Primzed N 5mg Tablets
By ZOTA PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Primzed N 5mg Tablets Description
Primzed N 5mg Tab is a hormonal medicine containing norethisterone as its active ingredient. It is used to treat menstrual and gynaecological problems mainly due to hormonal imbalance. It is a synth
etic form of a female sex hormone, progesterone. It works by imitating the actions of the natural hormone progesterone. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor and for the duration specified. You should not take this medicine if you are pregnant, suffering from jaundice or any liver disorders and have disorders related to blood clot formation. You can take this medicine with or without food, but take it at the same time every day for better results.
|You Save||₹7.80 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Menstural and gynaecological problem|
|Side effects||Headaches, migraine, fatigue, feeling low|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR MENSTRUAL AND GYNAECOLOGICAL DISORDERS|
Check more medicines with composition as Norethisterone(5.0 Mg)
Uses of Primzed N 5mg Tablets
Primzed N 5mg Tab is used for the treatment of menstrual & gynaecological disorders due to hormonal imbalance.
Contraindications of Primzed N 5mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to norethisterone or any of the ingredients of Primzed N 5mg Tab .
- If you have a history of jaundice or skin allergies such as pruritus during pregnancy.
- If you have disorders of lipid metabolism or abnormal cholesterol levels.
- If you often experience vaginal bleeding and it is not being diagnosed yet.
- If you have a history of breast or vaginal cancer.
- If you have active or have a history of liver-related diseases such as jaundice.
- If you have a history of heart disorders like chest pain(angina), heart attack or stroke.
- If you have blood clotting disorders such as thrombophlebitis and thromboembolism.
Side effects of Primzed N 5mg Tablets
- Feeling low
- Irregular menses
- Breast discomforts
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Change in weight
Precautions and Warnings of Primzed N 5mg Tablets
Can I take Primzed N 5mg Tab during pregnancy?
Primzed N 5mg Tab should not be used during pregnancy. In case you become pregnant during the treatment, discontinue immediately and consult your doctor.
Can I take Primzed N 5mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Generally, it does not affect the quality of milk and does not cause any harm to the breastfed baby. However, it is advised to use Primzed N 5mg Tab only under a doctor's recommendation.
Can I drive if I have consumed Primzed N 5mg Tab ?
If you experience side effects like dizziness after taking Primzed N 5mg Tab , you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Primzed N 5mg Tab ?
Although, there is no known interaction with alcohol along with Primzed N 5mg Tab . It is important to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience migraines, headaches, mood changes or feel low.
- You experience sudden vision impairment, inform your doctor immediately.
- You are an older person or have a habit of smoking and high cholesterol.
- You have any heart disease, disease related to blood vessels or high blood pressure.
- You may develop a risk of a cancerous or non-cancerous liver tumour on long term use of this medicine.
- You have a history of gallstones, liver disease, kidney disease, impaired sugar tolerance or asthma.
- You develop a migraine, headache, rise in blood pressure or jaundice, a doctor should stop this medicine immediately.
- You are going to have surgery, the doctor should discontinue the medicine at least four weeks before to avoid unwanted risks.
- You need to be kept under observation during the treatment to check the possibility of the formation of a clot in blood vessels.
- You are suffering from muscle twitch (tetany) or diabetes.
- You have a history of porphyria (a rare inherited blood disease) and otosclerosis (an inherited form of deafness that sometimes gets worse during pregnancy).
- You have a history of varicose veins (enlarged veins and most commonly appearing in the legs and feet).
- You have a history of a disease in which the immune system eats away the protective covering of nerves (multiple sclerosis).
Mode of Action of Primzed N 5mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Progesterone in Primzed N 5mg Tab acts similarly to the naturally present progesterone that works in normal conditions and helps in regulating the normal functions of the uterus.
Directions for Use of Primzed N 5mg Tablets
- Primzed N 5mg Tab should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not change your dose or stop taking it without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Primzed N 5mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Primzed N 5mg Tab works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking antibiotics, sedatives and medicines to treat seizures and fits.
- Primzed N 5mg Tab should not be taken along with medicines containing steroids such as Prednisone, Prednisolone and Cloprednol as there can be serious interactions.
- Primzed N 5mg Tab should not be taken along with a herbal preparation and St John’s wort used for psychiatric disorders as it can reduce the effect of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Primzed N 5mg Tablets
- Store Primzed N 5mg Tab below 25°C, protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from the reach of children.
Dosage of Primzed N 5mg Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose may include nausea, vomiting, breast enlargement and vaginal bleeding, etc. In case of an overdose with Primzed N 5mg Tab s, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of Primzed N 5mg Tab , take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Primzed N 5mg Tab to postpone my period?
A: No, you should not take Primzed N 5mg Tab for any condition without consulting your doctor.
Q: Can Primzed N 5mg Tab be used as a contraceptive?
A: No, Primzed N 5mg Tab can not be used as contraceptive medicine. Seek a doctor's advice for proper contraceptive medicine.
Q: How does Primzed N 5mg Tab work?
A: Primzed N 5mg Tab contains progesterone that is a human-made form of a natural female sex hormone. It works by acting in a similar way the natural hormone progesterone acts and helps in maintaining the optimal functions of the uterus.
Q: Can Primzed N 5mg Tab cause weight loss?
A: You may experience variations in weight after taking Primzed N 5mg Tab . However, it depends on the physiological condition of an individual and varies among different individuals.
Q: Can I take Primzed N 5mg Tab twice a day?
A: You should take Primzed N 5mg Tab as prescribed by your doctor and for the prescribed duration. Do not increase or decrease the dose of this medicine on your own.
Q: When to take Primzed N 5mg Tab - before a meal or after a meal?
A: Primzed N 5mg Tab can be taken before or after a meal. It is advisable to take this medicine at the same time every day.
Q: Can I get pregnant while on Primzed N 5mg Tab ?
A: Yes, you can get pregnant while you are taking Primzed N 5mg Tab . This medicine is not a birth control medicine, thus you should use appropriate birth control measures while you are on this medicine. Talk to your doctor for more information.
- CDSCO - Norethisterone [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Noriday Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Lactmed - Norethisterone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Noriday Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed