Profigran 5mg Tablet
Profigran 5 MG Description
Profigran Tablet is used in the prevention of migraine. It contains flunarizine as an active ingredient. It is not recommended for people below 18 years of age. One may experience an increase in weig
t, dizziness or depression when taking this Tablet. It is also important to follow a healthy lifestyle, avoid triggers for migraines like strong smells, sounds, certain food items, extremes of temperature, lack of sleep, etc. Discussion with your doctor may help you identify your migraine attack triggers.
- Flunarin 5mg TabletBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 25.65₹ 21.8042% CHEAPER₹ 2.18/Tablet
- Sibelium 5mg Strip Of 30 TabletsBy Johnson & Johnson30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 102.00₹ 92.8218% CHEAPER₹ 3.09/Tablet
- Mgr 5mg TabletBy Inga Laboratories Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 29.09₹ 25.6032% CHEAPER₹ 2.56/Tablet
Uses of Profigran 5 MG
Contraindications of Profigran 5 MG
- If you have an allergy to flunarizine or any other ingredients present in Profigran Tablet.
- If you have Parkinson’s Disease (decrease mobility and tremors) or have a family history of Parkinson’s Disease.
- If you have suffered from any psychiatric disorders in the past or presently under treatment.
Side effects of Profigran 5 MG
- Weight gain
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Feeling low
Precautions and Warnings of Profigran 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are elderly and suffering from psychiatric disorders.
- You have problems with your liver.
- You are experiencing fatigue, muscle pain and weakness.
- You have Parkinson's disease and are taking medicines for treating the same, as it may potentiate some side-effects like shakiness (tremors), muscle stiffness (rigidity), difficulty in movements (bradykinesia), these are called extrapyramidal symptoms. Profigran Tablet may not be useful to treat active migraine attack....
- It would be best if you regularly visit your doctor during Flunarizine therapy. Any adverse reactions may be detected early and required actions may be taken.
Mode of Action of Profigran 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Profigran 5 MG
- Take Profigran Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- It would be best if you do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Profigran 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Profigran Tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
- Especially, if you are taking anti-epileptic medicines such as phenytoin, as it may affect the activity of Profigran Tablet.
- You may feel more drowsy or sleepy when taken along with brain-related medicines like diazepam, alprazolam and mephenytoin (to treat some psychiatric illness).
- Women who are on oral contraceptives may experience milky discharge from the nipple (Galactorrhea) during Flunarizine treatment.
Storage and disposal of Profigran 5 MG
- Store it below 30°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You must discard this medicine when it expires or is no longer needed.