Pantab 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By RELIANCE FORMULATION PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pantab Tablet is used to reduce acid production in stomach. It is used for the treatment of ulcers and acid reflux disease or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It contains pantoprazole as an active ingredient. It reduces the amount of acid produced in the stomach by blocking a pump called the proton pump in the stomach wall responsible for the formation of acid. The medicine should be taken on an empty stomach as prescribed by a doctor. Along with taking medicine on time making certain lifestyle modifications can help to manage your acidity problem better. Try eating smaller meals, eat slowly, avoid overeating and lying down immediately after having a meal, limit alcohol intake, avoid smoking and maintain a healthy weight, consult the doctor to understand what works for you best....
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Pantab 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Uses of Pantab 40 MG
Pantab Tablet is used for the treatment of ulcer and acid reflux disease or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
Contraindications of Pantab 40 MG
- If you are allergic to pantoprazole or similar medicines or other ingredients of Pantab Tablet.
- Do not consume the medicine if you are taking rilpivirine used in HIV treatment.
Side effects of Pantab 40 MG
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Pantab 40 MG
Can I take Pantab Tablet during pregnancy?
Limited information is available on the use of Pantab Tablet in pregnancy, use only if prescribed by the doctor.
Can I take Pantab Tablet while breastfeeding?
Pantab Tablet can pass into breast milk. Avoid unless prescribed by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pantab Tablet?
The medicine has no or negligible influence on the ability to drive and use machines. However, you may feel dizzy or experience visual disturbance after taking the medicine. Avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Pantab Tablet?
No known interactions with alcohol, discuss with the doctor if you consume alcohol too often and accordingly, he may suggest to you what will work best for you. Alcohol consumption may be associated with acidity problem and long term consumption can lead to other complications.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may have liver problems.
- You are taking painkiller medicines.
- You have a personal or family history of stomach cancer.
- You are taking medicines used to treat HIV.
- You may have weak and brittle bones (osteoporosis).
- You may have low levels of vitamin B12. Pantab Tablet reduces the absorption of vitamin B12 after a long term use ( longer than 3 years).
- You are on the medicine for more than three months, your blood magnesium levels may drop. The doctor may advise performing regular tests for the same.
- On exposure to the sun, you get rash on the skin, stop the treatment with Pantoprazole and inform the doctor as this may be a symptom of subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus (SCLE).
- You are supposed to do a blood test (Chromogranin A). The medicine may alter the results.
Mode of Action of Pantab 40 MG
How Does It Work?
The proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Pantoprazole binds with proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion. It is used for excessive acidity.
Directions for Use of Pantab 40 MG
- Pantab Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor.
- The medicine must be taken 1 hour before food, on an empty stomach.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Pantab 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Other medicines can affect the way Pantab Tablet works or the medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially medicines for fungal infection, anti-HIV medicines, blood thinner medicines and medicines for cancer.
Storage and disposal of Pantab 40 MG
- Store Pantab Tablets at a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pantab 40 MG
If you have taken too much of Pantab Tablet, seek medical help or call the doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of Pantab Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with a regular dosing schedule. Avoid a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with the doctor before taking Pantab Tablet?
A: Heartburn and chest pain are early symptoms of a heart attack. If the chest pain spreads to the jaw, shoulders, arms, back and you feel light-headed and anxious, seek medical help immediately.
Q: What is Pantab Tablet used for?
A: It is used for the treatment of acidity related disorders like stomach and intestinal ulcers, acid reflux disease.
Q: Can Pantab Tablet be taken after food?
A: Avoid taking after consuming food as by the time it will start showing its effect, the acid in the stomach will be released for digestion of food and it will not affect the amount of acid formation.
- Pansec tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Pantoprazole 20 mg gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- How Are Ulcers Formed from Drinking Alcohol? [Internet]. American Addiction Centers. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]