Prazopress Xl 2.5mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
Prazopress Xl 2.5 MG Description
Prazopress Xl Tablet is a anti hypertensive medicine used for lowering high blood pressure.The active component in this medicine is Prazosin. It works by relaxing the blood vessels making blood flow
easier within the body. High blood pressure is a severe medical condition. Therefore, it is very important to take medication on time and for the exact duration as prescribed. Failing to complete the treatment may lead to damage to the heart, brain, blood vessels, kidneys, and other body parts and can impose other medical conditions.
|₹33.67 (14% on MRP)
- Minipress Xl 2.5mg Strip Of 30 TabletsBy Pfizer Limited30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 502.00₹ 431.722.6% CHEAPER₹ 14.39/Tablet
Uses of Prazopress Xl 2.5 MG
Contraindications of Prazopress Xl 2.5 MG
Side effects of Prazopress Xl 2.5 MG
- feeling low,
- dry mouth
- nasal congestion,
- difficulty in breathing
- lack of energy and weakness
- Frequent urination,
Precautions and Warnings of Prazopress Xl 2.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a problem in passing urine or inability, hold urine in the bladder or history of fainting after passing urine.
- You had a heart attack in past or existing heart failure.
- You may experience water retention or weight gain after taking this medicine, in such case, inform your doctor immediately.
- You may experience postural hypotension (sudden drop in blood pressure upon standing from a sitting position accompanied by fainting and lightheadedness).
- You may feel numbness in some parts of the body (Raynaud's disease), such patients need to be monitored closely.
- You are going to have cataract surgery, you need to inform your doctor in advance because it can cause complications during the surgery.
- You experience prolonged erection of penis (Priapism) sometimes longer than 4 hours, seek medical assistance quickly as it can lead to damage to penile tissue and loss of potency.
Mode of Action of Prazopress Xl 2.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Prazopress Xl 2.5 MG
- Take Prazopress Xl Tablet as instructed by your doctor.
- Never stop the medicine as it may lead to a sudden rise in blood pressure.
Interactions of Prazopress Xl 2.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Sildenafil, Tadalafil and Vardenafil (used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction) with Prazopress Xl Tablet can lead to a drop in blood pressure in some patients.
- Be cautious if you are already taking medicines for high blood pressure such as Propranolol and Atenolol (Beta-blockers).
- Discuss with your doctor if you are taking medicines to treat heart disorders, diabetes, gout, sedatives or any painkillers or anti-inflammatory medicines.
Storage and disposal of Prazopress Xl 2.5 MG
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Prazopress Xl 2.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is there any harm if I miss the dose of Prazopress Xl Tablet?
Q: What is Prazopress Xl Tablet used for?
Q: How Prazopress Xl Tablet works?
Q: What is the dose of Prazopress Xl Tablet used for hypertension?
Q: Can I take other medicines to reduce high blood pressure along with Prazopress Xl Tablet 5mg?
Q: Is taking Prazopress Xl Tablet tablets sufficient to control high blood pressure?
- No, Medicines and a healthy lifestyle, play an essential role in maintaining optimal blood pressure. One should follow a DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension), discuss with your doctor for more information about it....
- Maintaining a healthy weight, avoiding smoking and drinking, performing aerobic exercises, and limiting salt intake are the few other lifestyle modifications that can help control high blood pressure.