Selective beta-blockers' class of medicine, having action specific to the heart muscles. Metoprolol in Metolar XR 25mg Tablet acts by relaxing the blood vessels thereby reducing the load on the heart and lowering the blood pressure. You should not stop taking this medicine abruptly, it may result in severe complications such as hypertensive crisis. Metolar XR 25mg Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age. You may experience dizziness, headache, difficulty in breathing while on this medicine. If these symptoms worsen or do not resolve, reach out to the doctor immediately.
Uses of Metolar Xr 25mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Metolar XR 25mg Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure mainly, along with certain heart conditions such as angina (chest pain), and heart failure.
- Decreased blood pressure helps prevent other conditions like kidney problems, stroke, heart attack and migraine.
Contraindications of Metolar Xr 25mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- If you are allergic to Metoprolol or any other ingredient of Metolar XR 25mg Tablet.
- If you have any heart condition such as heart block, uncontrolled heart failure.
- If you have asthma or any lung condition.
- If you have low blood pressure, diabetes.
- If you have renal or liver disease.
- If you have an electrolyte imbalance, acid-base imbalance.
- If you have a decreased heart rate.
- If you are on medication like verapamil, diltiazem, disopyramide (heart medicine).
Side effects of Metolar Xr 25mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Decreased heart rate
- Difficulty in breathing
- A sudden drop in blood pressure when you stand from a seated or lying down position (orthostatic hypotension)
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Metolar Xr 25mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Can I take Metolar XR 25mg Tablet during pregnancy?
The use of Metolar XR 25mg Tablet is not recommended during pregnancy unless prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor about the pregnancy and also if you think you may be pregnant.
Can I take Metolar XR 25mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
Metolar XR 25mg Tablet passes into the breastmilk and may cause harm to the breastfeeding infant. You should not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Metolar XR 25mg Tablet?
Metolar XR 25mg Tablet can make you feel dizzy or sleepy. Hence, be cautious while driving after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Metolar XR 25mg Tablet?
Alcohol might increase sleepiness or cause a drop in your blood pressure. Therefore, avoid drinking alcohol while taking Metolar XR 25mg Tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience an allergic reaction.
- You had any side effect after taking Metolar XR 25mg Tablet.
- You have any medical conditions such as diabetes, heart conditions, liver or kidney diseases.
- You have respiratory conditions like asthma, obstructive lungs disease (COPD).
- Metolar XR 25mg Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Metolar Xr 25mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
How Does It Work?
Metolar XR 25mg Tablet works by relaxing the blood vessels, thus slowing down the heart rate. By doing this, it reduces the workload on the heart of pumping the blood effectively.
Directions for Use of Metolar Xr 25mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Metolar XR 25mg Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Metolar Xr 25mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- The effect of medicines used to treat diabetes such as insulin may be increased with Metolar XR 25mg Tablet
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like digoxin may alter the effect.
- Medicine used to treat heart conditions such as verapamil, diltiazem, nifedipine can cause a decreased heart rate, low blood pressure when used along with this medicine.
- Pain-killer medicines like diclofenac, indomethacin may decrease the effect of Metolar XR 25mg Tablet.
- Rifampicin (anti-tubercular) may decrease the effect of Metolar XR 25mg Tablet, whereas paroxetine, fluoxetine, sertraline (mood elevator), cimetidine (acid-lowering), hydralazine (anti-allergic), lidocaine (anaesthetic) may increase the effect of this medicine.read less
- Concurrent use of hormonal pills such as oestrogen decreases the anti-hypertensive action of this medicine
- Concurrent use of certain medicines such as aldesleukin (skin cancer), alprostadil (erectile dysfunction), clonazepam, diazepine (mood and sleep) increases the effect of Metolar XR 25mg Tablet.
- Discuss with your doctor any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Metolar Xr 25mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Store below 25°C. Protect from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Metolar Xr 25mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Excess of Metolar XR 25mg Tablet may cause decreased heart rate, low blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, heart failure, decreases blood sugar and oxygen levels, altered electrolyte levels and coma. If you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
Take a dose as soon as you remember you have missed a dose. However, if you are close to the next dose, do not take the missed dose. Try to follow the Metolar XR 25mg Tablet dosage regimen regularly. Do not take extra doses of the medicine to make up for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the serious side effects of Metolar XR 25mg Tablet?
A: Metolar XR 25mg Tablet can cause worsening of heart failure and excessive lowering of the heart rate. If you experience such a condition, a doctor should be consulted immediately as the dose needs to be changed.
Q: What happens if I stop taking Metolar XR 25mg Tablet abruptly?
A: Metolar XR 25mg Tablet if stopped abruptly can cause irregular heartbeat, chest pain or heart attack. Hence, the dose should be reduced gradually before stopping it.
Q: What are the precautions to be taken in the case of patients with diabetes taking Metolar XR 25mg Tablet?
A: Metolar XR 25mg Tablet can worsen diabetes. Thus, caution is needed. This medicine may reduce blood sugar levels and affect the body's response to low levels of blood sugar.
Q: What are the special precautions to be followed during treatment?
A: A physician should be consulted immediately in case of symptoms such as dizziness, syncope, vision problems, sexual dysfunction, slowing of heart rate, etc. The medicine dose needs to be adjusted as per the patient's blood pressure, heart rate, level of medicine in the serum and other such important factors.
Q: What are the things to be discussed with the healthcare practitioner before treatment with Metolar XR 25mg Tablet?
A: Women should share information about pregnancy status, use of oral contraceptives, history of pregnancy-induced high blood pressure, etc. The physician should be informed about past or present diseases like liver, kidney or heart-related disorders, diabetes mellitus and thyroid disorders. He should also be informed about the ongoing prescription and non-prescription medicines, nutritional supplements, vitamins, herbal medicines, etc.
Q: Is Metolar XR 25mg Tablet and Metoprolol same?
A: Yes, Metolar XR 25mg Tablet contains Metoprolol as its active therapeutic ingredient. However, Metolar XR 25mg Tablet is a modified formulation designed as an extended-release, aimed to be released slowly into the body, providing a longer duration of action; whereas Metoprolol in normal immediate release form having a shorter duration of action when compared with Metolar XR 25mg Tablet.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 03 Mar 2021 | 11:16 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved