Parkitane 2mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Parkitane 2 MG Description
Parkitane Tablet is a muscle-relaxing medicine. It contains Trihexyphenidyl (also called Benzhexol hydrochloride) as its active ingredient. It is used to treat Parkinson’s disease. It improves muscle
movement and also reduces muscle stiffness in patients suffering from Parkinson’s disease. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. This medicine should be taken at mealtimes. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|Contains||Trihexyphenidyl / Benzhexol Hydrochloride(2.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, nausea, constipation, dry mouth|
Check more medicines with composition as Trihexyphenidyl / Benzhexol Hydrochloride(2.0 Mg)
3 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Parkitane 2mg Tablet
- Bexol Dt 2mg Bottle Of 100 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd100 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 151.20₹ 128.523.01% CHEAPER₹ 1.29/Tablet
- Bexol 2mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 13.66₹ 11.6112.78% CHEAPER₹ 1.16/Tablet
- Parkin 2mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Micro Labs15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 20.49₹ 17.4212.78% CHEAPER₹ 1.16/Tablet
Uses of Parkitane 2 MG
Parkitane Tablet is used for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease.
Contraindications of Parkitane 2 MG
If you are allergic to Trihexyphenidyl or any other ingredients of Parkitane Tablet.
Side effects of Parkitane 2 MG
- A dry mouth
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Parkitane 2 MG
Can I take Parkitane Tablet during pregnancy?
Parkitane Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited safety data available of the use of this medicine during pregnancy. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if it is considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Parkitane Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Trihexyphenidyl passes into breast milk, hence you should not use Parkitane Tablet while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Parkitane Tablet?
Parkitane Tablet may blur your vision, make you dizzy and cause confusion at times, thus you should avoid driving while on treatment with this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Parkitane Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Parkitane Tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of drinking regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have glaucoma.
- You suffer from prostate problems.
- You have high blood pressure.
- You are suffering from any heart, liver or kidney problems.
- You have difficulty passing urine.
- You have a condition that causes muscle weakness.
- You have stomach ulcers or any other digestive problems.
- You are above 60 years of age.
- Parkitane Tablet is not recommended for use in children and adolescents.
Mode of Action of Parkitane 2 MG
How Does It Work?
Trihexyphenidyl in Parkitane Tablet works by blocking the action of certain natural substances in the brain that regulates body movements, thus helps in reducing muscle stiffness and improving muscle movement....
Directions for Use of Parkitane 2 MG
- Parkitane Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken just before or after having your meal.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Parkitane 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Parkitane Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking painkillers, anti-allergic medicines, medicines used to treat your heart conditions, mental health and other medicines like amantadine used to treat Parkinson’s disease.
- Other medicines like levodopa, metoclopramide and domperidone should be used with caution along with Parkitane Tablet.
Interactions with food items
Parkitane Tablet should be taken just before or just after having your meal.
Storage and disposal of Parkitane 2 MG
- Store Parkitane Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Parkitane 2 MG
- An excess of Parkitane Tablet will lead to coma, respiratory failure and death.
- Symptoms of an overdose are dry skin or mouth, redness, nausea, vomiting, restlessness, confusion, hallucinations, high blood pressure or heart rate, rapid breathing and occasionally fits.
- Seek medical attention in case you experience any of the symptoms or have consumed too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of Parkitane Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Parkitane Tablet?
A: Parkitane Tablet is used in treating Parkinson’s disease.
Q: How many Parkitane Tablet can I take in a day?
A: The dose of Parkitane Tablet varies from person to person. Your doctor will prescribe your dose after accessing your symptoms.
Q: Can I stop taking Parkitane Tablet on my own?
A: No, you should not suddenly stop taking Parkitane Tablet, even if your feeling well, as it may worsen your symptoms. If you feel any discomfort while on treatment, contact your doctor.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Parkitane Tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Parkitane Tablet may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....
Q: How to take Parkitane Tablet?
A: Take Parkitane Tablet as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, just before or after having your meal. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed