Metocard Xl 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Metocard Er Xl 25 MG Description
Metocard Er Xl Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure and various other heart-related conditions such as angina (chest pain), heart failure, preventing further complications. It contains metopro
ol as its active ingredient that acts by relaxing the blood vessels, reducing the load on the heart and decreasing blood pressure. Metocard Er Xl Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Do not abruptly stop taking the medicine. This tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting the Metocard Er Xl Tablet.
|You Save||₹7.26 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||High blood pressure, angina (chest pain), prevent heart attack and migraine|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, dizziness, headache, low blood pressure|
- Metol Xl 25mg TabletBy Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 48.54₹ 33.9817% CHEAPER₹ 3.4/Tablet
- Starpress Xl 25mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 75.09₹ 63.83₹ 4.26/Tablet
- Seloken Xl 25mg Strip Of 30 TabletsBy Astrazeneca Pharma India Ltd30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 138.00₹ 117.304% CHEAPER₹ 3.91/Tablet
- Revelol Xl 25mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Ipca Laboratories15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 75.10₹ 63.83₹ 4.26/Tablet
- Metzok 25mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Usv Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 45.02₹ 38.276% CHEAPER₹ 3.83/Tablet
- Metromax Xl 25mg TabletBy Akumentis Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 44.24₹ 35.3913% CHEAPER₹ 3.54/Tablet
- Metozaar Xl 25mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Corona Remedies Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 35.46₹ 30.1426% CHEAPER₹ 3.01/Tablet
- Cardibeta Xr 25mg Tablet 10'sBy Rpg Life Sciences Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 45.20₹ 38.426% CHEAPER₹ 3.84/Tablet
- Vinicor Xl 25mg TabletBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 50.07₹ 42.56₹ 4.26/Tablet
- Metapro Xl 25mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Micro Labs15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 75.09₹ 63.83₹ 4.26/Tablet
Uses of Metocard Er Xl 25 MG
Contraindications of Metocard Er Xl 25 MG
- If you are allergic to metoprolol or other ingredients of Metocard Er Xl Tablet.
- If you have a heart condition such as heart block, uncontrolled heart failure.
- If you have asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) or lung condition.
- If you have low blood pressure, diabetes, renal or liver disease, a decreased heart rate.
- If you have an electrolyte imbalance, acid-base imbalance.
- If you are taking medication like verapamil, diltiazem, disopyramide (heart medicine).
Side effects of Metocard Er Xl 25 MG
- Stomach pain
- A sudden drop in blood pressure when you stand from a seated or lying down position (orthodynamic hypotension)
Precautions and Warnings of Metocard Er Xl 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience an allergic reaction after taking the Metocard Er Xl Tablet.
- You have medical conditions such as diabetes, heart conditions, liver or kidney disease.
- You have respiratory conditions like asthma, obstructive lungs disease (COPD).
- You are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding.
- You have a tumour of the adrenal gland tissue (Pheochromocytoma).
- You have an overactive thyroid (a condition when the thyroid gland produces too much of the thyroxine hormone).
- You are suffering from a type of skin disease psoriasis.
- You have circulation related problems in the toes, arm, legs or fingers.
- You are suffering from a type of chest pain (Prinzmetal’s angina).
- You recently had a heart attack, chest pain or heart surgery.
- Metocard Er Xl Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Metocard Er Xl 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Metocard Er Xl 25 MG
Interactions of Metocard Er Xl 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Metocard Er Xl works or this medicine itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for a brain-related disorder....
Storage and disposal of Metocard Er Xl 25 MG
- Store Metocard Er Xl Tablets below 25°C. Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Metocard Er Xl 25 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Metocard Er Xl Tablet a beta-blocker?
Q: Can I stop taking Metocard Er Xl if my blood pressure level comes in control?
Q: Is Metocard Er Xl blood thinner?
- Metoprolol film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 July 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 22 July 2022]
- METOPROLOL SUCCINATE- metoprolol succinate ER tablets tablet, film coated, extended release [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 22 July 2022]
- Lactmed - Metoprolol [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 22 July 2022]
- Metoprolol film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 July 2022]