Pansa 20mg Tablet
Pansa 20 MG Description
Pansa Tablet is used to reduce acid production in stomach. It is used for the treatment of ulcers and acid reflux disease or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It contains pantoprazole as an act
ve ingredient. It reduces the amount of acid produced in the stomach by blocking a pump called the proton pump in the stomach wall responsible for the formation of acid. The medicine should be taken on an empty stomach as prescribed by a doctor. Along with taking medicine on time making certain lifestyle modifications can help to manage your acidity problem better. Try eating smaller meals, eat slowly, avoid overeating and lying down immediately after having a meal, limit alcohol intake, avoid smoking and maintain a healthy weight, consult the doctor to understand what works for you best.
- Pan 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 105.00₹ 89.25₹ 5.95/Tablet
- Pan Junior 20mg Tablets 10'sBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 92.50₹ 78.62₹ 7.86/Tablet
- Oropraz 20mg TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 53.50₹ 45.47₹ 4.55/Tablet
- Pantocid 20mg Tablets 15'sBy Sun Pharma15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 115.00₹ 97.75₹ 6.52/Tablet
Uses of Pansa 20 MG
Contraindications of Pansa 20 MG
- If you are allergic to pantoprazole or similar medicines or other ingredients of Pansa Tablet.
- Do not consume the medicine if you are taking rilpivirine used in HIV treatment.
Side effects of Pansa 20 MG
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Pansa 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You may have liver problems.
- You are taking painkiller medicines.
- You have a personal or family history of stomach cancer.
- You are taking medicines used to treat HIV.
- You may have weak and brittle bones (osteoporosis).
- You may have low levels of vitamin B12. Pansa Tablet reduces the absorption of vitamin B12 after a long term use ( longer than 3 years).
- You are on the medicine for more than three months, your blood magnesium levels may drop. The doctor may advise performing regular tests for the same.
- On exposure to the sun, you get rash on the skin, stop the treatment with Pantoprazole and inform the doctor as this may be a symptom of subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus (SCLE).
- You are supposed to do a blood test (Chromogranin A). The medicine may alter the results.
Mode of Action of Pansa 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Pansa 20 MG
- Pansa Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor.
- The medicine must be taken 1 hour before food, on an empty stomach.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Pansa 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Other medicines can affect the way Pansa Tablet works or the medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially medicines for fungal infection, anti-HIV medicines, blood thinner medicines and medicines for cancer.
Storage and disposal of Pansa 20 MG
- Store Pansa Tablets at a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pansa 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with the doctor before taking Pansa Tablet?
Q: What is Pansa Tablet used for?
Q: Can Pansa Tablet be taken after food?
- Pansec tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Pantoprazole 20 mg gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- How Are Ulcers Formed from Drinking Alcohol? [Internet]. American Addiction Centers. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]